You can see the Wall from atop the Hightower

Falcon2908

And beyond, where the Honeywine widened into Whispering Sound, rose the Hightower, its beacon fires bright against the dawn. From where it stood atop the bluffs of Battle Island, its shadow cut the city like a sword. Those born and raised in Oldtown could tell the time of day by where that shadow fell. Some claimed a man could see all the way to the Wall from the top.

There's some truth to it. You can see the wall from atop the Hightower....but only using glass candles!

i want calculations that show that the curvature of the earth isn't in the way of the line of sight. The glass candle's won't be able to be seen from the wall if there is no line of sight, right?

Do you think you can spot a 1600m mountain from something like 4000 kilometers?

13 minutes ago, Waters Gate said:

i want calculations that show that the curvature of the earth isn't in the way of the line of sight. The glass candle's won't be able to be seen from the wall if there is no line of sight, right?

Do you think you can spot a 1600m mountain from something like 4000 kilometers?

I can see this devolve into a silly argument, but what makes you think the candles work in a straight line? Again "its magic" just like George has said countless times before.

Just now, Rupert Honeybun said:

I can see this devolve into a silly argument, but what makes you think the candles work in a straight line? Again "its magic" just like George has said countless times before.

then it has no special relation to the hightower per se. But then who can use and even aim this glass candle to make any theoreticly possible connection between 2 points? Noone seems to understand how these work these days,

Archived