Where were the gold cloaks, Ser Gregor and Lannister soldiers?

When Jaime showed up with Mace Tyrell and his soldiers (who I think looked really plain and disappointing by the way), Why wasn't there any Gold Cloaks around? They seem to have vanished (With Bronn?). As Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, how did Jaime not rally the other guards to his cause before striking the Sparrows? At the very least, Ser Gregor should have been with him (he's a Kingsguard and does Cersei's bidding)  Also, in the first season, Jaime had control over Lannisters troops even as a Kingsguard, which were with him when he fought Ned Stark, isn't it strange that this time he had none with him? Is he not the second in command of the Lannister Armies after Kevan?

Because of that, it seemd obvious that no battle would take place with the religious fanatics.

36 minutes ago, middle-aged griff said:

Didn't Kevan state that he would have the City Watch and the Lannister army basically stand aside while the Tyrells did the business of rescuing Margery?  Jaime was just there because he needed to look awesome riding up those steps and he HATES the High Sparrow more than anyone.

You mean CGI Jaime riding his horse up the steps? 

God, that was awful to watch. 

Seems like all the CGI budget is going to the dragons

1 hour ago, middle-aged griff said:

Didn't Kevan state that he would have the City Watch and the Lannister army basically stand aside while the Tyrells did the business of rescuing Margery?  Jaime was just there because he needed to look awesome riding up those steps and he HATES the High Sparrow more than anyone.

This was the entire point of that Council Meeting.

4 hours ago, Leto Atreides said:

snipped-

Because of that, it seemd obvious that no battle would take place with the religious fanatics.

It was also obvious that was not going to be a battle or WoS because they tried to make it look sneaky by making Margaery dress in the standard potato sack, yet not cutting any hair. 

And not having Ser Mountain anywhere with the Kings Guard standing next to Tommen upon his dramatic reveal. I guess Ser Mountain was taking a sick day? 

And Jaime not knowing where or what his entire crew were doing for the last few hours leading up to the High Cobbler-Tommen reveal. 

And then Cersei encouraged Jaime to go to the Riverlands instead of any type of possible retribution for Myrcella by any Lannister. But I guess she came to terms with the Hot Maggie prophecy and doesn't blink as her kids drop like flies anymore? :dunno:

7 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

And then Cersei sending Jaime away to the Riverlands instead of any type of retribution for Myrcella. But I guess she came to terms with the Hot Maggie prophecy and doesn't blink as her kids drop like flies anymore? :dunno:

Tommen sent Jaime to the Riverlands. Cersei and Jaime are not in command of the Lannister army.

1 minute ago, Dragon in the North said:

Tommen sent Jaime to the Riverlands. Cersei and Jaime are not in command of the Lannister army.

Sorry. I should phrased it "Cersei encouraged Jaime" to go to the Riverlands which is the opposite of what she has said so far.  Thanks for helping me correct that :cheers:

Another detail I forgot. Tommen is Jaime's last surviving child after his son and daughter were both poisoned. Lord Commander of the Kingsguard or not, you would think that Jaime would know Tommen's whereabouts and have Kingsguards report to him on his activities...such as visiting the High Sparrow and getting lectured by him. Jaime should have know that Tommen was at the Sept when he showed up at the stairs.

6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Sorry. I should phrased it "Cersei encouraged Jaime" to go to the Riverlands which is the opposite of what she has said so far.  Thanks for helping me correct that :cheers:

No problem. But Jaime was banished from the city. Whether he goes to Casterly Rock or the Riverlands, it doesn't really matter. Myrcella still remains unavenged.

The Gold Cloaks could not be involved since Tommen did not want to make any moves against the High Sparrow.  Kevan was not going directly against Tommen.

The Lannister force are either under Kevan and see abovery.  There could of been other reasons they were not suggested for other political.

Jamie was going Rouge here and against Tommen, which is why he was kick out.

The plan was too as quickly free Margaery,  Loras, and destroy the Sparrows before Tommen may of gotten word.

Anyone notice that Margaery hair was not cut like Cersei?  A little hint that what was occurring was theater.

12 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

No problem. But Jaime was banished from the city. Whether he goes to Casterly Rock or the Riverlands, it doesn't really matter. Myrcella still remains unavenged.

Agreed. I thought Cersei explained her reasoning quite clearly. 

People seem to keep missing the point that Jaime and Cersei have been denied access to power, including the Lannister army. Jaime made that 100% clear last episode when he said he wanted to get Bronn to buy him men to kill the HS. That's about all he can do now. He certainly has no army to attack Dorne. 

Part of Cersei's reasoning seems to be that, if he takes an army in the field to win back Riverrun, he may gain personal loyalty from his men and gain more power that way. 

19 hours ago, Leto Atreides said:

Another detail I forgot. Tommen is Jaime's last surviving child after his son and daughter were both poisoned. Lord Commander of the Kingsguard or not, you would think that Jaime would know Tommen's whereabouts and have Kingsguards report to him on his activities...such as visiting the High Sparrow and getting lectured by him. Jaime should have know that Tommen was at the Sept when he showed up at the stairs.

Jamie's a pretty terrible Kingsguard, really.  He's now outlived three kings.

Rewatch episode 5 for the answer to your initial post.

Count me among those who thought that it was unrealistic that Tommen could have been meeting with High Sparrow without Jamie knowing.  Young king leaving the castle would have created a stir and one would think that Cersei would have heard about this.  

KL is my least favorite storyline of the show this season.  

Anyone else notice that the Kingsguard with Tommen also have new armour!

I missed it the first time. They are sporting the 7 pointed star on their breastplate and not the crown.

Tommen has been up to some super sneaky business in teh past few days.

1 hour ago, No One of Importance said:

Jamie's a pretty terrible Kingsguard, really.  He's now outlived three kings.

Rewatch episode 5 for the answer to your initial post.

I think the fact that he murdered one means a bit more!...

Barriston Selmy outlasted 3 kings as well,  yet none were really his fault.. Well maybe he should have stopped the Boar lol

13 hours ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Agreed. I thought Cersei explained her reasoning quite clearly. 

People seem to keep missing the point that Jaime and Cersei have been denied access to power, including the Lannister army. Jaime made that 100% clear last episode when he said he wanted to get Bronn to buy him men to kill the HS. That's about all he can do now. He certainly has no army to attack Dorne. 

Part of Cersei's reasoning seems to be that, if he takes an army in the field to win back Riverrun, he may gain personal loyalty from his men and gain more power that way. 

But why doesn't Kevan go for justice? 

Why doesn't Tommen go for justice? 

If Jaime can get Bronn to get men to kill the HS, then he can get men to kill the women in Dorne just as easily. Sending him in the opposite direction into a battle where he could die or lose a brain part and risk not making it back seems really illogical. 

The show can say whatever it wants. If it doesn't make sense and isn't consistent from episode to episode, what they say doesn't matter. Cersei is just such an example. 

If people keep missing the point of what a character said, then there is a problem with the scripting and plot progression. This has come up a lot in this season already. 

5 hours ago, Xarkar said:

Anyone else notice that the Kingsguard with Tommen also have new armour!

I missed it the first time. They are sporting the 7 pointed star on their breastplate and not the crown.

Tommen has been up to some super sneaky business in teh past few days.

I did. I saw the fancy new digs. That was some Littlefinger level fast action in getting those made in just a few days. 

And the armorer was so kind to take measurements on just those few guards while not telling Jaime. I guess Tommen had made up his mind a few days back to kick uncle daddy out of the kingsguard? 

21 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

But why doesn't Kevan go for justice? 

Why doesn't Tommen go for justice? 

If Jaime can get Bronn to get men to kill the HS, then he can get men to kill the women in Dorne just as easily. Sending him in the opposite direction into a battle where he could die or lose a brain part and risk not making it back seems really illogical. 

The show can say whatever it wants. If it doesn't make sense and isn't consistent from episode to episode, what they say doesn't matter. Cersei is just such an example. 

If people keep missing the point of what a character said, then there is a problem with the scripting and plot progression. This has come up a lot in this season already. 

Tommen doesn't do anything because he's an ineffective pudding of a king. Kevan doesn't do anything because he is obedient to the pudding. 

Taking a group of men to attack a building nearby isn't the same as attacking another country, And Jaime made even that suggestion only as a wish, with both Jaime and Cersei recognizing he wouldn't survive the attempt  

People people aren't missing these obvious plot points. Only certain people. 

On 1/6/2016 at 0:52 AM, Tchzaelous said:

This was the entire point of that Council Meeting.

Yep. Cersei convinced Olenna and Mace to rescue Margarey, and Kevan (who didn't want to get involved) had to step aside.

Archived