Littlefinger and Lady Stoneheart

golden_eyes

It is pretty likely that Catelyn and Littlefinger will meet again at a time when Catelyn has figured out everything Littlefinger has done to her and her family. I mean, you have to ask yourself what is the more powerful scene - Littlefinger getting served by Catelyn or Littlefinger stumbling over something Sansa does to him, a girl he never actually fucked with all that much (at least not yet).

It could of course go both ways because I don't see Sansa dealing Littlefinger a killing blow. She might ruin some of his plans but the man is way too resourceful and smart to not see something like that coming when it comes. He'll have the means and resources to get away.

I mean, honestly, one doesn't want Littlefinger to die. One wants him to lose everything he has gained and have spend some more time in that watchtower of his.

We certainly did not get Catelyn back in one way or another just to see her kill Freys. That's fine, too, but she should have an agenda that extends beyond that and I'd not be surprised if she already figured out that Littlefinger (and Lysa) screwed her and Robb. I mean, it is pretty obvious now considering that Littlefinger married Lysa and set himself as the Lord Protector of the Vale. She might even have figured out by now that Littlefinger and Lysa sent her that poisoned note. She nearly figured it out in AGoT but she had so many other things to think about.

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

It is pretty likely that Catelyn and Littlefinger will meet again at a time when Catelyn has figured out everything Littlefinger has done to her and her family. I mean, you have to ask yourself what is the more powerful scene - Littlefinger getting served by Catelyn or Littlefinger stumbling over something Sansa does to him, a girl he never actually fucked with all that much (at least not yet).

It could of course go both ways because I don't see Sansa dealing Littlefinger a killing blow. She might ruin some of his plans but the man is way too resourceful and smart to not see something like that coming when it comes. He'll have the means and resources to get away.

I mean, honestly, one doesn't want Littlefinger to die. One wants him to lose everything he has gained and have spend some more time in that watchtower of his.

We certainly did not get Catelyn back in one way of the other just to see her kill Freys.

I agree with this, and if he finds out about her before she meets up with him, I suspect he'll decompose and let his regrets consume him, similar to Cersei after her walk of shame.

To be honest I don't think they will meet and I won't be surprised if Littlefinger survives through all of this madness. However, there is a good chance he will lose everything.  Then again Littlle Finger is a guy just coming from nothing to something.  Can't blame him.

• 1 month later...

Catelyn Stark was always about her family. Bringing her back from the dead would serve no purpose if she didn't get to interact with one or several of her surviving family members. To this end, I think she will go after Sansa. I think Sansa may engineer a way to reveal her true identity to the lords and ladies of the Vale (if they don't already know), and word will reach the Brotherhood without Banners. Lady Stoneheart will reunite with her daughter and Petyr.

Characters who thirst for vengeance never end will in this series, but the most satisfying end for Littlefinger, in my opinion, is to die at the hand or command of the very first person he ruined. Littlefinger is basically the grand architect of the War of Five Kings, he initiated the Stark-Lannister conflict, had a hand in Renly's ridiculous rebellion, and formed the Lannister-Tyrell alliance to defeat Stannis. All of this mayhem started with the murder of Jon Arryn and lying twice to Catelyn. Catelyn should be the one to end his life.

Archived