Kings landing burns

LordImp

I am pretty sure that KL will burn to the ground before the series end. But under which circumstances . 

1. Cersei will burn the city when either Aegon or Daenerys attacks. Jaime will try to stop it by killing Cersei but will fail and both Jaime and Cersei dies.

2. Same as above just that Cersei will escape before the burning.

3. There will be a big battle between the Others and the dragons in KL. Jaime will burn the city down and destroy both the others and the dragons.

I also think that KL is going to burn , but not in the way you see it .

1.Cersei actually may attemp to burn the city , but not in this circumstances . And she will not be killed by Jaime . Loras will be the valonqar .

2.No way .

3.Even if there is a big battle in KL , its hard to believe that Jaime will burn the city,It's not in his style.

I agree for Cersei burning KL.
That is when Jaime kills her: he is the valonqar.
She will burn KL in retaliation to Myrcella death. I guess in an attempt, with Qyburn, to resurrect her.
My guess, but I believe Jon will be resurrected by fire and Cersei will try to emulate him.

3 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I agree for Cersei burning KL.
That is when Jaime kills her: he is the valonqar.
She will burn KL in retaliation to Myrcella death. I guess in an attempt, with Qyburn, to resurrect her.
My guess, but I believe Jon will be resurrected by fire and Cersei will try to emulate him.

Cersei seems to give less than a shit about Jon, and given the state of affairs on both the north and the capital it may come to her never even finding out that the dude died and was then reborn.

Most likely she'll burn it just because she's an a-level bitch.

Well, king Aerys II's old wildfire is still lying around, hidden, and nobody knows where it all is. Only one stash of wildfire was ever found, underneath the Great Sept, but there's no indication that anybody suspect there's more of the stuff lying around. Jaime seems to have heard about some hiding places, but from his speech to Brienne it doesn't sound like he ever took inventory. Also, he killed all those who were involved. Wildfire is also stated to become more volatile as time passes, to the point where it may ignite without warning. Jaime might think wildfire is like milk or beer or something - leave it in peace for a while, and it spoil and lose all potency. He might have thought that the wildfire would be harmless by now, and thus decided never to tell anybody about it. And, more to the point, Jaime and Brienne are the only two people who even know the wildfire is there. It could very well be that a hot spring day will set of a stash of wildfire hidden in a forgotten loft, or that some shopkeeper will find a hidden room under the floor of his shop, with shelves full of "something... hold on, it's too dark to see... let me get a torch..."

Anyway, point being, King's Landing is a lot more flammable than anybody knows. I could see somebody trying to burn down parts of the city, or even just a single building. But then something goes kaboom, and before they know, half the city is burning, and then the other half goes kaboom too, and what started as a controlled fire will leave the entire city in ruins. Aerys II ordered enough wildfire to torch the entire city, and if his pyromancers did their job properly, what remains hidden should be enough to burn it all to the ground. That would presumably involve the Iron Throne, upon which destruction the split of Westeros will be complete. The only regions still obeying the Iron Throne only do so because they think they've got a chance to get one of theirs to sit on it. With the throne removed, so is the power structure holding the remains Westeros together. There will be Seven Kingdoms once again, as there was for thousands of years before the Targaryens came and forged the Throne. The Game of Thrones will be over. Nobody wins.

On 5/30/2016 at 1:18 PM, norwaywolf123 said:

Cersei will try but Loras will stop her

Loras=Kingslayer 2.0

Littlefinger calls loras for kingslayer material. Foreshadowing?

That's cool I didn't notice that.

The timing for Cersei to do it seems after her last child has died. At that point she will be all alone. All her children dead. Her mother and father killed by Tyrion, in a matter of speaking. Jaime won't answer her plea's for help. Even her Uncle Kevan is dead now. Lancel is with the FM.

I don't know how exactly Tyrion would kill her but maybe he is outside KL with Dany and her army and she uses that as her trigger to end it.

Archived