Teng Ai Hui

Losers Lounge: Euro 2016 / Copa America Centenario Edition

33 posts in this topic

First, I'll have a Budweiser to help me forget how badly my RL compatriots played in their loss to Columbia.

Then, I'll have a glass of Spanish red wine to help me forget the taste of that Budweiser and to belatedly celebrate Spain's 6-1 thrashing of South Korea.

Ha, you won't catch me in here again. England never lose international tournaments, everyone knows that.

I'm too embarrassed about the home loss to minnows Georgia.  I need a pint of Estrella.

Pivo! Staropramen, Urquell, Budvar, all of it.

Sztick to Urquell, Sztaropramen szuksz! ;)

I'm guessing the truly good stuff, such as U Fleků, isn't available in other, more deprived countries, so we'll have to resort to the exported varieties when abroad.

Une Stella Artois, s'il vous plait

Kerítésszaggató, please.  I don't care from whence it came, I only care that it is strong enough to erase the memory of that game. 

All the Rakia you have please - there will be no need for a glass.

So, somebody pour me up a cup of Welsh cider, and I'm going to do the samething here I do in every other bar... I'm going to ramble on a bit to perfect strangers...

I went to an Irish Pub today to watch the Wales/England match as there are no Welsh bars in Dallas Texas, and the English ones just seemed to be out of place for someone who was going to be cheering on the Dragons. As it was an 8am game, there wasn't too many people in the place regardless, but an elderly Englishman walked up to me to talk and we wound up sitting together to watch the match. 

I told him how by a random draw, I had been selected as a Welsh supporter online, and he laughed and told me his fandom went back a little further than that. He had been cheering The Lions for 68 years. During the match, we both were heavily emotionally invested as I was exhilarated when Bale scored. When Vardy made the game level, he cheered enthusiastically. We both sat on the edge of our seats until my heart was broken in stoppage time. 

What was so damned cool is that there is no possible way that any of these games could have possibly held an emotional impact on me if I were not participating on the boards. Because of this little game we play, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for my chosen team in this tournament. 

At the end of the match, the old fellow looked over at me, and could tell that I was upset at the result. He put his arm around my shoulder and told me that there was always going to be another day. It was remarkable sportsmanship from him and is yet another fantastic reason that this is such a beautiful game...

I'm done talking now, I'm going to start putting down the ciders...

GO WALES !!!! Beat Russia !!!

1 hour ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

So, somebody pour me up a cup of Welsh cider, and I'm going to do the samething here I do in every other bar... I'm going to ramble on a bit to perfect strangers...

I went to an Irish Pub today to watch the Wales/England match as there are no Welsh bars in Dallas Texas, and the English ones just seemed to be out of place for someone who was going to be cheering on the Dragons. As it was an 8am game, there wasn't too many people in the place regardless, but an elderly Englishman walked up to me to talk and we wound up sitting together to watch the match. 

I told him how by a random draw, I had been selected as a Welsh supporter online, and he laughed and told me his fandom went back a little further than that. He had been cheering The Lions for 68 years. During the match, we both were heavily emotionally invested as I was exhilarated when Bale scored. When Vardy made the game level, he cheered enthusiastically. We both sat on the edge of our seats until my heart was broken in stoppage time. 

What was so damned cool is that there is no possible way that any of these games could have possibly held an emotional impact on me if I were not participating on the boards. Because of this little game we play, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for my chosen team in this tournament. 

At the end of the match, the old fellow looked over at me, and could tell that I was upset at the result. He put his arm around my shoulder and told me that there was always going to be another day. It was remarkable sportsmanship from him and is yet another fantastic reason that this is such a beautiful game...

I'm done talking now, I'm going to start putting down the ciders...

GO WALES !!!! Beat Russia !!!

Irish pub was open at 8 am? Not sure if I should be surprised or not. But given your coherent post, you clearly failed to drown your sorrows in said pub. I hope you catch up tonight. USA is playing, after all. :cheers:

Drowning in Stolichnaya and shame. 

Though, I would be drowning in Stoli if the Russians had won the group.  So... lose-lose = win-win.

Da.

3 hours ago, lacuna of Bohemia said:

:bawl:

:cheers: time to Czech out. 

:( Let down by the Italians. A sad story.

Bit late due to the time I've needed to process this defeat, but I'll have a double vodka. One for the letdown of the Swedish being kicked out, another one for the end of an era in which Sweden was capable of competing at a decent level of football, solely due to you-know-who. *Starts crying in a corner*

44 minutes ago, Ser Zlatan said:

Bit late due to the time I've needed to process this defeat, but I'll have a double vodka. One for the letdown of the Swedish being kicked out, another one for the end of an era in which Sweden was capable of competing at a decent level of football, solely due to you-know-who. *Starts crying in a corner*

Didn't the U21 team win the Euro Championship last year? I wouldn't give up hope. But of course, there will never be another Zlatan.

I'll just be in the corner, sipping quietly on an Amaretto Sour. For some reason I can't quite muster the energy to go on a rage-filled bender about this, so I'm gonna play it classy.

At least we got the goal of the tournament out of it.

A pint of... *checks wikipedia*... Ožujsko, please.

Farewell sweet Croatia, you'll always be the best side in the tournament now.