Knights of the Vale

18 hours ago, King Onion Knight said:

They won't fight for her meaning they aren't going to be fighting to put her in charge of Winterfell especially since she is a Bolton.

She has never once said that she wants to be put in charge of WF or the North. Freeing Rickon and taking back WF for her family, is her goal. Sansa is a Bolton by marriage but a Stark by blood.

The Knights are currently at Moat Cailin, if LF is to be believed (no reason why he shouldn't be - his other information was spot on).

LF's motivations are simple and two-fold: He wants Sansa, and he wants power (Winterfell). 

My guess is he keeps the Knights in a holding pattern until the Boltons and the Northmen (Team Jon and Sansa) smash each other to bits, and then he rides in "heroically" to win the battle. 

At least, that's what I expect him to do. 

Which probably means he's going to do something completely unexpected and off the book

8 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

My guess is he keeps the Knights in a holding pattern until the Boltons and the Northmen (Team Jon and Sansa) smash each other to bits, and then he rides in "heroically" to win the battle. 

This is what that poster from reddit said, so far everything he/she said came true.

On 5/31/2016 at 4:03 PM, Cragen said:

Sansa is blind spot for Littlefinger. Look closely into his motivation and you will see why. He let Sansa know to much, it was his only mistake so far and in the end it will be costly.

It may come down to one having to kill or have the other killed before the same happens to them.

2 hours ago, CockroachCaptain said:

If true about Jon, Rickon, and Ramsay's fates.... just ugh.

Rickon was clear the minute they introduced him back to the story and with Shaggy being killed. Ramsay on the other hand can't see plausible reason for this ending.

On May 30, 2016 at 9:39 PM, House Do'urdan said:

So we are seeing the lanisters going to deal with the blackfish. John and Sansa will be rallying the northern house...please Howland reed show up.

that means

the Freys will have an army

the Lannisters will have an army With Jamie and Bronn

the brotherhood without baners will be lurking

the blackfish has a force..not sure how big

and breianne with Pod will be around.

where will the Knights of the Vale figure into this converging siege/ battle in the river lands.

House Glover is of Deepwood Motte correct?  We know that Littlefinger said the Knights of the Vale are encamped at Deepwood Motte.  We also see the armored fist on scarlet banners in the preview of next week's episode and we see Davos on Bear Island.  I'm wondering how this rag tag get along gang splits up.  Davos obviously goes to Bear Island, where does Melisandre go?  Does Jon stay with Davos and Mel and Sansa?  Who goes to Deepwood Motte?  

2 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

House Glover is of Deepwood Motte correct?  We know that Littlefinger said the Knights of the Vale are encamped at Deepwood Motte.  We also see the armored fist on scarlet banners in the preview of next week's episode and we see Davos on Bear Island.  I'm wondering how this rag tag get along gang splits up.  Davos obviously goes to Bear Island, where does Melisandre go?  Does Jon stay with Davos and Mel and Sansa?  Who goes to Deepwood Motte?  

Davos is with Sansa and Jon, the stills HBO released show them all together at a castle asking for help. I had thought he was heading to White Harbor

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Davos is with Sansa and Jon, the stills HBO released show them all together at a castle asking for help. I had thought he was heading to White Harbor

Well the guy in those still shots is Robett Glover, we know this because of the banners and HBO pretty much named that guy as Glover.  Then we see Davos in the trailer with a Bear sigil on the walls, Mormount.  Assuming they all travel together to every spot, maybe they do see the Manderlays I just haven't seen any evidence of them.  No merman.  

9 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Moat Caillin which is in the Neck and guards the only road North. Deepwood Motte is far to the East in the woods and of no real significance. LF can block the Tully army from getting north by unless Howland Reed guides them through the bogs (Robb's initial plan to retake Winterfell while the Ironborn held Moat Caillin). If we see Howland Reed at all this season it will probably be for this. I don't think that LF is truly on Sansa's side but I do suspect that the Tully army makes it to the North in time for Ep9.

A shame that apparently the Manderlys won't have a significant role

But as to Littlefinger, I think he sees no point in further supporting the Lannisters, his main alliance is with the Tyrells. So, yeah, screw Cersei, she's basically powerless at this point.

I do believe he will want to rule the North by marrying Sansa, but she obsvioulsy won't accept it and instead support Jon or Bran if he manages to get back

On 6/2/2016 at 7:08 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

Rickon was clear the minute they introduced him back to the story and with Shaggy being killed. Ramsay on the other hand can't see plausible reason for this ending.

The pessimist in me never let me have any hope for him, but the method is just so lame, especially compared to what he's doing in the books.

On June 1, 2016 at 6:28 PM, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Sansa is a Bolton by marriage but a Stark by blood.

Not really.  For Sansa to be a Bolton she’d have to have legally married one.  And she never did.

1. It was not a legal marriage because Sansa was already married to Tyrion, and bigamy is illegal in the Seven Kingdoms.
  2. It was not a legal marriage to a Bolton because Ramsey is only a Snow so it doesn’t count. No one in the North is ever going to take seriously the decrees of the Lannister cuckoo’s child sitting way down in King’s Landing: the North knows no king but the King of the North and his name is Stark.  Even if it were the usurper’s child instead of the cuckoo’s, it will wouldn’t count.
  3. It was not a legal marriage because Sansa could not have been legally given away by Theon Kinslayer; that right belongs to her uncle Benjen as senior Stark, devolving after him to her brothers.  Just because they didn’t know those others were still alive doesn’t make it legal: remember the invalidated kingsmoot.  Same deal.

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Not really.  For Sansa to be a Bolton she’d have to have legally married one.  And she never did.

1. It was not a legal marriage because Sansa was already married to Tyrion, and bigamy is illegal in the Seven Kingdoms.
  2. It was not a legal marriage to a Bolton because Ramsey is only a Snow so it doesn’t count. No one in the North is ever going to take seriously the decrees of the Lannister cuckoo’s child sitting way down in King’s Landing: the North knows no king but the King of the North and his name is Stark.  Even if it were the usurper’s child instead of the cuckoo’s, it will wouldn’t count.
  3. It was not a legal marriage because Sansa could not have been legally given away by Theon Kinslayer; that right belongs to her uncle Benjen as senior Stark, devolving after him to her brothers.  Just because they didn’t know those others were still alive doesn’t make it legal: remember the invalidated kingsmoot.  Same deal.

I was making the point that people in the North aren't going to see Sansa as a Bolton but as a Stark. Guess you missed that in the convo.

Archived