Lady Stoneheart (Spoiler)

Still say it won't happen. Arguing over the "possibility" is pointless. Half of LSH's activities have been rendered null and void by the show itself. All that is really left is revenge on the Frey's, and possibly the Lannisters. That can much more easily be done by current characters already introduced. Personally I think Nymeria and her pack would be a much better introduction and revenge machine than LSH.

I feel like every year I convince myself LSH is happening, only to be disappointed.  Last year I sort of swore it off for good after the epic troll job of D & D naming the finale mother's mercy.  But I can't help but feel that it's possible, if not likely this year we get LSH.

All the signs can't be ignored.  I thought it was beyond odd to cut a character who (1) would provide one of the biggest shock moments possible for a show that thrives on them and (2) plays a MAJOR impact (from what we know so far) on 2 MAJOR character arcs in Brienne and Jaime.

With all this return to the Riverlands, plus the Brotherhood being mentioned, plus Jon being revived by a red priest, plus the Frey's returning, plus Jaime/Brienne both catching up with where they are in the books, it is certainly very much a possibility we get LSH.  I'd also point out that Catelyn has been relatively featured in two "Previously on" segments, in ways that could be explained with reference to other characters reappearing but also seem to unnecessarily feature Catelyn as well.

On 6/1/2016 at 8:39 PM, White lilly said:

But it wouldn't make sense in the show. On the books, LSH believes Brienne betrayed her because she's wearing a Lannister armour, plus she has never met neither of the Stark girls. But on the show, though, she met both of them and technically, Sansa is safe with Jon so there's no reason for them to be hanged by LSH.

But did she really keep the oath.  She messed up saving Arya and ended up dueling the Hound and idk if Sansa is really safe.  Sansa decided not to follow brienne after meeting her in the tavern with LF. So she failed at convincing Sansa to follow her instead of LF (ill cut her a break here because she just isn't a convincing person).  Then she failed at saving Sansa when she put the candle in the tower because she was consumed with killing Stannis.  Then after Sansa took her into service, it was literally after everything imaginable happened to Sansa (besides dying). Even now, Brienne is going around lecturing people on changing sides and their failure to adhere to their oaths (red woman and davos) when she failed her oath to Katniss of saving Sansa and Arya and took Lannister gold in attempting to save them. 

3 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

Still say it won't happen. Arguing over the "possibility" is pointless. Half of LSH's activities have been rendered null and void by the show itself. All that is really left is revenge on the Frey's, and possibly the Lannisters. That can much more easily be done by current characters already introduced. Personally I think Nymeria and her pack would be a much better introduction and revenge machine than LSH.

I don't think Nymeria will appear because that means CGI and we would need to remember her in the previous episodes.

27 minutes ago, White lilly said:

I think that she kept her oath as much as she could. Sansa is as safe as she could be right now, and is alive. On the books, they're not sure her whereabouts.

but to a vengeful LSH, is "as much as you could," going to be good enough to her.  because yes we know Brienne arguably "saved" Sansa but LSH doesn't know that.  Brienne's only support is Pod (a Lannister) and if Jamie is there because Brienne brought him (he's a Lannister and he can only attest to sending Brienne on the quest in the first place). So, I doubt LSH believes Brienne in any case.

The more time I've had to think about this the more I think it will be Arya using Catelyn's face to kill Walder Frey. It would avoid the show having to explain LSH and we would still get to see the reaction of having Catelyn "returning".

If they decide to actually go through with LSH I'll be pleasantly surprised.

1 hour ago, Drayzen said:

The more time I've had to think about this the more I think it will be Arya using Catelyn's face to kill Walder Frey. It would avoid the show having to explain LSH and we would still get to see the reaction of having Catelyn "returning".

If they decide to actually go through with LSH I'll be pleasantly surprised.

So, explain to us how Arya is going to get Catelyn's face? Last we knew she was dumped in the river years ago after being killed. So how would Arya find her, know how to do what Jaqen does to remove the face and maintain it? Also, she has been decomposing for a couple years now in water, likely eaten by fish. This just doesn't work on any level.

On 30 May 2016 at 6:49 AM, Darren Allen said:

Everything is in place for it now, but bringing back supernaturally resurrected Catelyn the episode after bringing back supernaturally resurrected Benjen would be a bit much. It would also take away a lot of the magic of the season's biggest plot twist so far, the supernatural resurrection of Jon Snow.

a trio of Starks - what's wrong with that? 

Archived