Cersei's death theory

iTchyGo

So according to the prophecy, Cersei is supposed to die (or get strangled to be more specific) from the "younger brother", and I've heard theories that it's either Tyrion or the hound (if he is still alive). But I've never heard anyone say Tommen. He is in fact the younger brother. It's obvious Cersei sees Margery as a threat and will sooner or later act upon it. I can definitely see Tommen being the one to kill his own mother and seeing the dramatic change from the quiet, good hearted kid to a murderer. Which will progress into Jaime killing Tommen, which will remind us that no matter how much Jaime has changed for the good, he will still live the role as the kingslayer.

Interesting, I never though of it that way but the theory said "three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds", so her children would die before her so I guess that's kinda impossible to happen. And don't forget that even though Jamie and Cersei are twins, Jaime came after her, making him a younger brother as well. My guess is either Jaime or Tyrion kills her.

Didn't the show omit the part of being killed by a younger brother? In the books I'd think it would be Jaime and Tyrion plans to do it, but in the show... I can't see Jaime in that role, and Saint Tyrion doesn't kill. Unless Cersei jumps at him with a knife, lol.

Many people have speculated that Jaime, not Tyrion, is the younger brother.

I wonder if Bran's vision of Jaime killing the Mad King and of wildfire is a huge bit of foreshadowing.

Spoiler

Since Cersei apparently burns down the Sept with wildfire and kills the Sparrows and Tyrell this season and goes all mad queen, perhaps Jaime feels he must kill her as well.  His one "good" deed, which he is scorned for, is killing the Mad King who is trying to burn down the city.

4 hours ago, kg1982 said:

Many people have speculated that Jaime, not Tyrion, is the younger brother.

I wonder if Bran's vision of Jaime killing the Mad King and of wildfire is a huge bit of foreshadowing.

Hide contents

Since Cersei apparently burns down the Sept with wildfire and kills the Sparrows and Tyrell this season and goes all mad queen, perhaps Jaime feels he must kill her as well.  His one "good" deed, which he is scorned for, is killing the Mad King who is trying to burn down the city.

I also heard another theory that the Mad King was mad because Bran was in his head the whole time, kind of like the Hodor situation. 

5 hours ago, Prince_of_ice_and_fire said:

Interesting, I never though of it that way but the theory said "three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds", so her children would die before her so I guess that's kinda impossible to happen. And don't forget that even though Jamie and Cersei are twins, Jaime came after her, making him a younger brother as well. My guess is either Jaime or Tyrion kills her.

See does the prophecy say they'll die before her though? It seems to just suggest three will rule and three will die, which is confusing because at least in the show Myrcella is already dead and never wore a crown.

I don't know. I certainly would be interested in seeing Tommen actually, you know, do something. 

6 hours ago, Prince_of_ice_and_fire said:

Given the context of what's going on in the show, I doubt you will Tyrion come back before Cersei dies. It's almost guarantied you have Cersei dead before daenerys moves, and Daenerys is going to sprint north to go first take on the king of the North, and than you will see an alliance between her and Jon. 

2 hours ago, Rumy Stark said:

See does the prophecy say they'll die before her though? It seems to just suggest three will rule and three will die, which is confusing because at least in the show Myrcella is already dead and never wore a crown.

I don't know. I certainly would be interested in seeing Tommen actually, you know, do something. 

The rest of the prophecy goes: "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you." I might be mistaken here but I do take this as cersei crying for havin all three of her kids murdered. Myrcella wasn't crowned in the show but in the books Doran's daughter had that plot to make her queen of the seven kingdoms based on Dorne laws. I don't remember if Arianne had the chance of actually crowning her but myrcella was even called by the title your grace, I believe that's already good enough to keep the theory consistent.

And besides, you guys are basing this "Tommen choking Cersei to death" on Show!Tommen, and although he might be strong enough to choke her there, I highly doubt he could have the physical strength to kill someone with his bare hands in the books since he is only ten, eleven years old, and all he does is playing with cats. I can see Book!Tommen rallying with the HS just like he did last episode, but killing someone barehanded, I don't know about that. I think he already did something big (and stupid for that matter haha) getting the crown and the faith together, but I believe he'll die in the middle of this whole Cersei/Margaery/Faith scenario.

But maybe I just don't want to see Cersei being killed by one of her child lol

8 minutes ago, Marcus Agrippa said:

Given the context of what's going on in the show, I doubt you will Tyrion come back before Cersei dies. It's almost guarantied you have Cersei dead before daenerys moves, and Daenerys is going to sprint north to go first take on the king of the North, and than you will see an alliance between her and Jon. 

Well, Theon and Asha are heading south and they will take Daenerys to Westeros soon I believe (please, let the Meereen plot end, I can't stand that anymore). And I also think Cersei's trial will happen by the end of the season, but, without knowing the result of the combat, there's no way to know if Cersei will be dead or not by the time Tyrion comes back to Westeros. But GRRM can't kill Cersei before making her watching Tyrion riding a bloody dragon HAHAH

1 minute ago, Prince_of_ice_and_fire said:

Well, Theon and Asha are heading south and they will take Daenerys to Westeros soon I believe (please, let the Meereen plot end, I can't stand that anymore). And I also think Cersei's trial will happen by the end of the season, but, without knowing the result of the combat, there's no way to know if Cersei will be dead or not by the time Tyrion comes back to Westeros. But GRRM can't kill Cersei before making her watching Tyrion riding a bloody dragon HAHAH

Given the reddit thread and everything else I already figured out what happens for the rest of the season. At the very most, Tyrion might only see Jaime again, and who knows what will happen with Daenerys and Jaime.

Y'all should really check this thread. It's basically the same as this one.

I'll copy what I wrote in it:

As far as I know, the candidates for the Valonqar position are: Tyrion, Jamie, The Hound and Arya.

If you want more info, check it out!

Her 3 children will die before her. Tommen would need to be undead. Not impossible, but I don't believe that.

It should be Jaime, but there is no hint of that for now (he is still as hateful as her in the show). OK,the show could use Tyrion, he is so cool.

• 1 month later...

Any thoughts on this now? I was thinking that after the destruction of the Sept, what is going to keep KL from reverting back to the way it was in ACOK? There will be no one to feed the people without Highgarden, no faith to tame them, no walls to keep them back, no army positioned in KL since the Lannister army is up in the Riverlands still the and the Tyrell army would likely pull out after the explosion, and likely little to no City Watch since most of them would've been at the trial.

So what is to stop an angry mob from coming for the throne? The Mountain? Maybe, but I'm not sure even he is strong enough to stop a full fledged mob like the one that attacked Joffrey's entourage.

So maybe the prophecy is that Tyrion or Jaimie allow a mob to attack to Cersei, and she is killed by strangulation while being torn apart by the angry mob? It seems kind of ironic that a person who so viciously fought for the throne, and coined the "game of thrones" analogy would be viciously murdered by her own subjects. It would almost be a nod to the Hobbesian notion of political power which seems to be festering through the plight of the Smallfolk throughout the series.

^^im sure the peasants will be violently against Cersei. I can just see her raining down on them from the battlements of the Red Keep with arrows. 

As for her death, I'm sure Daenerys will be outside the city. Peasants will be rioting, storming the Red Keep and trying to escape the city. She'll light the wildfire. The big places will blow up, and the fire will spread. As Daenerys circles the fiery ruins on Drogon, Jaime will confront Cersei one last time and kill her. 

Archived