How would Ned or Robert have dealt with the Reynes and Tarbecks

3 minutes ago, Boarsbane said:

Lucky for them their father's weren't weaklings then. So are you saying Ned and Robert would just sit there and let the Reynes and Tarbecks run roughshod over everyone. Ned's pretty soft but I don't know if Robert could pass up an opportunity for war.

Since Ned was ready to go to war against Aerys I don't think that he would be so soft as to let a Northern Reyne+Tarbeck duo run loose.

Lady Elyn Tarbeck Nee Reyne had two daughters cyrelle and rohanne tarbeck.

i would have given Kevan Lannister Cyrelle and Castamere

and

Tygette Lannister Rohanne and Tarbeck Hall

Yes, that would also have been a possibility.

34 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

Since Ned was ready to go to war against Aerys I don't think that he would be so soft as to let a Northern Reyne+Tarbeck duo run loose.

Yes, that would also have been a possibility.

i think that it was avoided since i think GRRM startet with ASOIAF anf just added the background so

similar the reyne-tarbeck you have the bolton-greystark in the north. House Stark extinguished greystark and bolton bent the knee as usual

1 hour ago, Boarsbane said:

Lucky for them their father's weren't weaklings then. So are you saying Ned and Robert would just sit there and let the Reynes and Tarbecks run roughshod over everyone. Ned's pretty soft but I don't know if Robert could pass up an opportunity for war.

Reyne and Tarbecks didn't run roughshod over everyone. Tywin (and Jeyne Marbrand somewhat earlier) did.

3 hours ago, Bright Blue Eyes said:

Reyne and Tarbecks didn't run roughshod over everyone. Tywin (and Jeyne Marbrand somewhat earlier) did.

They only killed his grandfather and hundreds of his men and stole land from their neighbors so often the crown actually felt compelled to intervene. But yes its just big bad Tywin slaughtering them for mommy.

If Reyne had recognized the game was up after the Tarbecks were destroyed and bended the knee, would Tywin still have killed of the entire Reyne line? Because he may still have decided to kill of the entire line even if they surrendered out of spite because of all they had done to the Lannisters in the past.

18 minutes ago, nicephorus_phocas said:

If Reyne had recognized the game was up after the Tarbecks were destroyed and bended the knee, would Tywin still have killed of the entire Reyne line? Because he may still have decided to kill of the entire line even if they surrendered out of spite because of all they had done to the Lannisters in the past.

That is a hypothetical impossible to answer as we don't have the thoughts of Tywin Lannister. I doubt it though as he gave the Tarbecks the chance to surrender even after Walderan attacked and was defeated. Roger and Reynard Reyne would have been punished,  possibly executed, maybe sent to the Wall or some of their lands stripped and hostages/wards sent to the Rock. But the other Reynes would have been spared and retained some of their lands.

Unlike the Tarbecks, whose wealth was mostly borrowed from the Lannisters, the Reynes were rich enough to pay ransoms and to satisfy their debts.

5 hours ago, Boarsbane said:

They only killed his grandfather and hundreds of his men and stole land from their neighbors so often the crown actually felt compelled to intervene. But yes its just big bad Tywin slaughtering them for mommy.

That evil Tywin! The only Northern comparison is when Ser Asshole Rodrick meddle with Ramsay's affairs in Hornwood lands. Why couldn't that prick just mind his own business and let Ramsay mind his? Oh, wait, Ramsay was a loose canon that needed to be put down for various crimes and infringements. Totally forgot about that.

Archived