DCEU: The Wings of Liberty Have Lost Some Feathers

JGP

16 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I don't believe they cast their batman and didn't have him nailed down for a solo film.

According to Midnight's Edge, Affleck is only contracted for BVS, Justice League 1, & 2.

My reaction to this news..."Bwah, ha, ha, ha, ha!"

I grew up a DC fan and love the characters, but clusterfuck the films of the Snyder area have been, I'm rooting for it all to crash and burn and a total reboot after things cool down.

I've become Randy Quaid's character in Major League II, with DCMU being the Indians.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dunno. I'm kind of unimpressed. There's virtually nothing to it, and what there is relies heavily on Zack Snyder's strength - people doing cool poses. It's too early to get any sense of the plot, but nothing in there makes me think this is going to be different to what the DC films have done so far.

1 hour ago, mormont said:

I dunno. I'm kind of unimpressed. There's virtually nothing to it, and what there is relies heavily on Zack Snyder's strength - people doing cool poses. It's too early to get any sense of the plot, but nothing in there makes me think this is going to be different to what the DC films have done so far.

Yeah, plus, where's the fucking sun? In Zack Snyder's world, it's never sunny.

The trailer also makes pretty obvious they have turned Aquaman into Namor.

2 hours ago, mormont said:

I agree. And I'm rooting for DC to do good but I just don't care about their characters. 

Superman is the only DC hero I care about and that's because of nostalgia not interest. I know he's in the movie but I hope he doesn't show up in like the last few minutes of the movie to save everyone. 

2 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Yeah, plus, where's the fucking sun? In Zack Snyder's world, it's never sunny.

I doubt there will be any "sun" until Superman comes back.  It's very obvious imagery. There was quite a lot of sun in MoS, not much in BvS.  Again, imagery.

I like that it didn't give much of the plot away, but it'd be nice to see more of the character interactions.

Have they got some kind of deal with the White Stripes going on?

4 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

I have no connection to Aquaman so I'm not massively hating that.

Just personally, I hate the stop start music thing.

Annoyed that the Flash's red streak is blue. Is that to make him different from show Flash? I wouldn't think they cared. Digging Jason Momoa as Aquaman, but I thought the Cyborg CGI looked bad (or unfinished). Knowing what has come before, I have low expectations for this film. I won't be fooled by these trailers again, no matter how awesome they are.

6 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Annoyed that the Flash's red streak is blue. Is that to make him different from show Flash? I wouldn't think they cared.

You'd have to think so. Tough spot for them if that was the motivation because for whatever flaws it may have (wouldn't know, haven't watched it) the show absolutely nailed the look on his powers. The result is something that looks quite cool but isn't really very Flash at all (and it's not just the colour, the whole effect is off).

The good news is that it appears DC are trying to find directors that fit the characters and not the other way around. Seems hard to imagine how they could fit a Whedon-style film into the DCEU but maybe by the time Batgirl is made it'll be stand-alone or rebooted.

It's very easy to imagine what a Whedon Batgirl film will be. Hopefully there's some surprises in there but I'd actually welcome a Buffy/Kitty Pryde crime-fighting film with wisecracks. As opposed to what I'd think a Batgirl film Snyder style would be - one that has Jared Leto pop up and shoot her in the gut, leaving her paralysed while he undresses her to send photo messages by whatsapp to Batman (because the technology is the only part of that storyline they feel needs to be updated).

Whedon's tv actor's have all grown up now or there'd be loads of easy candidates to pick for Batgirl. One cool aspect of the shared universe is that it will be a glorious thing to have JK Simmons delivering Whedon dialogue as Commisioner Gordon.

Archived