Lady Stoneheart (Spoiler)

23 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

I meant that if LS had happened when it should have, no one would have thought Jon would stay dead, and everyone would expect him to be brought back. 

But holding LS, and having the only occasion of resurrection being Berric in S3, many people were worried about Jon coming back, even some book readers. 

I think holding her for later is perfect for the show. 

Hate to break it to you, but no one though he was staying dead anyway....

45 minutes ago, Pile-O-Starks said:

I think Ian McShane will be playing Septon Meribald or similar, and I think the character he "brings back to life" is The Hound. This is just a guess. No inside info or anything else.

As far as LSH goes, I don't really care one way or another. I'm cool with her showing up, and I'm cool with them leaving her out. If TWoW had come out, we might know how important she is to whatever happens to Brienne and Jaime. It's probable that the show can get them to the same endpoint without her.

It seems like this has been confirmed: 

Ian McShane confirms in this interview that he is playing Septon Meribald and will be bringing a much loved character back to life. The interviewer says, well it can only be Jon Snow or the Hound, and at around the 1:00 mark he says it is the latter.

2 minutes ago, mjc5156 said:

Ian McShane confirms in this interview that he is playing Septon Meribald and will be bringing a much loved character back to life. The interviewer says, well it can only be Jon Snow or the Hound, and at around the 1:00 mark he says it is the latter.

CLEGANEBOWL!

2 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

I wonder:

Is Ian McShane's character, who he admitted is involved in bringing an important character back to life, the one who potentially brings LSH back?

If you think about it - McShane's character is someone who is travelling with the Brotherhood, and it's the Brotherhood that were involved in finding and bringing LSH back. 

I don't really buy it - why not just have Thoros of Myr do it like normal?

But it's something to think about. 

Nah, if you read some interviews, he is only in the one episode and states that he will be responsible for "nursing a character back to health". Catelyn is dead. Hound, we don't know for sure. Bookreaders will know that it has been alluded to on the Quiet Isle that the Hound is there and well alive. Also, McShane states that he is part of a group of "peaceniks". That fits perfectly with the crew on the Isle. This appears to show that we will be seeing some more Sandor Clegane shortly. Not to mention that the show has straight up said that the zombie kings guardsman is Gregor. Trial by combat coming up seems to point to the brothers finally going at it. 

I will say though, I would love to see LSH. A lot of people hate her character, but I love how she progressed and progressed from a "Lady" to one of the most feared monsters in the Riverlands, bent on hate and revenge. 

Personally I think it'd be too little too late. In the books there were more tidbits of foreshadowing in regards to LS's coming (Mentions of mock-Tully funeral, Arya seeing her corpse through Nymeria, general gossip about BwB). In the show, too much time has passed since the Red Wedding (3 seasons. LS shows up in the same book as the Wedding). They haven't had the opportunity to sprinkle in hints like they've been doing with R+L=J for the past few seasons. Show watchers don't have access to the same context so LS's introduction would seem to be a bit of a cop-out to them. 

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 1:59 PM, Christi84 said:

I think so as well. Jamie and Brienne going to the Riverlands is no coincidence. Neither is the reintroduction of the two specific Freys who killed Talisa and Catelyn. If were not meant to get Jamie and Brienne for the rest of the season after episode 7, then I can see a glimpse of her ending the episode, otherwise I think she'd be the last shot of the season, perhaps being the last face for Walder Frey to see

This would be in keeping with the style of the show. It would be particularly effective for unsullied viewers.

On May 30, 2016 at 10:03 PM, Mourneblade said:
  Hide contents

Lady Stoneheart IMHO will be coming back, the Stage has been set, and I believe it will be this season.

Here is my cousin. Lady Stoneheart comes back and finds out R+L=J and then says "wow, I've been a really bitch" then gets the Valyrian Steel dagger used to cut her hands, brainne shows up with oath keeper, Sam with Heartsbane and Jon with Long Claw. The kill the shit out of walder fray then go north of the wall and kill the nights king alongside bran and Old Benjen Kenobi.  Then they all go to the forest moon of Endor and have a party while Ned, Robert and Jon Arryn show up in force ghost version only Jon Arryn is played by haden christen seen. The big question is did Edric Dayne bring Lord Berric back to the storm lands and find a still living arthur dayne swords of the morning with Dawn and another sword so all the Valyrian Steel weapons are accounted for?

God this show is bad.

On May 30, 2016 at 10:03 PM, Mourneblade said:

I know this has been hashed to death, but now things have changed. Brianne is going to the Riverlands, Jamie is going to the Riverlands. The Blackfish Holds Riverrun. The BWoB was Mentioned as well. I believe we are finally going to get our wish.

I agree they have set things up perfectly to reunite Jaime and Brienne in the Riverlands as in the books. I also agree they could bring LS back--they showed her death and mentioned the BWB. I will admit I agree because I want it to be so! I remember how elated I was when I read about her revival, it was deeply satisfying! I can't believe there are readers who wish her character had been cut from the books! What?!?! :) to each his own!

To those who are saying it would be too complicated or confusing, I think not. Her resurrection could be shown in a vision of Bran's or even her own flashbacks. It would be the perfect season finale cliffhanger ending!

I do wonder where the heck Thoros is, and I also wonder if he and the BWB are aware of the WW threat. Does anyone remember them mentioning it in the show (season 3?). He is a red priest, right? Is he doing anything to warn the realm or prepare for battle? I know we don't know, but that would be a nice reveal in addition to, or along with LS. I mean, surely he's looked into the fire and seen something regarding the WW...

On May 30, 2016 at 10:56 AM, White lilly said:

I think we're getting some sort of representation for LSH but not her. Maybe someone who was part of her entourage or close enough to the family that escaped the RW and now wants revenge. I wish we had LSH but I'm afraid her time has passed. I think Arya warging Nymeria pulling her out of the water was an important part but I don't see them showing that. 

As much as I liked the character, I don't think it fits in the storyline anymore.

By the way, it seems now to me that the whole Jamie in Dorne plotline was to stall the story hoping for WoW to come out.

I actually think the Jaime in Dorne plot line was created to replace the kingsguard knight in Dorne in the books ( can't remember his name) so they didn't have to cast someone new since they weren't going with that very in depth book storyline.

1 hour ago, YOVMO said:

Here is my cousin. Lady Stoneheart comes back and finds out R+L=J and then says "wow, I've been a really bitch" then gets the Valyrian Steel dagger used to cut her hands, brainne shows up with oath keeper, Sam with Heartsbane and Jon with Long Claw. The kill the shit out of walder fray then go north of the wall and kill the nights king alongside bran and Old Benjen Kenobi.  Then they all go to the forest moon of Endor and have a party while Ned, Robert and Jon Arryn show up in force ghost version only Jon Arryn is played by haden christen seen. The big question is did Edric Dayne bring Lord Berric back to the storm lands and find a still living arthur dayne swords of the morning with Dawn and another sword so all the Valyrian Steel weapons are accounted for?

God this show is bad.

Genius comment.  1000 internet points for you today.

I think it's funny people still think there's a chance LSH will be included on the same show that is killing all the direwolves off because they can't be bothered to deal with CGI and costs.

8 minutes ago, dannyk65 said:

I think it's funny people still think there's a chance LSH will be included on the same show that is killing all the direwolves off because they can't be bothered to deal with CGI and costs

each season since season 3 and before each episode it's the same boring question 'will we see LSH?' everybody told them that she was cut from the show but they don't want to understand

2 minutes ago, dannyk65 said:

Genius comment.  1000 internet points for you today.

I think it's funny people still think there's a chance LSH will be included on the same show that is killing all the direwolves off because they can't be bothered to deal with CGI and costs.

lol. Summer and Hodor are dead. Bran's response. Fuck that tard and the wolf basically. 

I did get the feeling that LSH would show up when the Frey Kids told lord walder that the BWoB were attacking them but yeah, I am sure it will be some kind of botched job with something. I don't even remember if show Beric is dead dead.

I have no idea how it is possible that d&d could take such full and rich characters and basically turn them into having zero story arc.  Arya has begun feeling sympathy? Why? Kevan Lannister is now pious despite hating the sparrows just last week? Lady Olenns is a defeatist? Jamie was kicked out of the kings guard and given an army to go to Riverrun despite Marcella being killed by the sand snakes? Kidding aside, Lady Facepalm comes back with the Valyrian Steel dagger and kills the night's king and I am just going to give up. There is almost no way we don't get Jon Arryn Force Ghost played by haden christinseen

15 hours ago, grufolo said:

The Freys mentiones the BWoB explicitly, why would that do that if they didn't wan to bring the BWoB back?

And if they do, there's no point in not having LS back in action, besides pissing the fans off.

Oh, my sweet summer child... Lol

8 hours ago, Olorin81 said:

I'm not sure if Lady Stoneheart will make an appearance in the show. There was a brief mention of the brotherhood without banners in the last episode. What does seem likely is that there will be a Jaime/Brienne reunion as Jaime is being sent to Riverrun by King Tommen and Brienne is being sent to Riverrun by Sansa. But where the show will go with that I'm not sure. But if it is true that would bring those two characters to the point where they are in the books. But the situation is different in the show than in the books. In the books Sansa is still in the Vale with littlefinger and has never met Brienne. In the books during her search for Sansa and Arya Brienne and Pod are eventually captured by the Brotherhood without banners and almost hanged before Brienne agrees to go after Jaime. The last we see of Brienne in the books, she finds Jaime in the Riverlands and tells him he must go with her alone to save Sansa who she claims is being held by the Hound. So perhaps in the show Brienne will run into Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood on her way down to Riverrun. It is possible as we've seen with the Benjen situation.

But it wouldn't make sense in the show. On the books, LSH believes Brienne betrayed her because she's wearing a Lannister armour, plus she has never met neither of the Stark girls. But on the show, though, she met both of them and technically, Sansa is safe with Jon so there's no reason for them to be hanged by LSH.

8 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

I wonder:

Is Ian McShane's character, who he admitted is involved in bringing an important character back to life, the one who potentially brings LSH back?

If you think about it - McShane's character is someone who is travelling with the Brotherhood, and it's the Brotherhood that were involved in finding and bringing LSH back. 

I don't really buy it - why not just have Thoros of Myr do it like normal?

But it's something to think about. 

The actor let it slip he'll be playing Septor Maribald and that Sandor is the one he nurses back to life.

3 hours ago, Mrslannistark said:

I actually think the Jaime in Dorne plot line was created to replace the kingsguard knight in Dorne in the books ( can't remember his name) so they didn't have to cast someone new since they weren't going with that very in depth book storyline.

Arys Oakheart? But he died. But I see them being a filler for the botched Dorne plotline.

2 hours ago, YOVMO said:

lol. Summer and Hodor are dead. Bran's response. Fuck that tard and the wolf basically. 

I did get the feeling that LSH would show up when the Frey Kids told lord walder that the BWoB were attacking them but yeah, I am sure it will be some kind of botched job with something. I don't even remember if show Beric is dead dead.

I have no idea how it is possible that d&d could take such full and rich characters and basically turn them into having zero story arc.  Arya has begun feeling sympathy? Why? Kevan Lannister is now pious despite hating the sparrows just last week? Lady Olenns is a defeatist? Jamie was kicked out of the kings guard and given an army to go to Riverrun despite Marcella being killed by the sand snakes? Kidding aside, Lady Facepalm comes back with the Valyrian Steel dagger and kills the night's king and I am just going to give up. There is almost no way we don't get Jon Arryn Force Ghost played by haden christinseen

Lol! Tbf, I don't think he was able to acknoledge that yet.

Contrary to many posts, i think this is the ideal time to bring in LSH. From the narrative standpoint, especially given the parallel popularity and even airtime of The Walking Dead (i love that twd ends their season right before GoT starts), it would be a poor choice to have a zombified corpse running around taking out insignificant soldiers and messengers. There wasnt much going on in the Riverlands poat Red Wedding, and even in the books she isnt given much attention. Shes like Boba Fett, crazy fan hype without any real on screen/in book action. 

But we are going back to the Riverlands through the shows narrative. Brienne and Jaime are also going back to the Riverlands. TBwoB are clearly still around giving the Freys a hard time. For the first time since the Red Wedding there isn't a war being waged in Westeros by someone who wants to be king, which is important bc of the shows focus on political complexity 

5 minutes ago, White lilly said:

The actor let it slip he'll be playing Septor Maribald and that Sandor is the one he nurses back to life.

He didn't specifically say that it was Sandor. 

Just that it was a character. 

1 hour ago, TinfoilToolate said:

Contrary to many posts, i think this is the ideal time to bring in LSH. From the narrative standpoint, especially given the parallel popularity and even airtime of The Walking Dead (i love that twd ends their season right before GoT starts), it would be a poor choice to have a zombified corpse running around taking out insignificant soldiers and messengers.

Michelle Fairley said that the Stoneheart incarnation is not a zombie. People have been watching too much trash.

14 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Michelle Fairley said that the Stoneheart incarnation is not a zombie. People have been watching too much trash.

Clearly she isn't a zombie, but was very decayed before reanimation. But this only helps prove my point.  I didn't clarify in my post, but a lot of people would confuse her for a zombie. Plus she would have been shown what, 2 times in 3 seasons? Like the Iron Islands, maybe they avoided the narrative in the Riverlands until they had time to dedicate the story to screen time.

51 minutes ago, TinfoilToolate said:

Clearly she isn't a zombie, but was very decayed before reanimation. But this only helps prove my point.  I didn't clarify in my post, but a lot of people would confuse her for a zombie. Plus she would have been shown what, 2 times in 3 seasons? Like the Iron Islands, maybe they avoided the narrative in the Riverlands until they had time to dedicate the story to screen time.

You’re right.  I’m sure the showrunners have their reasons.  I only hope that someday these make some sense to the rest of us. And they might.

8 hours ago, mjc5156 said:

I missed this post before I made my post initially. 

That's pretty damning. 

On first listen though, I was suspicious of the way he caught himself when he was talking about the character's gender - not wanting to commit to it being either a he or a she. That almost made me think it could have been Stoneheart. 

But yeah, that's interesting. 

Thanks for sharing

Archived