Margaery is playing everyone, right?

I thought it was pretty obvious when Margaery was talking to Loras that she was dead set on beating the High Sparrow. Then in this episode we see her converting Tommen which leads to an alliance between the crown and the faith. She was obviously surprised when Jaime and the Tyrell army showed up. But she is messing with them, right? There's no way she has converted to their way and she is doing what she can to save Loras and "make it stop". The banishment of Jaime might be an added bonus of asserting her power and making sure she has complete control over Tommen.

It was such an unexpected and quick turn, I'm not sure what to make of it at this point. 

Right, you have to pay attention to her facial expression to see she knows what she is doing. Her primary goal is to get her and her brother out of Sept, alter that she can start scheeming. She can manipulate Tommen to go against Faith just as she could make him embrace it. She knew HS was listening to their conversation and she knew she has to be convincing.

See the look she gives the High Sparrow at the end when Jamie and the High Sparrow are having a weird face off - she's totally playing all of them, I really believe that. I think she's played a blinder. 

7 minutes ago, JagLover said:

I always thought that the title of the next episode meant we were getting the "broken men" speech, but could be wrong. 

Of course we will, but often titles refer to multiple events.

This can refer to speech, Bran, Loras and Theon.

This lady is one hell of an actress. She had me going at first, but looked at a second time, you can see the layers. She's is acting, but Tommen isn't and now he could be a danger to her and her plan. This is the first time I have been fond of Margaery. I can't wait until the high sparrow goes down.

The thing that really confuses me is Margaery's walk of atonement. We don't know if she confessed and HS doesn't mention it in his little speech, he just says that she lied. Cersei had to confess to be able to do the walk. While Margaery refuses repeatedly to confess. And Cersei had her head shaved which Margaery doesn't. So either HS is too merciful to Margaery (because he knows thanks to Olyvar that she lied). Or can it be that in order to save herself and Loras that Margaery made a deal with HS that he would let her go and in return she would convert Tommen to the faith? And then she plans to turn on HS right away?

She want's to be 'The Queen' - she don't care if she is queen of the faith, or queen of the teenage boys cock, or queen of the common people - so long as she is 'The Queen'. She is like a chick version of Little Finger, kind of.

I have been thinking about it for a long time, but she's a much bigger player than expected. She is extremely cunning and good-hearted at the same time. I could see her become queen of Westeros (married to Jon) when it's all said and done. 

Marg went into religious rambling to get Tommen to do a certain thing and she succeeded. (unaware of the fact it collided with her family's plan)

This scene was well acted, she rang very similarly to when she was talking to Joffrey about killing. And both brothers bought her BS.

She's definitely playing, but Tommen's completely oblivious. Hell, he asked his mother last episode if she hated Margery like he had no idea up to that point. It will be a showdown between the Tyrells, Lannisters and the Faith and Tommen's going to get caught in the crossfire. And Cersei will go completely batshit insane.

2 hours ago, ummester said:

She want's to be 'The Queen' - she don't care if she is queen of the faith, or queen of the teenage boys cock, or queen of the common people - so long as she is 'The Queen'. She is like a chick version of Little Finger, kind of.

I think she cares about Loras more than she cares about being queen. I feel like she did this after she saw how bad off he was and is doing what she can to save him.

1 hour ago, Ser Gareth said:

Call me a pervert but I am gutted we didn't get an atonement walk from her!

Well, wanting tits is one, but getting aroused by a scene of a public degradation is a little cringe-worthy.

I must admit one thing - High Sparrow is the first villain since...long ago, who really causes my rage for reasons other than 'how badly written'. They really should hang onto him.

3 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Or can it be that in order to save herself and Loras that Margaery made a deal with HS that he would let her go and in return she would convert Tommen to the faith? And then she plans to turn on HS right away?

This is what I'm assuming happened. I knew something was up when she appeared without her hair cut.

Archived