2016 NBA FINALS - Runnin' it Back

Relic

Noooooooooo!!!!!

Scott Foster, voted by far the worst ref in the NBA, is the lead official for the Cavs-Warriors game 2 tonight.  How in the world is Foster in the subset of NBA officials allowed to officiate in the playoffs, let alone in the NBA finals?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-best-worst-referees-20160131-story.html

http://official.nba.com/referee-assignments/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/05/10/referee-scott-foster-criticized-for-shaun-livingston-ejection-in-warriors-blazers-game/

So congrats on winning game 2, Cavs!

(Kidding, am a Warriors fan but fully respect Cavs and Lebron who can win on their own merit.  Just can't stand Foster!)

7 minutes ago, Kindly Old Man said:

This is just not fun to watch

I expected better offense from the Cavs. Man, Kyrie has been bad.

But knew after that Thunder series the Warriors would luxuriate against a team without the same kind of athleticism and endless 7 foot wingspans.

Unrelated, I find it so weird how freaked out Draymond Green gets when it comes to wide-open 3's even on a night where he's been strong offensively and even had a few moments of hero-ball....but only if someone is right up on him.

ETA: 

Last year the Warriors were clearly a nervous wreck. They barely managed to win their early nail-biting games through the Cavs little mistakes, luck, and some key talent. Now the Warriors seem far more prepared mentally and athletically for what they are facing in the finals. 

LeBron is definitely one of the greatest of all time, and he should not be ashamed about his two rings and six appearances in the finals. But a 2-5 reputation certainly means 7 finals appearances, the problem is that people will likely see that as an inability to close. Last year, Warriors fans kept hearing about how this would be different if Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love were healthy. (And my Bulls fan friend said last year that if they were healthy, it would have been more in the Warriors favor.) LeBron has built this team to excel, but I'm not sure if this team could have won the championship against the OKC Thunder. The Eastern Conference is just so weak right now. 

9 hours ago, Triskan said:

I confess that I didn't watch this one closely as I was watching GoT, but WTF?  I really thought Cleveland could make this more competitive. 

I have no idea why you would think that given the previous game. 

On 6/3/2016 at 3:23 PM, Proudfeet said:

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into it. Didn't the Spurs smash the Thunder in Game 1 too? Look how that turned out.

are you reading into it now?

Wow. What a beating. Again.

LeBron didn't play very well himself, Irving obviously also problematic, K Love knocked unconscious.

But even if he had played the whole game they would have been demolished as well. 

OKC must be thinking "if only" right now. If only Durant had been in good shape.

Kyrie is so useless when his shot is not falling. Such a black hole on offense and a defensive liability. A guy with his elite ball-handling and shooting skills should be a nightmare cover in a pick and roll yet he isn't that at all since his decision making is just terrible.

Archived