[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

1 hour ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Fack that shiet. If I would be Theon, I would take knife and cut my throat on eyes of Yara the Worst Sister Ever and spit in her face as i would be dying.

seriously, I've never seen such coldness lol
these dudes think that writing powerful women means they have to be complete bitches

First the 'allah akbar' in Danny's scene and then the 'Sandra' moment in Lyanna Mormont scene, I feel like they abandoned the checking process this season, so it's true that showrunners lost interest in the show! I don't blame them, if I spent 10 years of my life on making a show I'll be eager to finish it to move to other projects, I think even the actors want to break free

3 hours ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

But that's exactly what happened between Illyrio and Tyrion in the books...

Oof...No. Framing really, really matters.

Tyrion had experienced a very different kind of trauma and abuse over his life leading up to the murder of his father (which was rather traumatic whether he admits it to himself or not)...mostly by this point he seems to be suffering from a very deep depression, and one that definitely continues well after he parts from Illyrio (remember the horrible storm and shipwreck when he felt like he was actually fearing for his life again? remember how he held onto those poison mushrooms and would still think about them?). Whatever Illyrio was intending to do with his mushroom stunt (whether it's just "sober up" or, indeed, an attempt to get Tyrion to "snap out of" depression), it was not framed as effective therapy (Tyrion still had a prettyyyy long psychological journey after that for like...the rest of ADWD. And he was still heavily drinking throughout most of that). And all of that still bears very little resemblance to telling someone with severe PTSD that they need to get better immediately or kill themselves. You can't just swap out one mental illness for another and say they work the same way or will be experienced the same way. GRRM intimately seems to understand that in his writing (just compare Theon and Tyrion chapters in ADWD!)

1 hour ago, Future Null Infinity said:

First the 'allah akbar' in Danny's scene and then the 'Sandra' moment in Lyanna Mormont scene, I feel like they abandoned the checking process this season, so it's true that showrunners lost interest in the show! I don't blame them, if I spent 10 years of my life on making a show I'll be eager to finish it to move to other projects, I think even the actors want to break free

I saw someone else mention the allah akbar thing. When did that happen? 

17 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I saw someone else mention the allah akbar thing. When did that happen? 

in danny speech :

at  0:51, you can clearly hear a man shouting 'allah akbar' in the background, I'm sure it  wasn't in the script and it's just an extra playing the funny man because 'allah akbar' is very popular on the internet (especially in the videos about the syrian war)

32 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

in danny speech :

at  0:51, you can clearly hear a man shouting 'allah akbar' in the background, I'm sure it  wasn't in the script and it's just an extra playing the funny man because 'allah akbar' is very popular on the internet (especially in the videos about the syrian war)

Oh, good lord. Between this and bloodbags strapped to Arya, and Lady Mormont with "Sandra" and now people on other threads are saying Lady Mormont didn't just promise 62 good men, but Legions of men (LM promises her allegiance) ....  :bang::bang::bang:

If this season wins an award then you know a bunch of people fell in a plot hole and are being held hostage until voting is done.  

15 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Oh, good lord. Between this and bloodbags strapped to Arya, and Lady Mormont with "Sandra" and now people on other threads are saying Lady Mormont didn't just promise 62 good men, but Legions of men (LM promises her allegiance) ....  :bang::bang::bang:

If this season wins an award then you know a bunch of people fell in a plot hole and are being held hostage until voting is done.  

Wait, what? What is it with "didn't just promise 62 good men"? Could you explain? thx

Jon doing the EXACT same thing as Stannis-camping the same location, not waiting and attacking, attacking with inferior forces, Davos is there, Precocious pre teen, Strange woman.....

WHY WHY WHY

20 minutes ago, rayarts said:

Wait, what? What is it with "didn't just promise 62 good men"? Could you explain? thx

Yes, no prob. 

I was on another thread and the topic came up where it sounded as though Lady Mormont said Sandra instead of Sansa. It was then that another poster said Lady M didn't just give the beggar King 62 of her men, but that LM "promised legions" to The Starks. What LM actually said is that she "promises her allegiance". It all boils down to dialects many aren't used to (unless LM was purposely dragging Sansa which I would love) or something that should have been tweeked in editing. 

On 07/06/2016 at 10:08 PM, Simon Steele said:

Maybe it was posted here and I missed it, but did you guys know one of the Riverlands massacre guys was Lem Lemoncloak? Like seriously, he is going around murdering people now?

If it hasn't been mentioned or discussed here is a link: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-6-lady-stoneheart-lemoncloak-brotherhood-without-banners-speculation-theory-a7068771.html

t

16 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yes, no prob. 

I was on another thread and the topic came up where it sounded as though Lady Mormont said Sandra instead of Sansa. It was then that another poster said Lady M didn't just give the beggar King 62 of her men, but that LM "promised legions" to The Starks. What LM actually said is that she "promises her allegiance". It all boils down to dialects many aren't used to (unless LM was purposely dragging Sansa which I would love) or something that should have been tweeked in editing. 

I made that mistake too. When Lyanna said, "you would want fighting men, apart from my allegiance", I heard it as legions and to me it made more sense. I thought they were talking about knights and sellswords as "fighting men" apart from the 100s of common soldiers who were the legions. However, in a later scene while counting, Jon and Davos talk about 62 men in total from Bear Island

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.6.2016 at 8:38 PM, Ser Patrick said:

Yep, It sure beats the youtube comments, Here, I don't have to worry about rabid show fans getting on my case.  Although... I guess that was half the fun.  Especially when it came to ( khaleesi ) fans. 

ha! Me too! I 've been reading in this forum as a guest for years - mostly book related stuff - but as the show continues to piss me off I signed up to rant & rave and vent my anger...with all these lovely like-minded people. It's like D&D redemption therapy ;o)

Archived