Roose and Ramsay Bolton help

There is a huge amount of information on Roose Bolton, Ramsay, and the Dreadfort on the internet.  I just finished re-reading the first four books for like the sixth time and I could not see all this information in said first four books.

I am sure much of this information stems from the HBO series.  I am not interested in that made up info, I want to find it in the books.

Do people just make up stuff from the little info given from again said four books?  
Are people extrapolating info from the little given?

Yes, I can look at the reference on Wiki.  But I just read through much of that in my reread.  I'll go back and look at all that just to note it again.

Is much of this in the A Dance of Dragons?

Where is all this information on Roose and Ramsay from?  I am sorry if there is a thread on this that I do not know about.  If there is where is the search button, I am new here.

I guess I am a purist.  If the huge amount of info on Dreadfort history on the net where is it in the books?  

This is driving me crazy.  Sorry for wasting your time. 

I have started looking up references From Wiki on Ramsay Snow.  My aforementioned reread of the first four books I did find what I could of Ramsay to my delight.  I find Ramsay Snow a fascinating character.  It was the HBO series that I recently purchased that got me interested in Ramsay, though again, I wanted the info from the books.  From the Wiki references,, there is much information in A Dance With Dragons that I am now just starting to read.

I have read the first three books about five times.  I never paid much attention to Roose and Ramsay.  So It was quite a shock when I viewed GOT.  The characters became much more important to me.  That prompted my reread.

In the books Ramsay has some great lines.  He is very funny yet quite shrewd.

"The psychology Of Ramsay Snow" on Youtube, is a  must If you find him interesting.

Archived