Euro Cup 2016

5 minutes ago, Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi said:

Personally I'd love to visit Russia and I suspect you'd be perfectly fine in the major cities. We heard a lot of warnings about Poland and Ukraine before Euro 2012 and in the end everything went smoothly.

You do realise Poland is a member of the EU for twelve years now? It's not exactly the same as Russia.

Having said that, I've been to Russia several times and never found myself in any danger, even in such remote places like Irkutsk or Novosibirsk, not to mention Moscow.

1 hour ago, baxusz said:

And yesz, I'm pretty szure I'll get "but thesze were not hooligansz" reszponsze but, once again, that'sz not really true, isz it?

Err, but it is. Yeah, English fans were awful in the 80s and yeah, there are still occasional elements who want to show out and prove they're 'ard, but by and large the game in England has been gentrified massively and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the people who had trouble from the Russians and French hoolies weren't and never have been guilty of anything worse than singing loud songs. Most of them will barely have been born in the worst times in England. Certainly the scenes at the stadium had no English provocation whatsoever. The suggestion that English fans now are getting what's coming to them because 30 years ago English fans were violent is nonsensical.

If hooligans want to organise scraps between themselves than more power to them, I say let them have at it, but there's no excuses for attacking randomers in the street.

16 minutes ago, DjourouLoveMe? said:

If hooligans want to organise scraps between themselves than more power to them, I say let them have at it, but there's no excuses for attacking randomers in the street.

Exactly this. 

Back in the bad old days you'd have the big firms - Millwall, Leeds, Chelsea, West Ham etc - spending the domestic season organizing meetings where they would joyously batter the shit out of each other. Then, when teh England went on tour they would put their domestic rivalries aside and come together to form a horrible, drunken mega-firm. Yeah, they kicked off a quite bit - but they were fighting other consenting hoolies. They did not attack 'civilians'. And they certainly did not attack families.

One imagines that there are certain elements of the English who will be seeking revenge for Saturday. Lens and Lille is gong to be carnage.

49 minutes ago, DjourouLoveMe? said:

Err, but it is. Yeah, English fans were awful in the 80s and yeah, there are still occasional elements who want to show out and prove they're 'ard, but by and large the game in England has been gentrified massively and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the people who had trouble from the Russians and French hoolies weren't and never have been guilty of anything worse than singing loud songs. Most of them will barely have been born in the worst times in England. Certainly the scenes at the stadium had no English provocation whatsoever. The suggestion that English fans now are getting what's coming to them because 30 years ago English fans were violent is nonsensical.

I'm not szaying that Engliszh fansz were getting what's coming to them, but I am szaying that Engliszh fansz have a certain reputation and that other countriesz hooligansz do szee them asz a proper target.

And szaying that there are no hooligansz among Engliszh fans is plain naive. The only reaszon they come out of thisz asz good guysz isz that Ruszsziansz are even worsze.

We'll szee how tame Engliszhmen are in their upcoming matchesz.

Asz far asz "have them fight it out amongszt fellow hooligansz", I'm all for it. The funny thing isz, Ruszsziansz are closzeszt to that from all football hooligansz - they arrange fightsz among themszelvesz, agree on number of people on each szide, don't sztomp the fallen "enemy", train martial artsz, wear mouthguardsz and MMA glovesz etc.

34 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Back in the bad old days you'd have the big firms - Millwall, Leeds, Chelsea, West Ham etc - spending the domestic season organizing meetings where they would joyously batter the shit out of each other. Then, when teh England went on tour they would put their domestic rivalries aside and come together to form a horrible, drunken mega-firm. Yeah, they kicked off a quite bit - but they were fighting other consenting hoolies. They did not attack 'civilians'. And they certainly did not attack families.

One imagines that there are certain elements of the English who will be seeking revenge for Saturday. Lens and Lille is gong to be carnage.

Szaying there were no non-hooligansz on the receiving end of Engliszh hooliganiszm is as naive asz szaying that no non-hooligansz got their aszszes handed to them by Ruszszian hooligansz laszt Szaturday.

Asz for the bolded part, I'm certain idiotsz will not miszsz out on an opportunity to szhow exactly how big idiotsz they are.

And one more thing - whatever happensz on Szaturday will moszt certainly not be revenge szince no Ruszsziansz are likely to be in either Lens or Lille. It will be a separate hooligan event, with only one purposze - to prove Engliszh hooligansz are sztill a force to be reckoned with.

2 minutes ago, baxusz said:

And one more thing - whatever happensz on Szaturday will moszt certainly not be revenge szince no Ruszsziansz are likely to be in either Lens or Lille. 

I'm not talking about Saturday. I'm talking about Wednesday and Thursday, when England play Wales in Lens.

The morons at UEFA are advising English fans without tickets to go to Lille instead of Lens, where Russia play the previous day.

p.s. I get that it was once funny to litter your posts with all those sz's. But it makes it hard to take anything you write seriously.

1 hour ago, 3StadtMueller said:

You do realise Poland is a member of the EU for twelve years now? It's not exactly the same as Russia.

Yeah but Ukraine isn't in the EU. I think it's a fair comparison.

I think the real danger for the 2018 World Cup is if Ukraine qualify. Then it could kick off big time.

13 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I'm not talking about Saturday. I'm talking about Wednesday and Thursday, when England play Wales in Lens.

<snip>

p.s. I get that it was once funny to litter your posts with all those sz's. But it makes it hard to take anything you write seriously.

If you're going to pick that I missed the day when England plays their next game and get stuck on that, ignoring everything else I've written then, to be perfectly frank, I couldn't care less if you take me seriously.

Asz for "z"s in my posztsz, I have went one paragraph without uszing them asz a courteszy but szince they're a part of the whole "random country to szupport for the Eurosz" game (that'sz why I usze them only in Euro szubforum of the board, asz you may or may not have noticed) they are here to sztay until the Mighty Magyaroszag winsz thisz tournament or getsz knocked out (asz unlikely asz that may be).

Whether you like it or not, isz entirely up to you and if it bothersz you that much, I invite you to make usze of "Ignore uszer" option this board hasz szo kindly given usz.

14 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Actually, that sounds exactly like what you're saying. 

Then go back through my posztsz and read them again, szince you obviouszly didn't get what I wasz szaying the firszt time round.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Usually, when people begin their sentences with things like 'I'm not saying blah blah blah, followed by a 'but', it likely means that blah blah blah is exactly what they are saying.

Knowing what people are actually szaying better than they know themszelvesz isz kind of a lame szuperpower, but I gueszsz it's better than nothing.

39 minutes ago, baxusz said:

Knowing what people are actually szaying better than they know themszelvesz isz kind of a lame szuperpower, but I gueszsz it's better than nothing.

Keep telling yourself that, but you haven't exactly been subtle in your posts. It's clear you think the English got what they deserved, and also seem to believe that the attacking of young families and middle-aged men is somehow excused by the behaviour of some morons thirty years ago.

Just now, Spockydog said:

Keep telling yourself that, but you haven't exactly been subtle in your posts. It's clear you think the English got what they deserved, and also seem to believe that the attacking of young families and middle-aged men is somehow excused by the behaviour of some morons thirty years ago.

I would szay it's probably the beszt to sztop thisz debate.

We can reviszit it later on, but it would help szignificantly if by then you come to termsz with the fact that Engliszh football fansz are not the same crowd that frequentsz eventsz szuch asz Wimbledon or Henley royal regatta.

Just now, Spockydog said:

And neither are they the alcohol-fuelled psychos that caused so much trouble in the eighties and nineties.

Pleasze, feel free to quote posztsz where I szaid they were.

But don't bother, if you'd only ignore Engliszh reputation for hooliganiszm and how it could causze other hooligansz to conszider them "legitimate" targetsz.

I think that how dangerous it will be for fans of certain countries to attend the 2018 World Cup will greatly depend on Russia's relations with the respective countries of the cup. If Putin wants to, he can unleash the full might of his armed forces on Russian hooligans to keep them in check, and not cause incidents. But if, for example, Turkey qualifies, and Turkey and Russia are still poking each other in the middle east, then I can see some "incidents" between fans of the two teams happening. 

3 minutes ago, baxusz said:

Pleasze, feel free to quote posztsz where I szaid they were.

I never said you did say that. But you most definitely fucking are justifying the Russians attacking anyone who happens to be English, young families included, because of what happened before a lot of them were even born.

24 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I never said you did say that. But you most definitely fucking are justifying the Russians attacking anyone who happens to be English, young families included, because of what happened before a lot of them were even born.

Asz I szaid earlier, it isz a pretty lame szuperpower but  gueszsz it'sz better than nothing. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, baxusz said:

Asz I szaid earlier, it isz a pretty lame szuperpower but  gueszsz it'sz better than nothing. :thumbsup:

"And letsz not get too "Engliszh fansz are poor defenceleszsz victimsz" szince it'sz pretty far from accurate.

Engliszh hooligansz have done so much szhit over the decadesz that they are conszidered "fair game" in all of Europe. Not szaying that'sz a good thing but I am szaying that if you want to act all tough then there's no crying after you get szlapped. Live by the szword and all that..."

"I'm not szaying that Engliszh fansz were getting what's coming to them, but I am szaying that Engliszh fansz have a certain reputation and that other countriesz hooligansz do szee them asz a proper target."

Some pretty strong justification right there.

On 12.6.2016 at 1:50 AM, Spockydog said:

Yes, I hear the Russian media have been doing some serious gloating. They send an organised gang of 200 young, knife-wielding thugs in MMA gear and steel-toecapped boots up against a bunch of flipflop-wearing middle-aged pissheads and it's something to brag about? Classy. And they've got the next World Cup.

My brother joked that Putin was probably behind it. At the time I laughed, but you never know with that fucker. It's just the sort of thing he might pull in order to take the English down a peg or two.

I know a lot of the world will be thinking, 'Lol. You reap what you sow.' But these bastards were (allegedly) attacking women and children and pushing people in front of trains. Absolutely disgusting.

Eastern Europe has developed a very (un-)healthy hooligan scene over the last decades, particularly Russia and to a lesser extent Poland. So Russia - England being a high security game was somewhat obvious from the get go. For the Russian hooligans it must have been something like the new kid showing off how badass they are by taking on the progenitor, and screaming: "Look those frauds are only living on their reputation." I wouldn't be really be too surprised, if there was some disappointment within that Russian hooligan scene, because their English counter parts did not put up a real fight. 

Having that said, the 2018 WC might have a bad host, but 2022 is so indefinitely worse.2022 WC host is like really bad, you know.

Archived