DCEU: The Wings of Liberty Have Lost Some Feathers

JGP

The sword is a bit less special than what the Themyscira believed it to be. She probably used her godly powers to imbue a mundane sword she got made soon after WW1 with special sharpness and durability.

More youtube speculation showing up re supergirl. Speculation going back to MoS showing an open pod that isn't Kal's. I mean there is surely only one other person who could have arrived on Earth in a Kryptonian pod, right?

And speculation the green glint in Alfred's glasses suggesting a lantern might well turn up. but possibly not THE green lantern. Or it might just be a green light on a control panel.

10 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

And speculation the green glint in Alfred's glasses suggesting a lantern might well turn up. but possibly not THE green lantern. Or it might just be a green light on a control panel.

I don't get this speculation given Steppenwolfs line in the trailer.  There won't be any Green Lanterns.  Hence why the Green Lantern Corps movie comes afterwards to get Earth a Lantern.  It's not hard. At best there will some planes taking on something and a mention of Hal Jordan   One may not like the DC movies but they do actually have at least a bare bones logical plan behind them. MOS and BVS see giant metahuman threats that regular humans cannot handle.. Suicide Squad tries to make a regularish human team to handle such threats but fails... hence Batman wants to form Justice League.

• 2 weeks later...

"Elseworlds" Joker origin film in the works, produced by Scorsese

This is a pretty significant rumor. I'm not so sure giving the Joker an origin has ever ended well, though...probably not a good idea. Other than that, the interesting part of this news is that the film will be standalone, outside of the extended universe and with a different actor playing Joker. If DC is developing movies outside of their extended universe already, it makes you wonder...especially with Affleck's attachment to The Batman being so wishy-washy.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/ben-affleck-reportedly-out-as-the-batman-after-all-matt-reeves-film-will-be-set-outside-of-the-dceu-a153445

New batman movie probably won't be Affleck and won't relate to the DCEU movies either. Don't think its confirmed, they have deleted that sentence now. But it seems like there is a lot of chaotic thinking coming out of WB. I think this could work fine, I'm sure an audience is ok with 2 versions of batman running at once, we've had it in the animated format for years. Whether there is the appetite for it I don't know.

51 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/ben-affleck-reportedly-out-as-the-batman-after-all-matt-reeves-film-will-be-set-outside-of-the-dceu-a153445

New batman movie probably won't be Affleck and won't relate to the DCEU movies either. Don't think its confirmed, they have deleted that sentence now. But it seems like there is a lot of chaotic thinking coming out of WB. I think this could work fine, I'm sure an audience is ok with 2 versions of batman running at once, we've had it in the animated format for years. Whether there is the appetite for it I don't know.

Well this certainly isn't sounding like it could be a complete shitshow,

2 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Well this certainly isn't sounding like it could be a complete shitshow,

Yeah...

Honestly.  How do you screw this up?!!!?  Affleck was the only part of BvS that was considered good.  He clearly exists in a Batverse rich with history.  Run with that!!!

3 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I don't know about that. Either continue with Batfleck, to allow for a sense of continuity within the universe they are trying to develop, or give Batman a rest, and develop other superheroes. We've had plenty of Batman in recent years. I really don't want Batman to essentially get Sony's treatment of Spider-man.

34 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I don't know about that. Either continue with Batfleck, to allow for a sense of continuity within the universe they are trying to develop, or give Batman a rest, and develop other superheroes. We've had plenty of Batman in recent years. I really don't want Batman to essentially get Sony's treatment of Spider-man.

Speaking of... Homecoming just barely passed AS2 last week.  Making it the second lowest grossing Spidey film.

I think you are onto something with too many Batman movies and the fatigue that goes with it.

6 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

If Affleck drops out, who should replace?  I wonder if Clooney would be willing to bulk up and wipe away the stain of Batman and Robin?

No chance. IF they do recast, it'll be a smaller name. Affleck can afford to walk away, they'll be burned by that. Get in a smaller name who doesn't have that luxury.

3 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

No chance. IF they do recast, it'll be a smaller name. Affleck can afford to walk away, they'll be burned by that. Get in a smaller name who doesn't have that luxury.

Yeah they have essentially moved away from major stars to play the main characters. Gal Gadot is a relative unknown and I'm sure they look on her as a success.

I still think Affleck could have made the best batman ever with the right writing. I thought he did a great job despite everything in BvS

43 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Yeah they have essentially moved away from major stars to play the main characters.

This seems a bit of a stretch to say on the information and even the rumours we have so far. They've still got the Rock cued up to play Black Adam after all.

Didn't know exactly where to put this but this thread seems one of the best places.

Has anyone done this?

Very cool illusion. Just, they didn't say it but after the 30 seconds and you are staring at a white surface, blink rapidly for the best effect. The say stare at a white wall, I stared at the ceiling and thought it was even cooler, bat signal in the sky effect.

syfy.com has an interesting run down of all the DC planned and announced movies. Quite a lot of talk and not much actual movement.

Surprisingly little actually coming out next year... Just Aquaman in 2018. 

Gotham By Gaslight animated movie preview.

How in the ever living hell can DC get so much right with their animated movies and then fuck up the cinematic universe so badly?!!!?

Do they just need to get Kevin Conroy to do voiceover work for all the Batman appearances?  Make the actor just lip sync it?

• 1 month later...

Archived