Aegon TWOW

LordImp

What can we expect from Aegon in the upcoming book. 

- Where will he head after Storms end?

The biggest possibilty IMO is that he saves Oldtown from Euron and thus gets the support of the Hightowers and is declared King just as Aegon the conqueror was . 

Or will he perhaps march on Kings landing , forcing Cersei to burn down the city .

- Love interest ?

Most likely Aegon will marry Arianne and get the support of Dorne. But i have also seen suggestions that he will fall in love with Elia Sand.

And will there be some kind of relationship between him and Sansa?

- Will he survive Winds of winter? 

I think it's absurd that Arriane would need to marry him to earn Dorne's support. If he is Ellia's son. Unless they know he's a fraud, but see's him as their best option. 

I like to think someone like Randyll Tarly will be savvy enough to either already plan to align himself with Aegon, or be aligned already. Cersei goes nuts like Aerys. Randyll hands Aegon KL like Tywin. 

The latest sample chapter seemed to imply that Euron genuinely went to Valyria. He has a Valryian Steel suit. I think he's got more important things to do than prove Aegon's worthiness. 

I think Aegon will take the throne briefly but be killed by Euron when Euron gets power over a dragon: the question of his legitimacy and descent will end up being irrelevant. Cersei may survive and outlive him by the good fortune of having been driven out of the city by Aegon.

Imagine it... Aegon and forces drive Cersei out of King's Landing. He is getting ready for his coronation - and to attempt to dismiss rumours that he's a fake... And a dragon appears in the sky. The people begin to cheer: a harbinger of the return of the dragons perhaps, and the end of the wars, perhaps a symbol of good luck?

It stops. It hovers over the public square where Aegon is receiving his crown from the High Septon.

Then... one single blast of fire. BOOM. Goodbye Aegon, goodbye High Septon, and indeed, goodbye most of King's Landing, because of all the stored wildfire Cersei left behind that she never got the chance to set off. The dragon is Rhaegal, mastered by the horn, and his controller is Euron because Victarion failed to break his binding over the horn. Aegon's dragon - Daenerys - was "too far away from the centre of the action and unable to save him", as foreshadowed in his loss to Tyrion at cyvasse. Euron lands in the smoking wreckage of the city - the Throne itself being one of the few things that has survived intact - and none dare oppose him.

Then Daenerys arrives back, and the dragons begin to dance, and wherever the dragons dance, the people die...

A Tyrell army is marching down from KL according to the Arianne chapter, presumably lead by Mace (given he wanted to destroy Connington in the epilogue), so I imagine Mace will bungle it and Connington and co. will win a great victory, and then have a relatively clear path to the capital. The Faith will declare for Aegon (as the Tyrell-Lannister group are tainted), and he'll have the city. 

After that, I'm not sure. If the slayer of lies thing means that Dany must kill him, he needs to remain relatively powerful for the actual slaying to be meaningful, so he can't get wrecked by Euron too early.

It would actually be funny if he takes KL and marries... Margeary Tyrell to get support frome the reach

Her 4th king husband... and still a virgin (or not)

Anyway, the last Euron chapter made me think he really will be more of a player than Aegon ever will.. he had a lot of build up through the books while Aegon just showed up last book

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2016 at 5:18 PM, JLE said:

I think Aegon will take the throne briefly but be killed by Euron when Euron gets power over a dragon: the question of his legitimacy and descent will end up being irrelevant. Cersei may survive and outlive him by the good fortune of having been driven out of the city by Aegon.

Imagine it... Aegon and forces drive Cersei out of King's Landing. He is getting ready for his coronation - and to attempt to dismiss rumours that he's a fake... And a dragon appears in the sky. The people begin to cheer: a harbinger of the return of the dragons perhaps, and the end of the wars, perhaps a symbol of good luck?

It stops. It hovers over the public square where Aegon is receiving his crown from the High Septon.

Then... one single blast of fire. BOOM. Goodbye Aegon, goodbye High Septon, and indeed, goodbye most of King's Landing, because of all the stored wildfire Cersei left behind that she never got the chance to set off. The dragon is Rhaegal, mastered by the horn, and his controller is Euron because Victarion failed to break his binding over the horn. Aegon's dragon - Daenerys - was "too far away from the centre of the action and unable to save him", as foreshadowed in his loss to Tyrion at cyvasse. Euron lands in the smoking wreckage of the city - the Throne itself being one of the few things that has survived intact - and none dare oppose him.

Then Daenerys arrives back, and the dragons begin to dance, and wherever the dragons dance, the people die...

So you're telling me Euron is going to Merreen, instana snatch dany's dragon with 100% control, Go all the way back to KL, Kills Aegon b4 Dany shows up :wacko:

No. Euron is not going to Meereen.

Victarion is already at Meereen, and is going to have the horn blown, thinking that he has gained control of it. The horn will control one dragon, for whomever is recognised by the horn's magic as "the horn's current master". This much is pretty much certain: Victarion is already there, Daenerys isn't, the dragons are flying wild, and there is no way that the horn is not going to achieve *something*.

My guess:

Whatever agency Euron has on Victarion's ships to keep tabs on him (for there is no way Victarion has as free a hand as he thinks) - be it magical or a human agent - will be the real one in charge. My money's on the dusky woman being involved somehow, whether by her own choice or otherwise. But the dragon will seem to be at Victarion's service while Victarion comes back - either with his ships, having failed to get Dany, with a dragon following along: or with "his" dragon, outpacing his remaining ships. Then when he gets back, it gets revealed that Euron is in charge of it all along, and Victarion dies.

Or, Victarion breaks Euron's control of the horn with Moqorro's assistance, and binds a dragon to *himself*, only to get back and discover, the hard way, that Euron - with the help of the dragon-lore book looted from Oldtown perhaps, if he manages to get it intact (and if it is not stolen by Jaqen H'ghar in disguise as Pate, with the Faceless Men trying to get revenge on Euron for double-crossing them over the matter of payment for Balon's death) - is still master of the situation, and contrives to regain control of both horn and dragon.

Either way, Aegon won't live long.

Also, either way, Victarion will HAVE to be long-gone before Daenerys can return from the Dothraki.

On 6/8/2016 at 4:56 AM, LordImp said:

Well i am starting to think that Aegon is a red herring , and that the Dance is between Dany and Euron. 

I think the Dance is a three way war between Aegon, Daenerys and Euron. 

Aegon is a dragon.

Euron is a kraken that rides dragons.

And Daenerys is a dragon that rides dragons.

On 6/7/2016 at 5:18 PM, JLE said:

It definitely has to be Daenerys who kills Aegon. 

As PQ says, "Aegon's story is a fantasy story within another fantasy story that won't let it succeed because it wasn't earned."

When two fantasy protagonists clash for the lead role one of them has to kill the other one.

Euron is a horror story invading the fantasy story.

Arianne wont marry him, it would be idiotic and sabotage their alliance.

He will get most of the Reach (Tarly, Rowan, Hightower)and defeat Mace and Lannisters.

Will sit there for a while, play war with Euron, Daenerys will come, accuse him of being mummers dragon (and this is why I like idea of him being real deal, it would be much more tragic and heartbreaking) and kill him. I just hope JonCon dies somewhere between Aegon is crowned and killed.

- Euron will sack Oldtown 

- Tarly , Rowan , Peake , Redwyne etc will join Aegon

- Euron will reave the dornish coast while the dornish army is with Aegon

- Darkstar will steal Dawn and become Aegons Kingsguard 

- Obara and a group of dornishmen will infiltrate Highgarden and kill Willas

- Aegon will be crowned in  Oldtown like Aegon I 

- Edric Storm will be legitimized by Dany and retake Storms end in Danys name 

- The second Dance will start in late TWOW 

- Aegon will die early ADOS

1 hour ago, LordImp said:

- Euron will sack Oldtown 

- Tarly , Rowan , Peake , Redwyne etc will join Aegon

- Euron will reave the dornish coast while the dornish army is with Aegon

- Darkstar will steal Dawn and become Aegons Kingsguard 

- Obara and a group of dornishmen will infiltrate Highgarden and kill Willas

- Aegon will be crowned in  Oldtown like Aegon I 

- Edric Storm will be legitimized by Dany and retake Storms end in Danys name 

- The second Dance will start in late TWOW 

- Aegon will die early ADOS

Oldtown is next on Euron's list. You think Aegon will be crowned in a sacked city?

9 minutes ago, Ser Kinslayer said:

Oldtown is next on Euron's list. You think Aegon will be crowned in a sacked city?

Euron is not going stay in Oldtown.  And being crowned in Oldtown is status. And Oldtown is a huge city so some part of the cities will still be intact. 

He will die in the book before dany gets to westeros..let's just hope it happens in the first half as soon as possible..

People are going to be disappointed about this so called dance of dragons does not happen the way they think it will be..

Slayer of lies was never about literal slaying... Its one thing that stannis fans and YG fans keep hoping that it will make their favorite characters more relevant and stay alive as late as possible to fight and defeated by dany..meanwhile forgetting how powerful that makes dany defeating YG , stannis and euron and WW ( the very possiblity those fans are against )

• 1 month later...

I think Aegon is the real deal. If I recall correctly Varys did advise Aerys to not open the gates to Lannister forces. I would like to think Varys would have a contingency in place in case Aerys did not listen.

The logistics of baby swapping would not be too difficult for a man like Varys.

After Connington defeats Mace Tyrell and his army, it shall be a key political moment in Westeros for several reasons:

1) Having occupied Storm's End and defeating huge Tyrell army will have a resounding effect on Stormlands. Storm lords are historically sworn to Storm's End, but in recent events majority of them bent the knee to Iron Throne after Stannis' defeat at Blackwater. No one in Stormlands likes Lannister-Tyrell regime in King's Landing, so Aegon will be a nice alternative for them - he is a young and capable leader, fights his own battles, conquers castles and wins battles like Aegon the Conqueror.

2) Arianne will probably arrive in Storm's End and hear/witness this young dragon and his griffin adviser defeat the mighty Tyrell host. It will clear any doubts she might had whether to ally herself and Dorne with him. Unmarried, young and handsome "cousin" king needs a queen by his side, and we know how ambitious Arianne is. I expect her to offer marriage alliance between Aegon and herself in order to bring Dornish spears to his side.

3) After Mace's defeat Randyll Tarly will be the commander of Reach forces in King's Landing, and we know how dangerous Randyll is from Kevan Lannister. With his liege lord dead or captured and commanding the biggest host around the capital, Randyll will have all the leverage to negotiate with Jon Connington. And Connington probably knows Randyll and what kind of man he is and how he can be swayed to their side. I am pretty sure griffin will offer him Highgarden and title Lord Paramount of Reach once they deal with Tyrells. I expect Garlan to die by Harras Harlaw and Nightfall sword (foreshadowed in TWOIAF), Margaery to die in King's Landing events, Willas and Olenna Tyrell to die in Highgarden sack by Dornish host from Prince's Pass (foreshadowed in TWOIAF, and I think the whole realm will think it was ironborn attack, otherwise, no Reach lord will join Aegon's side, kinda with what happened in Winterfell with Theon and Boltons), so that leaves Highgarden up for grabs. Randyll Tarly will have a claim on it through his Florent wife, Melessa, and become new Lord of Highgarden and Warden of the South.

That is for starters, but I see more and more lords and nobility of Southern Westeros flocking to Aegon's side, especially after he comes to battle Euron in Oldtown.

On 6/4/2016 at 5:36 PM, LordImp said:

What can we expect from Aegon in the upcoming book. 

- Where will he head after Storms end?

The biggest possibilty IMO is that he saves Oldtown from Euron and thus gets the support of the Hightowers and is declared King just as Aegon the conqueror was . 

Or will he perhaps march on Kings landing , forcing Cersei to burn down the city .

- Love interest ?

Most likely Aegon will marry Arianne and get the support of Dorne. But i have also seen suggestions that he will fall in love with Elia Sand.

And will there be some kind of relationship between him and Sansa?

- Will he survive Winds of winter? 

Aegon will win the Iron Throne and will be believed to be Rheagar's son, he will be popular. Cersei may burn it down or just abandon and flee. Either way, Aegon will be King but Maybe not marry Arianne. I think an alliance with the Vale will be concluded and Aegon will end up marrying Sansa. Arianne may bed him first though and maybe gets knocked up by him as her main negotiation skills are sex. He will eventually be killed either by diseas (greyscale from Jon Con by accident) or most assuredly by Dany as her visions have predicted him and he is almost assuredly the "Mummer's Dragon".

Archived