Aegon TWOW

LordImp

On 10/18/2016 at 8:22 PM, Bironic said:

How is he supposed to get the Tyrells when he marries Arianne?

Why do you think it could go either way? Aegon doesn't have Dragons while Daenerys has at least one. It's exceedingly hard to kill a Dragon without Dragons. And that's without mentioning Daenerys will probably have an army of Unsullied, Freedmen, Sellswords and Dothraki at her back.

And before he mets Dany he will probably have to deal with Littlefinger and his allies(Vale & Riverlands probably), Euron Geryjoy and less likely but not completely unthinkable Stannis or whoever holds the North.

IMHO Aegon will be crucial in the Downfall of the Lannister-Tyrell alliance, he will rise high and then fall quickly.

BTW welcome to the forum !

Thanks.

There are speculations that many major lords of the Reach have switched sides to Aegon like Lords Rowan, Tarly, and Golden company's "Friends" in the Reach. Mace will either switch sides to Aegon or suffer a defeat from JonCon because JonCon would not give him battle if he didn't think he'd win. Plus when Mace realizes the real threat of Euron and learn what he is doing to his own lands it's quite possible Mace would switch sides. Either way Reach will nbe for Aegon soon!

And as to the threat of Dragons, Dany's Dragons are not that big as Aegon the Conqueror's were and can be killed. And Unsullied are majorly a defensive force and they have never been tested against Armoured Knights. Sellswords and freedmen can be disregarded.

And finally the Dothraki! Though its not confirmed in the books but when the Lords of westeros hear that Dany is coming to unleash dothraki savages on them, the whole realm will unite to throw them back to the sea! 

It's always hard to successfully invade against a foreign land without no help from within whatsoever! So when Dorne, The Reach, The Stormlands and the Crownlands will unite under Aegon's rule from the Iron Throne I think it could go either way! Maybe even Riverlands will join in because they have no love for the Lannisters and welcome Aegon as their King.'

And as to the threat of Littlefinger, he doesnt really have that much power. He is the Liege lord of the River lords but just in name, with the demise of lannisters down goes Petyr's claim to Harrenhal! And he is the Lord Protector of the Vale but will the Lords answer his call if he calls the Banners? No. Plus Vale would probably be involved in the North!

So to sum it all up, Long may he Reign King Aegon Targaryen,  Sixth of his name, The Only Dragon that We Need!!

I could see Aegon "winning" and finishing the series alive and on the IT. Maybe it's not the most likely scenario but it's one to consider.

I see 3 heads of the dragon and I see 3 central conflicts in the book. Jon will have his battle to defeat the night. Danny will have her battle to end slavery and remake Slavers' Bay. Aegon will have his battle for the Iron Throne.

If we see TWOW as setting up the final confrontations, then the book could end by setting up: Jon v The Others, Danny v Volantis, Aegon v Euron*.

TWOW, then would just need to eliminate the other lines or merge them into those 3 battles. This also handles the timeline issue for Danny getting back to Westeros in time for the book to end by ADOS. If Aegon's success makes Danny feel the need to conquer Westeros is less, she can focus on her issues with slavery and go about not being such a tedious read.

*we joke that Aegon and Euron were kind of late editions to the books to be such central characters. it'd be fitting for them to fight each other. Even more fitting because they'd be late-adds fighting for the original throne, and the originals are fighting for "thrones" added later in the book.

• 5 months later...

What would be funny if Aegon VI was real after all. All this speculations about Blackfyre and him being fake would be red herring swimming belly up.

Queen of Essos - Dany

King of Westeros - Aegon

King in the North - Jon

Aegon will be crowned in the Oldtown, seat himself in Dragonstone and ride Rheagal.

3 heads of the dragon will fight the Others, that is what I say.

• 10 months later...

I think Tommen will die quickly and maybe (f)Myrcella too, the Lannister-Tyrell alliance would break apart, so the tyrells join (f)Aegon

On 5.6.2016 at 0:36 AM, LordImp said:

- Where will he head after Storms end?

Kings landing, with Mace tyrell at his side

- Love interest ?

Margaery, although "love" is the wrong word, Marriage interest fits better

- Will he survive Winds of winter? 

Yes, would be boring to have him die shortly after joining the game

On 6/4/2016 at 11:36 PM, LordImp said:

What can we expect from Aegon in the upcoming book. 

The biggest possibilty IMO is that he saves Oldtown from Euron and thus gets the support of the Hightowers and is declared King just as Aegon the conqueror was . 

Or will he perhaps march on Kings landing , forcing Cersei to burn down the city .

- Love interest ?

Most likely Aegon will marry Arianne and get the support of Dorne. But i have also seen suggestions that he will fall in love with Elia Sand.

And will there be some kind of relationship between him and Sansa?

Agreeing with all this but, I know it was a speculative question but nope, I think Sansa's fate is something else.  He will certainly sit on the IT, possibly (in fact IMHO likely) in Winds, but he is "too perfect" in the way he has been described and okay, I well know the show is not the same but the ending will be pretty similar, he is out of the show and many books' fans suspect him fake, even the text points there (arguably).  I think Sansa is a bigger fish than Aegon.  I doubt she will be Queen of Westeros but certainly an important lady but Aegon is not in her radar right now and likely to be out of the picture by the time she could have been on his radar...

Nope, or only briefly in ADOS (Aegon's survival).  I am also sure that his true identity will be revealed to the reader in an incontrovertible way, although not necessarily to the characters.

Now, sorry to disappoint and we all have favourites lol but if he were to sit the IT (assuming the IT still stands at the end) I would burn the books.  Okay, my personal opinion lol but this guy has had like two paragraphs about him and two lines of dialogue (okay, exaggerating but still...).  We don't know who he is (not just re parentage), he turned up out of the blue well into the story... If George is choosing the winner to be a new-comer which I frankly find impossible to bond with (due to both lack of distinctive description, other than "perfect prince"), never mind the fact that he appears bland but entitled lol even in the little we have seen of him (but this could be just my perception).  To me he smells of "plot device."

I could well be wrong and I know I feel very strongly anti-Aegon.  Reasons, as above, new comer (but I like some new comers like say, minor character Myranda Royce - not that I expect her to seat the IT any time soon lol).  Now Aegon leaves me totally unsatisfied (could just be me).  With the main characters, hate them or love them, we get a feeling for them (Ned and his honour even if stupid, Cersei and her ambition even if stupid, Tyrion's gregarious and dissolute personality, Stannis' rigidness...).  I get absolutely nothing from Aegon, not even a crumb of bread personality wise.  Okay, it could be argued that George is leaving the best for last but that would be just soooo anti-climatic!!!  I mean we got POV upon point of view from the others, even Theon on his redemption path, the Hound through others and then we get this wishy-washy two liner... On the throne yes, and reasons given in this thread why I very much agree with but ADOS winner, over my dead body lol

I do understand that you guys said "never say never" (i.e. Aegon permanently in the IT)  but didn't consider it likely either.

By the way, this is a reply to the thread in general, not meant as a response to you alone.  Sorry I clicked on it to reply ;)

In fact, although I am not saying this is the case necessarily, it appears to me that he could be an afterthought on George's part when he got himself into a difficult time line and needed a delay for POV characters like Jon, Tyrion, Dany etc to be done with whatever they had to before their plots converged... Also, possibly a way to expose Vary's ultimate plan (which I don't think is backing this kid...)

For Aegon, fake or real to be "end game" it would be tantamount to ending a murder mystery a la Agatha Christie with, say 12 credible suspects, having the murderer be a random passer-bye.  His lack of exposure, the fact that that the author has taken little effort showing us who he is as a person is what I would find so massively disappointing were he to be the overall ruler.  George still has time to delve into Aegon but, to me, too little, too late.

On 6/4/2016 at 11:36 PM, LordImp said:

The biggest possibilty IMO is that he saves Oldtown from Euron and thus gets the support of the Hightowers and is declared King just as Aegon the conqueror was . 

Or will he perhaps march on Kings landing , forcing Cersei to burn down the city .

- Love interest ?

Most likely Aegon will marry Arianne and get the support of Dorne. But i have also seen suggestions that he will fall in love with Elia Sand.

Saving Old Town will definitely be a good move on his part.  Now a lot depends re KL on how Cersei's trial goes...

On 6/8/2016 at 11:32 AM, The Drunkard said:

A Tyrell army is marching down from KL according to the Arianne chapter, presumably lead by Mace (given he wanted to destroy Connington in the epilogue), so I imagine Mace will bungle it and Connington and co. will win a great victory, and then have a relatively clear path to the capital. The Faith will declare for Aegon (as the Tyrell-Lannister group are tainted), and he'll have the city. 

After that, I'm not sure. If the slayer of lies thing means that Dany must kill him, he needs to remain relatively powerful for the actual slaying to be meaningful, so he can't get wrecked by Euron too early.

slayer of lies could simply mean that she disproves him, not necessarily kill him IMHO

On 6/4/2016 at 6:36 PM, LordImp said:

- Love interest ?

The big question, I think, is his true identity, and whether his claimed identity is widely accepted, and even more importantly, how does he fit into the overall plot of the George's tale. 

We can assume from what we have read so far, and from the leaked 1993 letter from the George to his publisher, that ASOIAF consists of three main conflicts: the Stark-Lannister struggle, the return of The Targaryen, and the struggle with the Others. 

The first conflict was at the heart of the War of the Five Kings. House Stark were the protagonists, and House Lannister were the antagonists, but the lines were blurred by several characters, notably Sansa, at least until the Ned lost his head, and Tyrion, and more recently Jaime after he recued Brienne at Harrenhal. At the end of Storm, which appears to mark the end of the first act of the trilogy that the George originally intended to write but grew in the telling, Petyr Baelish was revealed to be the big bad in the first main conflict. 

The George has strongly suggested that the second conflict will comprise a Second Dance of the Dragons, and that will most likely correspond to the return of The Targaryen. 

And he has suggested that the third conflict will culminate in the prophesied War for the Dawn mentioned by Aemon near the end of Storm. 

Going back to the second main conflict-- the return of The Targaryen and the Second Dance of the Dragons--Daenerys is clearly the protagonist (unless, perhaps, it's Jon). But she needs an antagonist, and it won't be a dance of dragons unless she fights another Targaryen. So, unless it turns out to be a struggle between Daenerys and Jon, Aegon will be the antagonist. But, red or black, a dragon is still a dragon. Unless you think Aegon is the real deal and destined to rule the Seven Kingdoms, he is likely the mummer's dragon--the one that Daenerys saw in the House of the Undying Ones, and the one that the storyteller has introduced for the protagonist to fight. And in a role similar to that of Petyr in the first main conflict, I expect Illyrio and Varys to be revealed as the big bad in the second main conflict. 

On 6/7/2016 at 3:57 AM, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

I think it's absurd that Arriane would need to marry him to earn Dorne's support. If he is Ellia's son. Unless they know he's a fraud, but see's him as their best option. 

I suspect that Arianne's purposeis to seduce Aegon and set up the treason Daenerys will know for love. 

I like to think someone like Randyll Tarly will be savvy enough to either already plan to align himself with Aegon, or be aligned already. Cersei goes nuts like Aerys. Randyll hands Aegon KL like Tywin. 

I suspect that the Last Storm from TWOIAF foreshadows Jon Connington defeating Mace Tyrell between Storm’s End and Bronzegate, with Randyll Tarly and his heir, Dickon, being killed in the conflict

The latest sample chapter seemed to imply that Euron genuinely went to Valyria. He has a Valryian Steel suit. I think he's got more important things to do than prove Aegon's worthiness. 

The app hints otherwise, since it reveals that Euron obtained the dragon binding horn from the Warlocks, not Valyria. 

On 6/7/2016 at 8:18 PM, JLE said:

I think Aegon will take the throne briefly but be killed by Euron when Euron gets power over a dragon: the question of his legitimacy and descent will end up being irrelevant. Cersei may survive and outlive him by the good fortune of having been driven out of the city by Aegon.

Imagine it... Aegon and forces drive Cersei out of King's Landing. He is getting ready for his coronation - and to attempt to dismiss rumours that he's a fake... And a dragon appears in the sky. The people begin to cheer: a harbinger of the return of the dragons perhaps, and the end of the wars, perhaps a symbol of good luck?

It stops. It hovers over the public square where Aegon is receiving his crown from the High Septon.

Then... one single blast of fire. BOOM. Goodbye Aegon, goodbye High Septon, and indeed, goodbye most of King's Landing, because of all the stored wildfire Cersei left behind that she never got the chance to set off. The dragon is Rhaegal, mastered by the horn, and his controller is Euron because Victarion failed to break his binding over the horn. Aegon's dragon - Daenerys - was "too far away from the centre of the action and unable to save him", as foreshadowed in his loss to Tyrion at cyvasse. Euron lands in the smoking wreckage of the city - the Throne itself being one of the few things that has survived intact - and none dare oppose him.

Then Daenerys arrives back, and the dragons begin to dance, and wherever the dragons dance, the people die...

If that scenario unfolds, how would Daenerys slay the lie of the mummer's dragon? 

On 6/8/2016 at 6:32 AM, The Drunkard said:

A Tyrell army is marching down from KL according to the Arianne chapter, presumably lead by Mace (given he wanted to destroy Connington in the epilogue), so I imagine Mace will bungle it and Connington and co. will win a great victory, and then have a relatively clear path to the capital. The Faith will declare for Aegon (as the Tyrell-Lannister group are tainted), and he'll have the city. 

After that, I'm not sure. If the slayer of lies thing means that Dany must kill him, he needs to remain relatively powerful for the actual slaying to be meaningful, so he can't get wrecked by Euron too early.

I think Euron's purpose is to put Aegon into a very tight spot, from which Daenerys will have to rescue her presumed nephew, just as Tyrion suggested would happen. 

38 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I think Euron's purpose is to put Aegon into a very tight spot, from which Daenerys will have to rescue her presumed nephew, just as Tyrion suggested would happen. 

Euron can win all the naval battles in the world. How is he going to be a threat to the IT?

He lacks an army. He has about 10K IB and probably a lot of them not even like him...

I like to think that euron is the Corsair king and that he is using the IB to open the way for his true army. However he needs some legitimacy to aim for the IT because no westerosi likes him... And he knows about dragons so I guess euron's first objective is to find information about dragons and how to control them because it is useless to fight for the IT when danny can arrive at any moment with 3 dragons...

So I guess euron will be too ocupied destroying the naval forces of westeros, reading information about dragons and looking for magical artifacts (or knowledge) and preparing his real army for him to be fighting Aegon.

Aegon's fate...

On his deathbed, Ser Aegor Rivers had famously commanded his men to boil the flesh from his skull, dip it in gold, and carry it before them when they crossed the sea to retake Westeros. His successors had followed his example.

The Lost Lord, Dance 24

North of Yi Ti, the windswept plains and rolling hills that stretch from the Golden Empire's frontiers to the desolate shores of the shivering sea are dominated by a race of mounted warriors called the Jogos Nhai. Like the Dothraki...

...A thousand rival clans joined together and raised up a jhattar [the jhat of jhats and war leader of the whole people], a woman in man's mail named Zhea the barren...

...Zhea isolated each of Lo Bu's thirteen armies ... and destroyed them each in turn...

...Amongst the slain was Lo Bu himself... When his severed head was presented to Zhea, she commanded that the flesh be stripped from the bone, so that his skull might be dipped in gold and made into her drinking cup. From that time to this, every jhattar of the Jogos Nhai has drunk fermented zorse milk from the gilded skull of the Boy Too Bold By Half...

The Plains of the Jogos Nhai, TWOIAF

But that will be at the end. Before that, Daenerys’s womb will quicken again, and she will bear a living child, and her son will sit the Iron Throne...

When her son sat the Iron Throne, she would see that he had bloodriders of his own to protect him against treachery in his Kingsguard.

Daenerys IV, Game 36

Her son will be Aegon’s...

Drogo's braid was black as midnight and heavy with scented oil, hung with tiny bells that rang softly as he moved. It swung well past his belt, below even his buttocks, the end of it brushing against the back of his thighs.

"You see how long it is?" Viserys said. "When Dothraki are defeated in combat, they cut off their braids in disgrace, so the world will know their shame. Khal Drogo has never lost a fight. He is Aegon the Dragonlord come again, and you will be his queen."

Daenerys I, Game 3

The dragon has three heads. There are two men in the world who I can trust, if I can find them. I will not be alone then. We will be three against the world, like Aegon and his sisters.

Daenerys VI, Storm 71 (emphasis in the original)

Five Aegons had ruled the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. There would have been a sixth, but the Usurper’s dogs had murdered her brother’s son when he was still a babe at the breast. If he had lived, I might have married him.

Daenerys I, Dance 2 (emphasis in the original)

"I told you, I know our little queen. Let her hear that her brother Rhaegar's murdered son is still alive, that this brave boy has raised the dragon standard of her forebears in Westeros once more, that he is fighting a desperate war to avenge his father and reclaim the Iron Throne for House Targaryen, hard-pressed on every side … and she will fly to your side as fast as wind and water can carry her. You are the last of her line, and this Mother of Dragons, this Breaker of Chains, is above all a rescuer. The girl who drowned the slaver cities in blood rather than leave strangers to their chains can scarcely abandon her own brother's son in his hour of peril. And when she reaches Westeros, and meets you for the first time, you will meet as equals, man and woman, not queen and supplicant. How can she help but love you then, I ask you?"

Tyrion VI, Dance 22

The love won’t last, of course...

It was then that pasty, pudgy Teora raised her eyes from the creamcakes on her plate.  "It is dragons."     

"Dragons?"  said her mother.  "Teora, don't be mad."

"I'm not.  They're coming."

"How could you possibly know that?" her sister asked, with a note of scorn in her voice.  "One of your little dreams?"

Teora gave a tiny nod, chin trembling.  "They were dancing.  In my dream.  And everywhere the dragons danced the people died."

Arianne I, Winds

And Daenerys will vanquish Aegon...

“The first head devours the dying, and the reborn emerge from the third. I don't know what the middle head's supposed to do.”

The Ugly Little Girl, Dance 64

Daenerys was the first head. Aegon, red with rust, is revealed to be the second. Jon will be revealed to be the third. Although a dragon is still a dragon whether it is black or red, Aegon is the mummer’s dragon...

"What is a mummer's dragon, pray?"

"A cloth dragon on poles," Dany explained. "Mummers use them in their follies, to give the heroes something to fight."

Daenerys V, Clash 63

And Daenerys will slay the fraud...

A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd. ... mother of dragons, slayer of lies...

Daenerys IV, Clash 48

So, the wee red and black Targlet will live, but Daenerys won’t...

... three fires must you light ... one for life and one for death and one to love ...

Daenerys IV, Clash 48

The last fire Daenerys will light will be the one that is lit to consume her lifeless body after she dies giving birth to her child, a fire to love.

Drogo will not return to Daenerys, but Daenerys will return to Drogo.

As to the three mounts she must ride, "one to bed and one dread and one to love," most of us suspect the first is her silver with Drogo to the grassy place beside a small stream, and that the second is Drogo’s namesake Drogon. Well, you know what? The third one just might be the smoky stallion Daenerys will ride to join her sun-and-stars in the Night Lands.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2016 at 9:52 AM, Lord_Ravenstone said:

It definitely has to be Daenerys who kills Aegon. 

As PQ says, "Aegon's story is a fantasy story within another fantasy story that won't let it succeed because it wasn't earned."

When two fantasy protagonists clash for the lead role one of them has to kill the other one.

Euron is a horror story invading the fantasy story.

Euron's story is going nowhere. Remember this is GRRM's creation. Just as soon as Euron has developed some great plan that everyone agrees is foolproof and awesome, boom!, he'll slip on a patch of the deck being soaped up by one of his mutes and fall overboard, hitting his head on an orca on the way down, which will then chomp his balls off. Oh, and it'll be his wedding day.

Or, alternately, life will imitate art, and GRRM will slip on a bar of soap in the shower and we won't get the end of the story.

5 hours ago, Talking Hodor said:

Euron's story is going nowhere. Remember this is GRRM's creation. Just as soon as Euron has developed some great plan that everyone agrees is foolproof and awesome, boom!, he'll slip on a patch of the deck being soaped up by one of his mutes and fall overboard, hitting his head on an orca on the way down, which will then chomp his balls off. Oh, and it'll be his wedding day.

Or, alternately, life will imitate art, and GRRM will slip on a bar of soap in the shower and we won't get the end of the story.

Too much foreshadowing. Moquorro even calls out Euron as Dany's most dangerous enemy.

It's like people expect Euron to be villainous Quentyn when it's actually Victarion that is Quentyn's counterpart. 

The closest Dornish counterpart to Euron is Doran in role and Oberyn in personality.

20 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Too much foreshadowing. Moquorro even calls out Euron as Dany's most dangerous enemy.

It's like people expect Euron to be villainous Quentyn when it's actually Victarion that is Quentyn's counterpart. 

The closest Dornish counterpart to Euron is Doran in role and Oberyn in personality.

Rhaego was supposed to be the stallion who mounts the world. Trust not in prophecy, my friend, it is like a treacherous woman...

10 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Rhaego was supposed to be the stallion who mounts the world. Trust not in prophecy, my friend, it is like a treacherous woman...

Robb and Greywind literally walked into feast of the dead riddled with arrows in Tywin's dream. 

Rhaego was the Stallion that Mounts the World but as Melisandre says, the future can be averted.

13 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Robb and Greywind literally walked into feast of the dead riddled with arrows in Tywin's dream. 

Rhaego was the Stallion that Mounts the World but as Melisandre says, the future can be averted.

Tywin's dream? I don't recall that. Do you mean Theon's dream?

And yes, the future can be averted, which is why we should not read too much into Moqorro's visions. Right now, he may be Dany's biggest enemy, but like @Talking Hodor said, he could be dead tomorrow.

4 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Tywin's dream? I don't recall that. Do you mean Theon's dream?

And yes, the future can be averted, which is why we should not read too much into Moqorro's visions. Right now, he may be Dany's biggest enemy, but like @Talking Hodor said, he could be dead tomorrow.

Yes, Theon's dream.

You have to try to avert it though and even then it's not foolproof.

Like Rhaego doesn't become the Stallion that Mounts the World but Daenerys does in his place. 

Archived