Mother killers

Re-post, deserves more replies.

first post was june 2015

assuming that jon snow was child of rhaegar and lyanna, who died in chilbirth. We have an intersting coincidence based on other well supported thoeries that links 3 characters, jon snow ,tyrion lannister and daenerys targaryren. All 3 mothers died in childbirth. 

Hit this up whats your ideas or debunk it so i can stop thinking about piecing these 3 different pathways together

title just to draw attention 

31 minutes ago, Starkdirewolf said:

Re-post, deserves more replies.

first post was june 2015

assuming that jon snow was child of rhaegar and lyanna, who died in chilbirth. We have an intersting coincidence based on other well supported thoeries that links 3 characters, jon snow ,tyrion lannister and daenerys targaryren. All 3 mothers died in childbirth. 

Hit this up whats your ideas or debunk it so i can stop thinking about piecing these 3 different pathways together

title just to draw attention 

Ah.. I see where you're going with this. If Jon, Tyrion, and Dany all had a mother die in childbirth, then logically they must have had the same mother and been born as triplets. Mind blown.

Of course, that triplet logic only holds true if the mother can only die once. However...If there was a red priest kicking around the birthing bed, then the mom can always be resurrected to have more children. That would account for the apparent differences in ages.

1 hour ago, Damon_Tor said:

I think this "breaking the mold" element is important. It could also be a part of the whole "Nissa Nissa" thing; forging "Lightbringer" means the father has to sacrifice his wife.

This. The original Lightbringer was forged after three attempts, three swords quenched (in water, a lion, and Nissa-Nissa), and three mothers dying in childbirth to produce three heroes, . And now; Jon (water is melted snow), Tyrion (his mother was a lion!), and Dany (her mother was the sister/wife Nissa-Nissa). Dany's dragons are the real Lightbringer. They certainly glow with a warm flame when used in combat...

7 hours ago, hiemal said:

This. The original Lightbringer was forged after three attempts, three swords quenched (in water, a lion, and Nissa-Nissa), and three mothers dying in childbirth to produce three heroes, . And now; Jon (water is melted snow), Tyrion (his mother was a lion!), and Dany (her mother was the sister/wife Nissa-Nissa). Dany's dragons are the real Lightbringer. They certainly glow with a warm flame when used in combat...

Difficult to justify Snow -> "Water". For one thing, Snow would be a reference to Jon himself not to his mother, which is the whole point. I'm more inclined to believe that all THREE mothers were Nissa Nissa for each respective Lightbringer, that "Lightbringer" isn't one specific thing or person but rather an archetype. Remember that the Lightbringer story and its three forgings is never presented to us as a prophecy.

55 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

Difficult to justify Snow -> "Water". For one thing, Snow would be a reference to Jon himself not to his mother, which is the whole point. I'm more inclined to believe that all THREE mothers were Nissa Nissa for each respective Lightbringer, that "Lightbringer" isn't one specific thing or person but rather an archetype. Remember that the Lightbringer story and its three forgings is never presented to us as a prophecy.

That's what the tinfoil is for!

I agree completely that Lightbringer is not a prophecy so much as an archetype- one that is being repeated not as three seperate events but as a whole.

For example the dying in childbirth element is central to all three, but I postulate that not all three were beloved "Nissa-Nissa"s- she is the "just right" porridge, if you will. The dragons are the strongest evidence of Dany representing the final attempt, in my mind, and the case for Tyrion is strong as well- but Jon is, as you point out, the weakest link. To condense tinfoil, I can see two lines of possible reasoning:

1. The first quenching (in water) represented a union with a commoner by the Bloodstone Emperor, resulting in Florian the Fool- who is echoed in Jon "Knows Nothing" Snow.

or

2. It was all about a genetic union with an Other (the snow/water thing), which resulted in Symeon Stareyes (who may or may not be Night's Prince- chronology from Age of Heroes and all being what it is) who was not blind after all but just had the sapphire-like eyes of mommy dearest. I think Jon's probable reanimation makes this a good, if highly tinfoily, match.

If one really insists on finding prophetic meaning in the three forgings story, I think the best connection is to Jaime Lannister and the sacrifices he has to make to become what he needs to become.

Water: His childrens' rightful surnames would be "Waters".

Lion: His family and title. He's never stopped being a Lannister in his heart.

Nissa Nissa: Cercei.

All these things hold him back: once he's free of them he can become what he's destined to become.

Archived