An Army of 108,000...

On 6/2/2016 at 3:20 PM, Xarkar said:

Look at Oberyn vs the Mountain.  No armor, and a staff/sword whatever that is called and he was toying with the mountain.  Some of the Dothraki would be the same.

Just don't get too close to the man in the iron suit.

What if the Dothraki are just red herring, they either perish at sea during storm / naval clash? This would solve the story. No logistical issues/plot hole to worry, no "How do you order the Dothraki to return back to their homeland once they occupied Westeros" questions.

17 hours ago, Epyon said:

snip

Well, the Dothraki do use bows. They do it on horseback. The problem is that a foot archer will outrange a Dothraki archer, and a Westerosi archer is likely to be (at least partially) armoured. So the Dothraki have to ride into the range of the Westerosi bows and begin receiving fire and then ride further so that they can actually fire back. And the Dothraki will suffer far more from this than the Westerosi will.

On 6/4/2016 at 8:18 AM, Trollosi said:

What if the Dothraki are just red herring, they either perish at sea during storm / naval clash? This would solve the story. No logistical issues/plot hole to worry, no "How do you order the Dothraki to return back to their homeland once they occupied Westeros" questions.

This. 100 times, this. I am reading TP&TQ about the Dance of Dragons. This has Aemond Targaryan written all over it. Brother melted. Vanity. "Screw it Criston Cole. You take your army south, I am headed to KL to rain fire on my cousins, all by myself." 

On 6/4/2016 at 2:27 PM, WSmith84 said:

Well, the Dothraki do use bows. They do it on horseback. The problem is that a foot archer will outrange a Dothraki archer, and a Westerosi archer is likely to be (at least partially) armoured. So the Dothraki have to ride into the range of the Westerosi bows and begin receiving fire and then ride further so that they can actually fire back. And the Dothraki will suffer far more from this than the Westerosi will.

Single archers are near worthless, too. Lines of armored archers loosing in unison is much more effective. Bows are really inaccurate, but I guess it's fantasy so we have magical bows and arrows that can hit someone from more than 20 meters or so. 

Archived