CLEGANEBOWL

22 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

KL is the last place Sandor would go.

Not willingly. But he could be captured and taken there, tried by the faith (since they hold the power now) and then recruited like Lancel. 

...However, I really hope that doesn't happen. I'd rather see him up north. The Hound likes running with the wolves.

3 minutes ago, Adam141414 said:

Not if he learns the power structure has changed, and religion has taken power from the crown. 

And?

Sandor Clegane, a man who probably still has a price on his head, is just going to decide to go to a city where everyone knows who he is and then what? He's going to carve a seven pointed star on his head and become an armed thug for the high septon?

I'm not buying it.

1 hour ago, Annarkie said:

I think Cleganebowl is going to happen in a different way. Because I think Cersei is going to get out of her trial somehow. My pet theory is that Cersei with send FrankenGregor after Sansa and Sandor will fight him then.

That's a possibility, or maybe he will get back into Arya's storyline. I don't pretend to understand how the credits are set up, but I did notice Rory's name was sandwiched between Sophie's and Maisie's. Does that mean anything? 

BTW, I would have no objection if The Hound pulled a Darth Vader-style choke on Littlefinger.

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

It's totally happening. He'll avenge himself on the Brotherhood Without Banners (though I'm wondering if that's really the Brave Companions pretending to be the BWOB), and then go back to the faith for repentence. From their, he'll be called as the champion at Cersei's trial. 

Their leader was totally Lem Lemoncloak. It was something I just casually noticed when the shot went on longer than I thought it should. I was just like "Woah." That cloak is really yellow and the show doesn't usually do colors too often. (Like Roose's pink for example.)

4 minutes ago, Aint Nuthin But A HoundDog said:

That's a possibility, or maybe he will get back into Arya's storyline. I don't pretend to understand how the credits are set up, but I did notice Rory's name was sandwiched between Sophie's and Maisie's. Does that mean anything? 

BTW, I would have no objection if The Hound pulled a Darth Vader-style choke on Littlefinger.

OMFG, I would LOVE that.

9 minutes ago, Annarkie said:

Not willingly. But he could be captured and taken there, tried by the faith (since they hold the power now) and then recruited like Lancel. 

...However, I really hope that doesn't happen. I'd rather see him up north. The Hound likes running with the wolves.

Why take him back? These hypothetical captors could just as easily lop off his head and present it to the crown for the 100 silver stag reward. Or, take him to Riverrun and present him to Jaime for execution.

It also seems to me that with the exception of the Ian McShane character, the faith of the seven doesn't have much of a presence in the river lands right now. 

13 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

And?

Sandor Clegane, a man who probably still has a price on his head, is just going to decide to go to a city where everyone knows who he is and then what? He's going to carve a seven pointed star on his head and become an armed thug for the high septon?

I'm not buying it.

He has long been assumed dead. Vary's is not the spymaster anymore. Cersei is preoccupied. No on in KL gives him any thought. 

If he went to KL, the HS would protect him. Moreover, the man who saved him, talked of 'greater purpose', so Sandor has clearly been inspired to do something bigger than himself. Having seen Joffrey abuse his power, and having shown disgust for the hypocrisy of knights (sworn to protect the weak, yet abusing the weak), his purpose may be to go to KL and help consolidate the HS's power, and rid Westoros of the power structures that prey on the weak. 

He ends up the HP's champion in Cersei's trial by combat. The only other storylines in Westoros other than KL, are in Riverrun, and the North - I dont see a place for him thier. Would be an anti-climax if all he does is hunt down the brotherhood without banners in the forests. 

4 minutes ago, Adam141414 said:

He has long been assumed dead. Vary's is not the spymaster anymore. Cersei is preoccupied. No on in KL gives him any thought. 

If he went to KL, the HS would protect him. Moreover, the man who saved him, talked of 'greater purpose', so Sandor has clearly been inspired to do something bigger than himself. Having seen Joffrey abuse his power, and having shown disgust for the hypocrisy of knights (sworn to protect the weak, yet abusing the weak), his purpose may be to go to KL and help consolidate the HS's power, and rid Westoros of the power structures that prey on the weak. 

He ends up the HP's champion in Cersei's trial by combat. 

I highly doubt he goes to KL, I don't think you can be anymore wrong. Yes, he has a higher purpose, the show foreshadowed that. Right now KL is a cesspool, devoid of anyone central to the plotline. It is becoming more and more like Dorne in its uselessness to the story every week. With Jamie and Olenna both gone, burn them all I say!

After Sandor dispatch's the goons without morals, I see him and Sansa re-uniting, heading to the riverlands, and then up north.

16 minutes ago, Adam141414 said:

He ends up the HP's champion in Cersei's trial by combat. The only other storylines in Westoros other than KL, are in Riverrun, and the North - I dont see a place for him thier. Would be an anti-climax if all he does is hunt down the brotherhood without banners in the forests. 

The assumption of his death (if that's even true) will quickly disappear the moment he shows up on their doorstep. Qyburn is the new spymaster and utterly loyal to Cersei. And Cersei is not so preoccupied that she won't order the execution of the sworn sword who abandoned her son during the battle of the blackwater and went on to kill Lannister soldiers in the river lands.

The HS might protect him, but that doesn't address the problem of why would he choose to travel there in the first place.  He's been in the river lands off the radar all this time.  He probably has no awareness of the high sparrow and if he does, the new HS could be a rich spoiled hypocrite just like all the others. So he's just going to decide to go there and serve him?

I think its fair to say that Sandor plays a pretty big role in the end game.   He had some pretty significant screen time this episode in a series FAST coming to a close.   I think its fair to say at a minimum that those 3 riders are going to get introduced very soon to the business end of that axe....

I dont think he will reunite with Sansa, because then he would be fighting for a house, and involving himself with the politics of Westeros. He gave up serving others the night when he went MIA from the battle of the black water. 

He has had an epiphany, and the foreshadowing from this episode, clearly indicates 'doing good' (with his sword) is what will guide him. He is going to fight for himself, not House Stark, or House Tulley. 

Maybe he might chase down the brotherhood without banners, but long term, I think he will confront his past - his brother, and his former masters in KL. 

There will be no Cleganebowl.  Not this season anyway.  The Queen of Thorns already foreshadowed what will happen with the Faith when she told Cersei you're surrounded by enemies. What are you gonna do "kill them all"?  Exactly. Wildfire the Sept is coming in episode 10. 

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

There will be no Cleganebowl.  Not this season anyway.  The Queen of Thorns already foreshadowed what will happen with the Faith when she told Cersei you're surrounded by enemies. What are you gonna do "kill them all"?  Exactly. Wildfire the Sept is coming in episode 10. 

The "Burn them all" flashbacks of Aerys and wildfire last episode would seem to hint at this. The only roadblock I can see to her doing that is Tommen. She'd have to completely give up on him and ever regaining power to initiate a wildfire plot.

Archived