Bronn's back!

damano

11 hours ago, Old Rusty Coin said:

Bronn can't die. He's the perfect Last Man Standing.  Looks around, shrugs his shoulders, sits down on the Iron Throne. The End.

Maybe in the books. I believe the show must take as much different paths with the books in order for them to be as surprising as ithey can get. Eg I believe that in the books Roose will kill Ramsey.

Bronn is the perfect canditate. The show needs to shrink the number of characters, he is not importand plotwise and people will be shocked/sad to see him die.

On 6/1/2016 at 1:00 AM, tmug said:

I think it may be Bronn that informs Jaime of Cercei + Lancel & the Moonboys. If not Bronn, then Lancel or the HS will tell Jaime straight up just as he is leaving KL. That would pave the way for redemption Jaime we all know and love.

Doesnt he already know?

Wasnt that why she had her walk of shame?  

If it is still a secret, then what was the walk / trial for again?

7 hours ago, Xarkar said:

Doesnt he already know?

Wasnt that why she had her walk of shame?  

If it is still a secret, then what was the walk / trial for again?

As of right now in the show, Jaime does not know about Lancel + Cersei. I believe the public knows about Cersei + Jaime, that was the result of the atonement. 

I noticed that last episode at the scene in front o the sept, the camera gave us a quick glimpse of Sparrow Lancel up in front right in front of Jaime. Either alluding to us viewers that either he's a Lannister or the fact that Lancel alone has some more damaging info about Cersei that has yet to be revealed. I think we already presume that the HS knows everything Lancel does in regards to his/her incest, King Roberts assassination plot and the wild fire.

It has become clearer to me that what the HS told Tommen was about Cersei, the HS knew Tommen would tell Cersei, and now Cersei devised this plot at the sept to get rid of both Jaime and at the same time ruining the Tyrells (pretty genius actually). Jaime leaves for the Riverlands and then all the rest of the Lancel info gets made public in Kings Landing. Then we will see the scene where Cersei "chooses violence" and unleashes the Mountain and/or the wild fire. I think when Tommen told Cersei about what the HS told him, she knew Tommen would be lost so she probably already considers him dead because of the Valanquar prophecy. She just needed to get Jaime out of Kings Landing and get back at the Tyrells, as a result Cersei "saved" Jaime and doesn't have to face him when the public hears about Cersei + Lancel.

Jaime will hear about this news and flip sides and turn into redemption Jaime when Brienne shows up.

2 hours ago, tmug said:

As of right now in the show, Jaime does not know about Lancel + Cersei. I believe the Jaime and the public knows about Cersei + Jaime, that was the result of the atonement. 

I noticed that last episode at the scene in front o the sept, the camera gave us a quick glimpse of Sparrow Lancel up in front right in front of Jaime. Either alluding to us viewers that either he's a Lannister or the fact that Lancel alone has some more damaging info about Cersei that has yet to be revealed. I think we already presume that the HS knows everything Lancel does in regards to his/her incest, King Roberts assassination plot and the wild fire.

It has become clearer to me that what the HS told Tommen was about Cersei, the HS knew Tommen would tell Cersei, and now Cersei devised this plot at the sept to get rid of both Jaime and at the same time ruining the Tyrells (pretty genius actually). Jaime leaves for the Riverlands and then all the rest of the Lancel info gets made public in Kings Landing. Then we will see the scene where Cersei "chooses violence" and unleashes the Mountain and/or the wild fire. I think when Tommen told Cersei about what the HS told him, she knew Tommen would be lost so she probably already considers him dead because of the Valanquar prophecy. She just needed to get Jaime out of Kings Landing and get back at the Tyrells, as a result Cersei "saved" Jaime and doesn't have to face him when the public hears about Cersei + Lancel.

Jaime will hear about this news and flip sides and turn into redemption Jaime when Brienne shows up.

I am pretty sure the walk was for Lancel.

Lancel confessed his sins, which was sleeping with cersei, and thats why Cersei was punished.  As of right now there is no proof of Jamie + Cersei.

3 hours ago, tmug said:

As of right now in the show, Jaime does not know about Lancel + Cersei. I believe the Jaime and the public knows about Cersei + Jaime, that was the result of the atonement. 

Nope.

Cersei confessed to the HS that she slept with Lancel. When he questioned her about Jamie, she swore it was a lie made up by Stannis to negate Tommen's claim to the crown.

The walk of attonement was to atone to the sin of sleeping with Lancel. The charges of sleeping with Jamie are why she will still have to go to trial.

1 hour ago, The Bastard Dayne said:

Nope.

Cersei confessed to the HS that she slept with Lancel. When he questioned her about Jamie, she swore it was a lie made up by Stannis to negate Tommen's claim to the crown.

The walk of attonement was to atone to the sin of sleeping with Lancel. The charges of sleeping with Jamie are why she will still have to go to trial.

I have a hard time believing that Jaime knows about Lancel + Cersei and him being okay with it. What does Jaime think that Cersei was atoning for exactly? 

Stannis sent out the news about Jaime + Cersei = Joff, Tom & Myrc to all four corners of Westeros, it's pretty common knowledge by now whether it is true or not doesn't matter to the people. Damage was done. That is why I thought that that one guy was taunting her during the atonement, not because she slept with Lancel but because she had 3 kids with Jaime. I don't think the people give a rats ass about Lancel but they all know the Kingslayer.

Cersei's walk of atonement was absolutely about Lancel. Lancel confessed to the HS when joining the Sparrows and Cersei confirmed it. Whether the specifics are known by Jaime & the general public I dont know. Her Walk may have been announced for something general like adultery.

If Cersei had come clean about her & Jaime, Tommen would no longer be considered a Baratheon and his claim to the throne wouldn't exist. We certainly would've seen a conversation or two concerning this if it were the case.

On 1 June 2016 at 6:18 PM, Northbound3.0 said:

Yeah. The completely useless travels, of Bronn. A pointless character, given far more time, than actual important ones. Why, you ask? Because he is "cool," "edgy," and talks about putting his nose, up some random tavern wench's ass. More artistic brilliance, from DD and Cogman.

Sadly it was GRRM himself that set TV Bronn down this path.  Easily in the top five most cringeworthy scenes in the show was the Bronn/Hound dick measuring contest in the Brothel.  And that entire scene was written by GRRM.  It set the scene for Bronn to go from minor to more important character in the viewers eyes.

11 hours ago, tmug said:

I have a hard time believing that Jaime knows about Lancel + Cersei and him being okay with it. What does Jaime think that Cersei was atoning for exactly? 

Stannis sent out the news about Jaime + Cersei = Joff, Tom & Myrc to all four corners of Westeros, it's pretty common knowledge by now whether it is true or not doesn't matter to the people. Damage was done. That is why I thought that that one guy was taunting her during the atonement, not because she slept with Lancel but because she had 3 kids with Jaime. I don't think the people give a rats ass about Lancel but they all know the Kingslayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ufP2IEKayM

I'm not sure what Jamie knows. She confessed to sleeping with Lancel. Whether or not the HS decided to share this news is another matter.

All I am saying is that the walk of atonement absolutely was not about her sleeping with Jamie ( or anyone else for that matter; She denied any other lovers ). There will be a formal trial for that. And Jamie absolutely does know about the upcoming trial ( because she discussed asking for a trial by combat and naming the Mountain as her champion with him ), and he absolutely knows that she already had the walk of atonement ( because he discussed it with Tommen ). So, if he knows she hasn't yet answered the charges of twincest with him, he knows she had to confess to something.

What he knows about what that something is, we are left to wonder.

Jamie pretty much offered Bronn the 'hand of the Lord of Casterly Rock' position. Bronn reacted be angrily, thinking Jamie was moving the goal posts about the previous deal about a lordship and high born wife. Although Bronn is an action junky, and I dont think could never settle for the simple life. He is clearly embedded in Jamie's, and by extension, Cersei' inner circle. This is far more power than he ever had under Tyrion. 

I think he and Jamie's destiny are intertwined, unless Jamie betrays him somehow. As I dont think Bronn will betray Jamie, given he is a sell sword at heart and the Lannisters can pay more than anyone. Jamie killed his own cousin for his own gain. So I get the feeling once Bronn's usefulness exasperates, Jamie or Cersei might have him killed. Bronn's weakness is he doesn't know his place. He talks to lords and Kings like they are commoners. His tongue might get him in trouble.

1 hour ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Bronn's so cheesy when he's paired off with Jaime. It doesn't help that he's still got a faint aroma of bad pussy coming off him...

Bronn and Jamie are great together.  This is a union that just doesn't seam to get old.  

1 hour ago, HellasLEAF said:

Bronn and Jamie are great together.  This is a union that just doesn't seam to get old.  

I much prefer him with Tyrion, but to each their own. Hey, at least is not Jaime and Cersei anymore. Now that was getting old. 

Archived