Lady Stoneheart (Spoiler)

42 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

If LSH was going to be incorporated into the show, we would have had some foreshadowing in Ep 6 during the Frey's seen. It didn't happen, and she won't happen, so let it rest already.

There was plenty of foreshadowing throughout the episode, and in multiple scenes. This has been duly demonstrated in other postings.

That doesn't of course mean that Catelyn’s return “has” to happen, but it certainly might. The telegraphing was hardly subtle.

I strongly recommend not being religiously attached to any particular outcome instead of making bold announcements full of certainty about things you do not know for certain, things that can be neither proved nor disproved and which in the fullness of time shall be revealed one way or the other.

On May 30, 2016 at 0:29 PM, Sand Snakes said:

I just have this feeling that either Jamie or Brienne are gonna die in the riverlands, thats why George said that. 

Or Jamie will come across LS hanging everyone she does in the book. He saves Brienne and Pod, killing LS in the process.... one scene. 

The tears of the internet drown the universe......

Far too many hints that she'll be back....and no way D&D could ignore the backlash every time she wasn't when fans expected her to appear in previous seasons. After seeing that, they'd be crazy not to include her...even if for only a single episode/season. Supposedly she has a purpose in the story and even if they whizz by it all in one episode, do you think they could resist adding her...even if only for shock value?

7 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I don't understand, what is the purpose of adding a character like LSH for one episode and then make her disappear, I never understood this hype about a zombie, will she add something meaningful to the show?

Lady Catelyn is not a zombie. Never was, never will be.

15 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

There was plenty of foreshadowing throughout the episode, and in multiple scenes. This has been duly demonstrated in other postings.

That doesn't of course mean that Catelyn’s return “has” to happen, but it certainly might. The telegraphing was hardly subtle.

I strongly recommend not being religiously attached to any particular outcome instead of making bold announcements full of certainty about things you do not know for certain, things that can be neither proved nor disproved and which in the fullness of time shall be revealed one way or the other.

Nope nope nope........

By your logic James Kirk and the starship enterprise could make an appearance in any episode......maybe I should start a thread on it and keep repeating it until the series is over?

The character serves no purpose to the show story line, and we have already got out "LSH" resurrection in Benjen. I think another one in the very next episode would be a bit much, don't you? People be like "WTF?" But hey, why not, while where at, it lets bring back Ned Stark and go all Sleepy Hollow on the Riverlands while were at it.

14 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Or Jamie will come across LS hanging everyone she does in the book. He saves Brienne and Pod, killing LS in the process.... one scene. 

The tears of the internet drown the universe......

If Jaime fucking LANNISTER one shots LSH, I'll burn HBO's headquarters. I swear it by the old gods and the new. 

17 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

If LSH was going to be incorporated into the show, we would have had some foreshadowing in Ep 6 during the Frey's seen. It didn't happen, and she won't happen, so let it rest already.

The Frey scene is exactly why people have revived their hopes of LSH. 

I don't think it'll happen, but the fact that Walder Frey was back, referred to Catelyn specifically, and then mentioned the Brotherhood Without Banners? 

Combine all that with the fact that Jaime, Brienne, and the Riverlands are reverting backwards to their book 4 story, makes it seem as though it's a hell of a lot more plausible that we will see LSH now than it was before. 

With that being said though, I still don't think it'll happen.

18 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

We actually had it, with Bran's vision, and the reminder she was dead by one of the Freys (don't remember the name)

17 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I don't understand, what is the purpose of adding a character like LSH for one episode and then make her disappear, I never understood this hype about a zombie, will she add something meaningful to the show?

That is what dear George did in the books.
The hype is because she is a Stark, and all Starks are seen as protagonists.
And we had many "one episode" characters in the show so far...

I'm thinking that the way the story is moving just now and considering that Sky Atlantic have to squeeze everything into just ten hours and the fact that more or less after the Red Wedding we've heard very little if anything of Blackfish, the Riverlands, Walder Frey and the Brotherhood without Banners - it is in fact now the perfect time for Lady Stonehouse to appear in the tv version! There's been so many other storylines going on at once for just a tv adaptation that sometimes each episodes just sees a small development in the majority of the little sub plots, so to have introduced her at the time that she was introduced in the books and detailing how the BWB pulled her out of the river and brought her back to life would've just lost their impact with everything else going on. But now with Jamie & Brienne arriving separately followed by Jon & Sansa hopefully (unless they're just working on the ancestral families of the North to bring in support against Ramsay) and the pace steadily building up to bring all these great characters together in one place and in such a strategically well situated area like the Riverlands and then on top of all that - throwing the vile Frey back in the picture too, I can't think why they wouldn't bring her into the story now! The Lady Stonehouse & BWB storyline can add such a brilliant much darker twist. Fingers crossed anyway!!!

On 5/30/2016 at 3:03 AM, Mourneblade said:
  Hide contents

I know this has been hashed to death, but now things have changed. Brianne is going to the Riverlands, Jamie is going to the Riverlands. The Blackfish Holds Riverrun. The BWoB was Mentioned as well. I believe we are finally going to get our wish.

Lady Stoneheart IMHO will be coming back, the Stage has been set, and I believe it will be this season.

I agree to, Also in the episode 7 teaser we see a scared looking frey turning around and looking at someone. Could be her

5 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

We actually had it, with Bran's vision, and the reminder she was dead by one of the Freys (don't remember the name)

Exactly. Bran's vision showed Cat getting her throat cut...  And Walder did just explicitly bring up the red wedding and the exact details.  My only worry is there has been no mention of "hangings".  But that would have been an obvious tipoff to book readers. 

On 01/06/2016 at 5:36 AM, Ice Spider said:

They did mention BWB. They couldn't go any further without ruining the surprise for book readers and anyone who's spoilt themselves on who LSH is.

And to the "It's too late" argument, what would she have done in the last two seasons if they had introduced her then? LSH is endgame plot, now we are coming up to endgame this is the perfect time to introduce her.

I still think it's more likely that she won't appear but I do think it's possible that she will.

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Exactly. Bran's vision showed Cat getting her throat cut...  And Walder did just explicitly bring up the red wedding and the exact details.  My only worry is there has been no mention of "hangings".  But that would have been an obvious tipoff to book readers. 

Yes!!

No, but is it unusual that this season has had (IIRC) the first hanging execution of all the series in Castle Black?

Archived