Aeron's second vision:the woman with hands of white fire

Guerì

3 hours ago, Mrs.Grumpy said:

I want it to be Quaithe because that would explain some of her actions, give her purpose etc.

As of now, Quiathe is an enigma. We know nothing about her agenda, identity, alliances etc. 

Pairing her with Euron would give her purpose.

I like your angle on this; and if this is the case, you'd expect Quaithe to give Dany advice to accept Euron or something, right? Or is Quaithe scheming to help Euron steal her dragons and dispose of Dany? I tend to think Quaithe is on Dany's 'side,' ostensibly, with the grey area being the question of whether it's ultimately good for Dany to follow Quaithe's advice. 

How could you see this working out between Quaithe, Dany, and Euron? 

• 3 weeks later...

The woman described in Aeron's vision of Euron on the throne describes a tall woman laughing at dwarves. This almost certainly sounds like Cersei. Plus, a possible but not definite clue is in the salt and rock wives titles. Who better for a rock wife than a daughter of Casterly Rock? Also, the crown is in need of a fleet since Aurane Waters absconded with the one she had built.

I do like the Hightower idea though and think they will have a part to play in the series, before the end. I wouldn't be shocked if they betray the Tyrells.

@Guerì awesome OP mi amigo, The Mad Maid (along with other Hightowers) would be fitting indeed.

Lord Leyton is said to have not descended the Hightower in over a decade. This could run parellel to Eurons exile.

The Hightowers are currently better positioned to make major moves than any other time in recent memory. Oldtown is still one of the capitals of trade in the Sevin Kingdoms - arguably THE number one following the recent turmoil in Kings Landing. As the home of both Faith and Citadel, they are well positioned to take advantage of the political unrest that has swept Westeros for the last few years.

The Tyrells have became so entwined with the unpopular Lannister regime that they may have put their credibility as Liege Lords at serious risk. Several Reach houses have recent reason to be offended by The Lords of Highgarden, and I'm sure the ever cunning Hightowers are aware of each and every slight. I understand the major Reach houses are connected through blood and marriage, but what do such connections really mean to a lord who has not came down from his tower in 10 years? I'm sure Margaery could have used a helping hand from her grandfather during her trial - a trial conducted by the Faith of The Seven no less. A word from The Lord of Oltown, centre of The Faith, could have calmed the Sparrow movement and maybe conviced The High Sparrow to be more gentle with Margaery. Could this be an indication of some contempt between houses Hightower and Tyrell? Why exacly do the Hightowers remain content to be a secondary house, when they seem to hold far more sway than their liege lords? We know prophecy dictated that they shouldn't take up arms against House Targaryen, but the Dragons lost the Iron Throne and the current people in power aren't exactly holding a firm grip.

They have a history of machinations and maneuvering, as seen in the Dance and many other elements of their history. The question is, why wouldn't they seek ultimate power?

The Lords of Oldtown have always had vast resources at their disposal, so they don't appear to "need" more power, but need and want are two very different things when it comes to high lords.

We still have no idea the extend of Lord Leyton and The Mad Maids sorcery, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a glass candle or two. As @Timmay suggested, the "hands of white fire" and glass candle pale flame have many similiarities, so mayhaps The Mad Maid and her father have been acting as "guides" for Euron for quite some time. It could be that the Hightowers are using Eurons conquest as a false flag type scenario, backing the Crows Eye while keeping their involvement secret to retain power until Euron truly arrives.

The first King of the Hightower was Uthor, Uthor then had a son named "Urrigon" who bequeathed the lands for the foundation of the Hightower. The name "Urrigon" is very like the name "Urrathon" - and we know of both notorious The Iron Man Urrathon Badbrother, aswell as the mysterious Urrathon Nightwaker. The glass candles were described as burning in The Nightwalkers house as far back as ACOK, so mayhaps this is a hint from George?

• 4 weeks later...

Euron sent Victarion to SB, to fetch Daenerys. Because he wants the dragons, and her for queen.

Pale or white fire is sometimes associated with dragons and Daenerys.

Ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings. In their hands were swords of pale fire.

The dwarves (little men) were also in Daenery's visions in the HotU:

In one room, a beautiful woman sprawled naked on the floor while four little men crawled over her.

The woman in Aeron's vision could be someone else. But my first guess goes to Daenerys. Of course, it doesn't mean it will happen. But it is a possible future.

On 3/11/2017 at 4:50 AM, BalerionTheCat said:

Euron sent Victarion to SB, to fetch Daenerys. Because he wants the dragons, and her for queen.

Pale or white fire is sometimes associated with dragons and Daenerys.

Ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings. In their hands were swords of pale fire.

The dwarves (little men) were also in Daenery's visions in the HotU:

In one room, a beautiful woman sprawled naked on the floor while four little men crawled over her.

The woman in Aeron's vision could be someone else. But my first guess goes to Daenerys. Of course, it doesn't mean it will happen. But it is a possible future.

That vision doesn't connect Dany to pale fire, it connects her pre-valyrian ancestors' swords with pale fire...kinda like Dawn...And if the Hightowers are one of the pre-valyrian dragonlord families, like house Dayne, that vision would connect pale fire with them much more than with Dany.

Plus we're looking for a woman who's hands are alive with pale white fire, not just pale fire.

On 2/13/2017 at 8:21 AM, Leo of House Cartel said:

We still have no idea the extend of Lord Leyton and The Mad Maids sorcery, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a glass candle or two. As @Timmay suggested, the "hands of white fire" and glass candle pale flame have many similiarities, so mayhaps The Mad Maid and her father have been acting as "guides" for Euron for quite some time. It could be that the Hightowers are using Eurons conquest as a false flag type scenario, backing the Crows Eye while keeping their involvement secret to retain power until Euron truly arrives.

The first King of the Hightower was Uthor, Uthor then had a son named "Urrigon" who bequeathed the lands for the foundation of the Hightower. The name "Urrigon" is very like the name "Urrathon" - and we know of both notorious The Iron Man Urrathon Badbrother, aswell as the mysterious Urrathon Nightwaker. The glass candles were described as burning in The Nightwalkers house as far back as ACOK, so mayhaps this is a hint from George?

I have no idea if the Hightowers have glass candles or not but they are absolutely up to their eyeballs in magic. We don't have enough information but it's far more likely to me that woman is the Mad Maid rather than Cersei or Dany.  

Archived