"Fair Game: The critical universe around Game of Thrones" - [Finally]

JonCon's Red Beard

4 minutes ago, StepStark said:

Now please translate all that to some real life situation and you'll see how ridiculous that is. To your help, some posters already did that in this thread. You just have to read those posts.

What is ridiculous about it?

The only way it say it is ridiculous is to demostrate in the show that Robb is exclusive to the Old God's and in matter honor the Seven.  The show did none of that and showed the Seven being practice within the Stark family as a whole.

Just now, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Read other posters comments. I'm not interested.

You replied, so I thought you are interested. In case you want to reply again, just tell me when did Robb convert to The Seven? I definitely missed it.

2 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

What is ridiculous about it?

The only way it say it is ridiculous is to demostrate in the show that Robb is exclusive to the Old God's and in matter honor the Seven.  The show did none of that and showed the Seven being practice within the Stark family as a whole.

What are you talking about? Who among Starks, other than Cat, practiced The Seven?

2 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

I wish you could understand how absurd you sound when you sit there and care about throw away details that don't even conflict with on screen continuity. Someone who was unsullied would have ZERO way of seeing this "problem" with the wedding the type.

Yes, but that is what show fans say about everything.

The show wrote an entire scene around 'only 2 necklaces in Westeros' when Sansa was wearing the same necklace in multiple episodes in season 1. If that isn't an incredible level of sloppy, I don't know what is.  It doesn't matter that most of the audience may not recall this, it matters that it was a blatant error that they wrote a scene around.

People have gone over in minute detail that the Sansa in Winterfell plot makes no sense for anyone involved, but the response is simple denial. In fact, this year it makes even less sense because we now find out that the Boltons have a solid hold on the North and the Northern lords don't give two fucks about returning a Stark to winterfell.  Thats some kind of double, triple plot hole action.

I was told that you can now ride to the Wall from Winterfell in 1 or 2 days, LMAO, as a way to excuse the terrible sequence of Stannis/Mel/Sansa.

Cumulatively, these many errors and plot holes and logic fails add up to a problem.

1 minute ago, StepStark said:

You replied, so I thought you are interested. In case you want to reply again, just tell me when did Robb convert to The Seven? I definitely missed it.

Im not interested in the topic. Its irrelevant to whether the show is good or not. Everyone of your comments just highlights the problem with the documentary so thank you for that, you've been incredibly helpful throughout this whole conversation.

1 minute ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Im not interested in the topic. Its irrelevant to whether the show is good or not. Everyone of your comments just highlights the problem with the documentary so thank you for that, you've been incredibly helpful throughout this whole conversation.

Are you sure you know what "irrelevant" means?

About my comments, what problems they highlight exactly?

14 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yes, but that is what show fans say about everything.

The show wrote an entire scene around 'only 2 necklaces in Westeros' when Sansa was wearing the same necklace in multiple episodes in season 1. If that isn't an incredible level of sloppy, I don't know what is.  It doesn't matter that most of the audience may not recall this, it matters that it was a blatant error that they wrote a scene around.

People have gone over in minute detail that the Sansa in Winterfell plot makes no sense for anyone involved, but the response is simple denial. In fact, this year it makes even less sense because we now find out that the Boltons have a solid hold on the North and the Northern lords don't give two fucks about returning a Stark to winterfell.  Thats some kind of double, triple plot hole action.

I was told that you can now ride to the Wall from Winterfell in 1 or 2 days, LMAO, as a way to excuse the terrible sequence of Stannis/Mel/Sansa.

Cumulatively, these many errors and plot holes and logic fails add up to a problem.

Because a ton of the rants are about things that 1) don't matter at all or 2) rely on book knowledge to make a supposed conflict. Often both at once.

Seven hells, you telling me that a show REUSED A PROP? 0/10. NEVER AGAIN. This sort of small continuity error is essentially unavoidable. The writer puts in a scene that says that it's a two of a kind necklace, but then the prop guy finds a necklace that was accidentally used before. This sort of thing happens all productions. Props get reused. Props get moved between takes. Even notice that the bad guys in Firefly wear the same armor as the guys in Starship Troopers? Mad Men sometimes had props in scenes that shouldn't have been invented or released yet, and it was noted for its attention to detail.

"Incredible level of sloppy" makes you seem absurd. .001% of the viewers notice that error. There are probably 10X as many errors happening that nobody sees.

The show isn't 24. It doesn't happen in real time. Neither do the books. Cat rides between WF and KL between chapters in AGOT. Your lack of imagination isn't a plot hole.

Just now, StepStark said:

But that was before, it's irrelevant!

Of course.  It's all irrelevant.  LOL.  The only thing relevant is that the show is popular and doesn't get criticized for it's failures and there is not a single failure, error, plot hole, anything that is important, in fact, these things don't really exist, abracadabra, and 3 paragraphs of explaining make them disappear, until the next time.  But, that's changing.  I've seen more critical analysis this year than even last year, which was I think objectively a worse season by far than this one.  

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Oh yes they did.

Nope. What was said was that Sansa left for the Wall at most 2 days after Mel left for the Wall which explains why she arrived there 2 days after Mel did.  For some reason you seemed to not be able to grasp this concept and concluded that people were saying that Winterfell to the Wall was a 2 day trip.

1 minute ago, StepStark said:

Are you sure you know what "irrelevant" means?

About my comments, what problems they highlight exactly?

You are the living embodiment of Miodrags complaints within the documentary, and thats been fantastic because he's not here himself. The angry obsession over minor details, the inability to have a sense of perspective or understanding of other people who aren't you, that sense of persecution and being unappreciated.  That you have managed to bring all that to this 'discussion' has really helped this thread take off, so I really have to thank you for that. 

Its actually quite hard to illustrate exactly what the real issue with the documentary is if you haven't seen it. But these unreasonable arguments basically sum it up.

2 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

You are the living embodiment of Miodrags complaints within the documentary, and thats been fantastic because he's not here himself. The angry obsession over minor details, the inability to have a sense of perspective or understanding of other people who aren't you, that sense of persecution and being unappreciated.  That you have managed to bring all that to this 'discussion' has really helped this thread take off, so I really have to thank you for that. 

Its actually quite hard to illustrate exactly what the real issue with the documentary is if you haven't seen it. But these unreasonable arguments basically sum it up.

So the documentary is irrelevant too? And Miodrag's complaints too? By the way, I've seen it. If you remember, at the beginning of this thread, I pointed how false your claims about "conspiracy theory" are. And then I saw your exchange with Miodrag on his site today. It turned out there really wasn't any "conspiracy theory" and you were just reading into it, just like I said. How's that for highlighting the problems with showpologists?

Archived