Will Rob's will surface making Jon King in the North?

Drogo_1

According to the books and I believe a scene right before the red wedding, Rob & Catelyn argue about who his heir is. It is very obvious that he names Jon his heir and future king in the North (simultaneously legitimizing him from a snow to a stark) and if memory serves he sent people off to raise his banner near Howland Reid's land to pass the info on. (I may be confusing this letter with other orders but in any case he sent people he trusted with his heir proclamation to someone he trusted.) With Jon and Sansa now traveling from Northern house to Northern house I expect that letter to surface very soon. Either this episode or next. It will be the only way to truly galvanize the north back to their cause and with Sansa having trouble convincing the northern lords that she is neither a Lannister nor a Bolton but in fact a Stark this would be the perfect way to move their stories forward leading to the battle of the bastards. I have been known in the past to throw out some very overthought crackpot theories but I honestly think this generic sequence of events is what we will see. Anyone agree?????

Hmmmmm interesting. Does he make it clear that Jon is the heir? I agree that this letter will probably pop up, but I'm not sure it'll be that straightforward. (And/or there will be backlash because the people of the North like to fight about things). 

26 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

Hmmmmm interesting. Does he make it clear that Jon is the heir? I agree that this letter will probably pop up, but I'm not sure it'll be that straightforward. (And/or there will be backlash because the people of the North like to fight about things). 

Yes, Robb basically told Cat that in the letter he is naming Jon as his heir because Arya is probably dead, and in the same letter he disowned Sansa, in order to prevent Lannisters claiming Winterfell thru her or her children by Tyrion. 

So, if LF with Sansa makes his move toward the North, I'll bet that letter will mysteriously show up at the right time!

I don't know if Robb's Will will show up in the show, it isn't ever mentioned , plus, Talisa is pregnant, something that she isn't in the book, so it kinda negates him needing an heir, but I do hope Jon becomes King in the North.

1 hour ago, DJE said:

I don't know if Robb's Will will show up in the show, it isn't ever mentioned , plus, Talisa is pregnant, something that she isn't in the book, so it kinda negates him needing an heir, but I do hope Jon becomes King in the North.

Even if the Queen is pregnant a King need a heir, someone that is next in line in case of something unexpected happen, specially in the middle of a war and remember that from the moment Robb was crowned as King In The North Bran was named Prince of Winterfell and heir of Robb so from the moment that Bran and Rickon were presumed dead and Arya was missing and Sansa in the hands of the enemy someone had to be name as the heir and if the King has a son the the newborn take the first place in the line of succession. It make sense that at the time the tv show opted to no talk about the will to avoid an issue before it need it.

I wouldn't expect Robb's will to surface on the show. 

Surely, if Robb had a will made, they would have at least hinted at it?

Don't forget that in the build up to the Red Wedding, we had tons of scenes of Tywin just nonchalantly penning messages mid-conversation. 

We don't really get any of that from Robb.

It would be pretty weird if magically a random will turned up legitimizing Jon, without it somehow being sown into the story in the past.

Think it's far more likely that Sansa legitimizes Jon if / when they retake Winterfell. 

IIRC, in the corresponding historical era, wills were made of steel and had sharp edges.

Lawyers were hung before breakfast was over, because, in those days the law was whatever the guy with the sword said it was.

Lets not forget Robb had a potential heir to Winterfell on the way with Talisa being pregnant. Why would he write a will giving it to Jon so he could overstep his own kid?

In the book, Robb's wife doesn't even die at the Red Wedding. It made a little more sense for him to issue out a will naming Jon as the heir to Winterfell.

I always liked the possibilities that the will presented in the books, but I don't see it making an appearance on the show.  Without having shown anything about Robb writing it, the will would seem to come out of nowhere if it appeared now.

I suppose that they could have Bran see a vision of the past about the will, but at this point, that would come across as more of a retcon than a revelation, and would take up screen time best spent elsewhere.

Read some stuff some person from reddit posted. Everything this person posted so far became true

Spoiler

Jon does become King of the North. This is after the teen girl who is head of some house (with like 60 soldiers) speaks up about how she trusts the Starks and was one of the only ones to follow them into battle. Then the other houses speak up and apologize about not following them and they don't care that he is a bastard.

2 hours ago, TheGreenBell said:

Read some stuff some person from reddit posted. Everything this person posted so far became true

Hide contents

Jon does become King of the North. This is after the teen girl who is head of some house (with like 60 soldiers) speaks up about how she trusts the Starks and was one of the only ones to follow them into battle. Then the other houses speak up and apologize about not following them and they don't care that he is a bastard.

Link?

I doubt they will go in that direction, but they could simply have Howland Reed or another northern lord show up with it. They could say King Robb entrusted me with this, it bears his seal, yadda yadda yadda, it names Jon as his heir. It might be a bit sloppy but they could do it. 

12 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

No such thing exists in the show.

So when Lyanna Mormont sent Stannis the response saying she'll follow no one but the King in the North - who's a Stark... who was she speaking of?  Rickon?

I think she spoke of Jon.  If they wanted to exclude the Will from the show, they should have also excluded Lyanna's response to Stannis.

Plus - the poetic justice in her name being Lyanna?  You can't beat that.

12 minutes ago, The Answer said:

So when Lyanna Mormont sent Stannis the response saying she'll follow no one but the King in the North - who's a Stark... who was she speaking of?  Rickon?

I think she spoke of Jon.  If they wanted to exclude the Will from the show, they should have also excluded Lyanna's response to Stannis.

Plus - the poetic justice in her name being Lyanna?  You can't beat that.

That was just a stupid scene to sass Stannis and make him look dumb. I find it funny she thought she was being soo loyal to Robb by turning down a guy and his army who was fighting against the Boltons but convenietly this season she cares because emo boy is involved.

8 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

That was just a stupid scene to sass Stannis and make him look dumb. I find it funny she thought she was being soo loyal to Robb by turning down a guy and his army who was fighting against the Boltons but convenietly this season she cares because emo boy is involved.

The last time a Northern lord went to help a Baratheon king it didnt go so well....

24 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

6 years into the show there is little to no time for stupid scenes.  Lyanna's response in the book was huge support for the Grand Northern Conspiracy; it can and should be huge in the show as well.  If not specifically for Jon's cause, her response could have been referring to Rickon in the possession of the Umbers (who I believe are infiltrating Ramsey held Winterfell). 

Why would she be loyal to a dead Robb?  wtf?

Archived