Bold Prediction: Jaime's character arc will turn to his AFFC arc in the show

Robb_Warged

43 minutes ago, Ludo Kressh said:

Nope, watch the episode 8 preview. Cersei might spurn him, but he's so far up her ass now...

Yeah.  I'm disappointed.  Jaime is one of the best characters in the books largely for his transformation.  Why would the show not embrace that?

17 minutes ago, Robb_Warged said:

Yeah.  I'm disappointed.  Jaime is one of the best characters in the books largely for his transformation.  Why would the show not embrace that?

Because the show doesn't do characters, just like the books don't do plot anymore. So it all evens out. 

And if you guys did not notice, Blackfish mentioned his oath to bring Stark girls to safety as well as how he wanted to get a feel of what kind of man he is and how he was disappointed.

Of course, it is not "letter burning" kind of transformation start, but it is something.

Cersei will actively have to do something to make Jaime break with her at this point. The Queen of Thorns' line about "kill them all" coupled with the flashbacks of the wildfire plot and "burn them all" seem to come to mind. It doesn't hurt that he'll be reunited with his conscience next episode.

2 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Nope. The Jaime we have come to know only resides in the books now. The one on the show is a travesty.

I mean, they can try I suppose, but it won't work.

A travesty! I couldn't have said it better myself!

10 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Brienne killed (or so we thought) the Hound at the end of season 4. Stannis at the end of season 5. Jamie is as good as dead this season. Euron will get it in season 7.5 and the Night King in the grand finale. 

I don't believe that Jaime will be killed. What about the prophecy everyone bleats on about?

5 minutes ago, Jaime4Brienne said:

I don't believe that Jaime will be killed. What about the prophecy everyone bleats on about?

Open to interpretation as most prophecy is. Maybe it's Jaime, or maybe not. No where did it say it was HER brother that would kill her.

15 minutes ago, Jaime4Brienne said:

The prophecy can be Tyrion, the Hound, Tommen, or even Lancel. It's also been stated in the books that Valyrian can be asexual since dragons aren't male or female. So it could also be Arya or one of the Sand Snakes.

7 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

The prophecy can be Tyrion, the Hound, Tommen, or even Lancel. It's also been stated in the books that Valyrian can be asexual since dragons aren't male or female. So it could also be Arya or one of the Sand Snakes.

I don't believe in the prophecy (that it's Jaime). I just used that as an arguement against what you had to say, since so many people DO believe it.

2 minutes ago, Jaime4Brienne said:

I don't believe in the prophecy (that it's Jaime). I just used that as proof against what you had to say, since so many people DO believe it.

Oh. I get you. I missed the subtle sarcasm you had in there. Jamie being the one almost seems too easy. Show Jamie is really caught up in Cersei's web. It'll be interesting how he responds to seeing Brienne again. He sure didn't seem to give a damn about the Blackfish calling him on his promise to Cat. Then the preview for next week showed him doubling down on his love for Cersei to Edmure. Just feels like they're bringing Jamie and Cersei to a tragic close this season. Plus it'll free up some big payroll for cgi dragons and WW's. Maybe even a Wolfpack...

Archived