So will Wyman Manderly be in this episode or not? (minor spoilers)

TimeforTravel

There was a casting call about a fat lord who delivers a stirring speech. And from the trailer it looks like at least Lyanna Mormont and Galbert Glover will be in this episode. But this episode is also called "the Broken Man" and will also see the Blackfish, Edmure, King's Landing, etc. I don't know how they're going to show visits to at least three Northern houses. Do you think our fat lord is finally in the show? 

I am not sure, I don't think so, he may appear at the finale though I would love to see him before that.

I don't know how to spoiler tag, so in white text:

I have heard a spoiler that the after the battle Lyanna Mormont will deliver a heartening speech as one of the ones which stood with the Starks despite having very few men and crown Jon KitN, the Houses which stood against them or did nothing will apologize. My guess is that Wyman shows up when these things are going on and chooses to stand with them now and support Jon (since Rickon dies at the Battle).

Since Bran will have a last vision of the ToJ  which we will see Lyanna and  a baby with Ned (Spoiler)  this may open the way for the next season, with Jon while not being entitled to be King of the North while Bran is alive does have a claim for the whole country, thus, when Dany arrives with the Grejoys to conquer Westeros in the eve of the battle for Westeros there will be conflict between who would be King/Queen of Westeros and if they will ally to end the long night.

If Sansa is supposed to be in Bear Island or Deepwood Motte and Jon dealing with the wildlings, I suppose that Wyman might be rather in the future episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if he came just before the battle against Ramsay.

53 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

If Sansa is supposed to be in Bear Island or Deepwood Motte and Jon dealing with the wildlings, I suppose that Wyman might be rather in the future episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if he came just before the battle against Ramsay.

Haven't they shown a picture of Jon, Sansa a Davos on Bear Island?

1 hour ago, Beard from Tad Cymru said:

Haven't they shown a picture of Jon, Sansa a Davos on Bear Island?

I think they are going together - I've seen screenshots of trailer having the trio (J+S+D) both on Bear Island and near Wildlings. 

Do you think, showrunners remembered the oft-forgotten fact that Longclaw is technically Mormont house sword, just temporarily given to Jon by Jeor? I think if Jon - tries to give his sword back that move would basically get most of Mormonts (and their Northern guests) on his side since it would show that his honorable, not greedy and that Jeor (man very much respected in the North) thought highly enough of him to consider him like his son and enough to gift him with the family sword. (Then they just let Jon keep it for "the wars to come")

6 minutes ago, Masha said:

I think they are going together - I've seen screenshots of trailer having the trio (J+S+D) both on Bear Island and near Wildlings. 

Do you think, showrunners remembered the oft-forgotten fact that Longclaw is technically Mormont house sword, just temporarily given to Jon by Jeor? I think if Jon - tries to give his sword back that move would basically get most of Mormonts (and their Northern guests) on his side since it would show that his honorable, not greedy and that Jeor (man very much respected in the North) thought highly enough of him to consider him like his son and enough to gift him with the family sword. (Then they just let Jon keep it for "the wars to come")

I wasnt under the impression that it was given to him "temporarily"

I do think it will come up.  Lady Mormont will not know it is longclaw (because it has a new pummel).  Jon will draw it, speak of her father, and offer it back to her.  This will convince her to follow Jon, knowing that if her Father gave Jon his sword, and had the pummel redone he is truly worth following.  She will of course refuse to take the sword back.

Just now, Xarkar said:

I wasnt under the impression that it was given to him "temporarily"

I do think it will come up.  Lady Mormont will not know it is longclaw (because it has a new pummel).  Jon will draw it, speak of her father, and offer it back to her.  This will convince her to follow Jon, knowing that if her Father gave Jon his sword, and had the pummel redone he is truly worth following.  She will of course refuse to take the sword back.

I definitely took it as Jeor gave Jon that sword.  Not that it isn't possible he could give it back to gain there help, but by no means is Jon obligated to let the Mormonts have it back.

9 minutes ago, Juan_Snow said:

I definitely took it as Jeor gave Jon that sword.  Not that it isn't possible he could give it back to gain there help, but by no means is Jon obligated to let the Mormonts have it back.

Confused it with the books, where Jeor had Jon promise to give it to Jorah if he does the honorable thing and takes the black.

Either way, while Jon is not obligated to do so, but if he will offer the sword to Lyanna (?) it will show her and her guests that his honorable and trustworthy enough to join him.

3 minutes ago, Masha said:

Confused it with the books, where Jeor had Jon promise to give it to Jorah if he does the honorable thing and takes the black.

Either way, while Jon is not obligated to do so, but if he will offer the sword to Lyanna (?) it will show her and her guests that his honorable and trustworthy enough to join him.

I suspect the conversation will go something like this.

Lady Mormont: "How can we trust you.  You are leading a band of Wildlings south of the wall"

Jon:  "Your (Brother or Uncle) trusted me. [depends who he is talking to Maege or Lyanna\

Lady M: "How can I know that.  Joer is dead"

Jon:  (unsheaths longclaw)  "do you recognize this sword?"

"Your Brother gave it to me"

"But it isnt mine, it belongs here"

Lady M " If Joer gave you this, then he believed in you".... "so i will as well"

17 minutes ago, Xarkar said:

Lady Mormont: "How can we trust you.  You are leading a band of Wildlings south of the wall"

Jon:  "Your (Brother or Uncle) trusted me. [depends who he is talking to Maege or Lyanna\

Lady M " If Joer gave you this, then he believed in you".... "so i will as well"

This seems so likely that it is scary, tbh.

1 hour ago, Nerevanin said:

This seems so likely that it is scary, tbh.

It does make a ton of sense.  At the same time however, Valeryian Steel is even more valuable now then it was before Jon killed a White Walker with it.  Even though there are very few people that actually know that.

The "stirring speech" doesn't necessarily mean it's for the Starks. He could have it against the Wildlings. Good guys aren't the only ones who have stirring speeches. I think they are trying to play around with people's expectations to not make it predictable. Have good guys in the books be bad and vice versa. Hard to predict where the story is going.

9 hours ago, Xarkar said:

Or she could assume he murdered Jeor and stole the sword.

7 hours ago, jbob said:

The "stirring speech" doesn't necessarily mean it's for the Starks. He could have it against the Wildlings. Good guys aren't the only ones who have stirring speeches. I think they are trying to play around with people's expectations to not make it predictable. Have good guys in the books be bad and vice versa. Hard to predict where the story is going.

They probably would have heard about Jeor getting killed by mutineers and then avenged by several other brothers, Jon included. Tyrion all the way in King's Landing heard about it.

19 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Jon, Sansa, and Davos were all spotted at Deepwood Motte in a preview still, so the whole gang's likely doing a Great Northern Tour.

I doubt they'll go to White Harbor though. The Manderly's were named as one of the Bolton allies along with Karstarks and Umbers, Lord Wyman will likely show up at Winterfell first when Ramsay calls him in response to rumors of Jon. Whether his rousing speech will be pro or anti-Stark remains to be seen, but I know which one I'm betting on.

10 hours ago, jbob said:

Doubtful.

If he Murdered Joer he wouldnt be walking into house Mormont offering it back.  But thats just my opinion

On 6/1/2016 at 1:07 PM, Juan_Snow said:

It does make a ton of sense.  At the same time however, Valeryian Steel is even more valuable now then it was before Jon killed a White Walker with it.  Even though there are very few people that actually know that.

Huh, I just realized that. Longclaw is the first Valyrian Steel blade to taste White Walker Ice(Skin?) in thousands of years.

The rousing speech has to be given by the 15 year old Wylla Manderly. It's one of the most powerful moments in the books.

A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. 
When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies.
The city is built upon the land they gave us. 
In return we swore that we should always be their men. 
Stark men!

On 2016. 06. 01. at 8:01 PM, Masha said:

What? There is no such scene in the books.

Jon can keep it for as long as he wants, and he would be stupid if he wanted to return Longclaw to the Mormonts, when he knows it works against WWs. 

Still the fact that he has Longclaw may come up during the visit.

Archived