Last stand at Kings landing

I'm imagining a scene in my head that I desperately want to happen.

When, or if, the wall is destroyed and the army of the dead and the Others march down through the Seven Kingdoms, they will need to probably still besiege the castles. When they get all the way down to kings landing, the people there will be well equipped.

First, they will have the large supply of wildfire to burn away any dead attacking the city, but what about the Others?

Well, my theory is that Dragon bone is the missing component needed to make Valyrian steel, and where is there an abundance of Dragon bone? The Red Keep.

They use the skulls of the Targaryen Dragons to forge new Valyrian swords, they will probably need regular iron to help too, so they melt down the Iron Throne itself. And who could smith such weapons?

Well why not a son of Kings landing itself, taught to forge on the street of steel and even has a bit of kings blood to boot. Gendry will fulfill his fathers with to destroy the Targaryen Dragon skulls and forge the weapons that save the day, but no ordinary hammer can shape such weapons. Gendry will have to use his fathers war hammer to smash the steel until it is sharp. 

So, some hero will be fighting with a sword made out of Balerion the black dread and the iron throne itself against the others. Awesome.

Unlikely because of many factors.

If indeed the wall falls, there are still over a thousand leagues of travel to King's Landing. And many other more defensible places in between, the neck being the most obvious one, and then the trident (either Ruby Ford, Riverrun or the Twins) are places where a last stand would be more likely... And let's not forget Winterfell which second to the wall it's likely the place with more magic in the North, and it would make much more sense that it's the place where winter fell to host a last battle.

Never has been even established or even hinted that dragon bone or even dragon fire is effective against white walkers, so far only Valyrian Steel which is woven with magic and Obsidian are known to do the job; Obsidian is already being brought from Dragonstone and it's likely the children would give a last gift of dragonglass to the watch.

It sounds very romantic, but at this point pitting even more swords into the mix is kinda dull; we already have Blackfyre, Widow's Wail, Oathkeeper, Longclaw, Heart's Bane and likely Dark Sister in the mix; so there's no need for more, given there are only so many pov warriors.

A last stand of the Lannisters against Daenerys or Aegon, helped by Tyrion would be more fitting and particularly more entertaining... Also if the WW would manage to get so far south, then what's the point on winning? Most of the realm would be a snowy ruin then.

2 hours ago, Stannis Iron Baratheon said:

I'm imagining a scene in my head that I desperately want to happen.

When, or if, the wall is destroyed and the army of the dead and the Others march down through the Seven Kingdoms, they will need to probably still besiege the castles. When they get all the way down to kings landing, the people there will be well equipped.

First, they will have the large supply of wildfire to burn away any dead attacking the city, but what about the Others?

Well, my theory is that Dragon bone is the missing component needed to make Valyrian steel, and where is there an abundance of Dragon bone? The Red Keep.

They use the skulls of the Targaryen Dragons to forge new Valyrian swords, they will probably need regular iron to help too, so they melt down the Iron Throne itself. And who could smith such weapons?

Well why not a son of Kings landing itself, taught to forge on the street of steel and even has a bit of kings blood to boot. Gendry will fulfill his fathers with to destroy the Targaryen Dragon skulls and forge the weapons that save the day, but no ordinary hammer can shape such weapons. Gendry will have to use his fathers war hammer to smash the steel until it is sharp. 

So, some hero will be fighting with a sword made out of Balerion the black dread and the iron throne itself against the others. Awesome.

The secret to making the steel is gone forever. If bone was the secret, all the dragon bone bows in essos would be used to make more swords. 

Archived