Euro Cup 2016

1 hour ago, baxusz said:

First of all, English hooliganism is far from dead. It's nowhere near the level it was at during '80s and '90s but it's still there, even if it's not as popular a topic as it once was.

To be honest, I wasn't aware that Serbian software developers and endurance sports enthusiasts in their early thirties have a reputation for racism, murdering and ethnic cleansing.

Who says it's far from dead? I'm telling you it is dead.  The only place the historic reputation apparently endures is in places where hooliganism is still rife, for example in Serbia. :P

1 hour ago, baxusz said:

Second of all, I didn't accuse ALL English people for being hooligans, I haven't even accused all English football fans of being hooligans so the comparison you went for is way off the mark. Had I held Spockydog accountable for actions of English hooligans years ago, then the comparison would be appropriate.

Here's the problem: You keep saying you don't think "all" English people are hooligans (that's very good of you), and in the next breath you say that English fans (who were not hooligans in the 80s/90s, and who are not hooligans now) "had it coming" and are "crying wolf" now that they're "on the receiving end of the stick".

You can't have it both ways.

I'm sure there are English dickheads in France that are relishing the chance to twat away at some Russian dickheads. But from all the reports I've seen, this seems to overwhelmingly be a case of unorganised groups of English fans being beaten up by regimented, semi-uniformed gangs of Russian and local French origin in highly coordinated attacks. When that's the picture that emerges, let us deal with what's in front of us and say that these people shouldn't be going around physically assaulting fans from rival nations.

Let's not use strawmen and "sins of our fathers" type arguments to justify it.

So, If Russia is expelled from the tournament because of fan action during the Slovakia game, what does that mean for the rest of the group? Do the results of their matches stay the same? What would be the results of matches not played? 

17 minutes ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

So, If Russia is expelled from the tournament because of fan action during the Slovakia game, what does that mean for the rest of the group? Do the results of their matches stay the same? What would be the results of matches not played? 

All the results would be void ie. it's just like they didn't happen. The problem is that no-one knows what would happen in terms of the third place teams. The four third place teams with the most points are supposed to go through but Russia getting kicked out would mean the third place team in group B had less points than everyone else, which could cause a lot of problems.

But it won't happen anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

3 hours ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

Presumably their matches would be voided, which for purposes of the table results in the other three teams all being awarded 3-0 wins.

On 6/13/2016 at 5:36 AM, baxusz said:

don't sztomp the fallen "enemy"

Really? Because a lot of videos I've seen indicate otherwise.

Seems to me that the English fans were loud, drunk, and obnoxious, but not particularly violent. Some did respond in kind when people threw chairs and bottles at them, or punched or kicked at them, but I thinks somewhat understandable.

8 hours ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

Really? Because a lot of videos I've seen indicate otherwise.

I was surprised to see that too. For quite a long while hooligan fights among Russian team firms were conducted under a rather strict set of rules. I can't say if that changed or it doesn't apply abroad or what the Hell happened. It's definitely wrong, even compared to other forms of hooligan behaviour.

Archived