Bronn's back!

damano

3 hours ago, Drayzen said:

Jaime did mention him last episode, hinting that he's back in Kings Landing. I'm going to assume he recruits him to travel along.

Probably with a large bag of gold. I wonder if Bronn got his better castle and better wife?

Jaime did mention him in the last episode, I will give Bronn the largest bag of gold ever to have him kill the high sparrow, or something close to that.. During the conversation Cersei tells Jaime to take the Lannister army to retake Riverrun, most assumptions are Bronn goes with Jaime.

If he's the one that is playfully choking Pod, then it all but confirms those leaks are 100% true. That's such a specific detail to recall. 

24 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I wish Jaime had gonne to RIverland right after Myrcella's funeral instead of being Cersei dog in Kingslanding half the season. I hope he forgets about Cersei by the end of the season like in the books.

Book Jaime at this point was well on his way to a redemptive arc, with Cersei completely out of mind. Show Jaime has been nowhere close to that, unfortunately. Let's hope that now that he's away from King's Landing, we can see a proper Jaime arc develop. 

I've long held the belief that Jaime is going to be the one that kills Cersei. 

16 hours ago, Queen of Summer Hall said:

I guess he just teleport to the Riverlands on his way to King's Landing .. Wasn't he suppose to be on the boat with Jaime at the end of Season 5....?

Jamie is also in KL, so I dont get what you mean?

they were both on the boat when Jamie returned.  Presumably Bronn stayed in KL, or was given some castle.  Jamie knew Bronn was close as he thought he was available to murder the HS.  I assume he is still in KL, and will go with Jamie.

Maybe Jamie promises him Riverrun if he comes? Hell IDK.

4 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

If he's the one that is playfully choking Pod, then it all but confirms those leaks are 100% true. That's such a specific detail to recall. 

Book Jaime at this point was well on his way to a redemptive arc, with Cersei completely out of mind. Show Jaime has been nowhere close to that, unfortunately. Let's hope that now that he's away from King's Landing, we can see a proper Jaime arc develop. 

I've long held the belief that Jaime is going to be the one that kills Cersei. 

I think it may be Bronn that informs Jaime of Cercei + Lancel & the Moonboys. If not Bronn, then Lancel or the HS will tell Jaime straight up just as he is leaving KL. That would pave the way for redemption Jaime we all know and love.

10 hours ago, tmug said:

I think it may be Bronn that informs Jaime of Cercei + Lancel & the Moonboys. If not Bronn, then Lancel or the HS will tell Jaime straight up just as he is leaving KL. That would pave the way for redemption Jaime we all know and love.

Why would it be Bronn? 

Bronn doesn't even know himself, does he? 

Also - we are all assuming that it's the Lancel-Cersei thing that will eventually push Jaime over the edge, but I don't think that's the case:

Rather, I think it'll be something like: 

Tommen dies, and that pushes Cersei to grief because of her prophecy, and she tries to do something crazy (burn KL down with Wildfire, maybe?). Jaime realizes how fargone she is, and eventually kills her because it's the only way to stop her. 

I think that would make for a far more interesting narrative than "oh hey remember how you slept with your cousin 4 years ago?"

Couldn't sleep last night so I was just lying awake thinking last night that it is mentioned that Bronn needs a new better wife. It also was mentioned that Samwell Tarlys sister was being set up to marry someone. Perhaps Randall will change this plan now to seek revenge on Sam & his supposed comrades Jon Snow, the nights watch & their wildling army. So Bronn could be set up with Sam Tarlys sister to form an alliance with the Lannisters & the south? All he has to do is kill Randall & Dickon & viola, the castle is his. She could even be set up to marry Jaime as he is free from the Kingsguard now.  Two houses with no Valyrian swords. 

They wouldn't have mentioned it unless it was important to the plot would they? I need more sleep :)

Yeah. The completely useless travels, of Bronn. A pointless character, given far more time, than actual important ones. Why, you ask? Because he is "cool," "edgy," and talks about putting his nose, up some random tavern wench's ass. More artistic brilliance, from DD and Cogman.

1 hour ago, Northbound3.0 said:

Yeah. The completely useless travels, of Bronn. A pointless character, given far more time, than actual important ones. Why, you ask? Because he is "cool," "edgy," and talks about putting his nose, up some random tavern wench's ass. More artistic brilliance, from Dipshit, Dumbass and Cogman.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? Yep, he has used up sooo much screen time this season, hasn't he? ;-)

9 minutes ago, Titan said:

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? Yep, he has used up sooo much screen time this season, hasn't he? ;-)

So we only look at screen time, based on each particular season? Yes, makes loads of sense. Afterall, each new season is a completely new story than the previous and are totally unrelated. Bronn is a joke. His character given that amount of time, is a joke. He offers nothing to the plot and overall story, other than a Captain Jack Sparrow, knock off, comedy hack. His arc is fanfiction. It should of, at the very least been cut down; to give actual plot lines that matter, far for more time.

You can take that, however want. If you are offended, apologies. You can call me a "book snob" and I will say thank you and wear it. But the amount of screen time devoted to Bronn, should have been the first clue, at the writers lack of understanding of this story. Afterall, just two episodes ago, they gave us one hell of gem, when Dany is with the other Khals and how they all want to know what a "Khaleesi tastes like;" when all of their wives are called Khaleesi.

16 hours ago, Northbound3.0 said:

So we only look at screen time, based on each particular season? Yes, makes loads of sense. Afterall, each new season is a completely new story than the previous and are totally unrelated. Bronn is a joke. His character given that amount of time, is a joke. He offers nothing to the plot and overall story, other than a Captain Jack Sparrow, knock off, comedy hack. His arc is fanfiction. It should of, at the very least been cut down; to give actual plot lines that matter, far for more time.

You can take that, however want. If you are offended, apologies. You can call me a "book snob" and I will say thank you and wear it. But the amount of screen time devoted to Bronn, should have been the first clue, at the writers lack of understanding of this story. Afterall, just two episodes ago, they gave us one hell of gem, when Dany is with the other Khals and how they all want to know what a "Khaleesi tastes like;" when all of their wives are called Khaleesi.

Instead of bitching about a character why don't you look into why he is there. In the books Illyn Payne is the one who teaches Jaime to fight after he loses his hand and he is the one Jaime travels to the River lands with. Since the actor can't be on the show for health reasons the show decided to take Bronn, a popular show character, and give him Paynes storyline.

I would much rather have Bronn along to give Jaime shit than to just have Payne standing there mute while Jaime talks to him or trains.

Archived