She's back

Drayzen

43 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

“The dead are coming.”

—the prophet Ser Davos Seaworth

"The dead travel fast."

- Gottfried August Bürger

But I guess Stoneheart didn't get the memo because she's taking her sweet ass time. 

In any case, I knew they weren't going to bring back two "dead" characters in the same episode. If she does show up, I expect it'd be in the season finale or episode 9. 

1 hour ago, Lord Davos Seaworth said:

I for one thing it's going to happen, here's why:

1.) Why bring the Brotherhood back at all? The show is notorious for writing out arcs that aren't going to contribute to the grand finale, and I can't see the Brotherhood serving any significant role without LSH

2.) The show holds off introducing characters that don't play a big role until later on. Most notably this season was the altercation between Balon and Euron. If they did that in S3/4 viewers would just forget what happened. In the books, LSH has done nothing super significant yet, so it makes sense holding the big surprise rather than have had her at the end of S4 and then disappear for a season and a half.

3.) That was NOT the Brotherhood we met in S2 (or S3?). I always viewed them as a Robinhood like crew, the sheer brutality of their attack on innocents screams there has to be something much darker at their helm... Something that can only be the personified vengeance that is LSH.

Yeah, there must be SOME reason Jaime and Brienne are in the Riverlands.

I'm not saying it is LSH definitely, but obviously this arc is important. This is not Jaime in Dorne bullshit, this is going to be the real thing. We're going to get the book story in some form.

Just now, draft0 said:

Yeah, there must be SOME reason Jaime and Brienne are in the Riverlands.

I'm not saying it is LSH definitely, but obviously this arc is important. This is not Jaime in Dorne bullshit, this is going to be the real thing. We're going to get the book story in some form.

I think the Blackfish resurfaced basically to get Jaime away from King's Landing and to put Jaime and Brienne's relationship to the test, albeit in a much less dramatic fashion than in the books.

1 minute ago, Lord Lannister said:

I think the Blackfish resurfaced basically to get Jaime away from King's Landing and to put Jaime and Brienne's relationship to the test, albeit in a much less dramatic fashion than in the books.

No, it's more than that.

If we follow show logic Jaime should be fighting Dorne (lol) and Brienne should be up north with Sansa. The fact that the writers somehow contrived to get them together at Riverrun means something is coming.

It doesn't have to be LSH, but it's something.

27 minutes ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

I just said I thought it was Martin who actually said that, not the producers. Either way, as I said I won't believe it until I see it, but it would be really great if she does appear. 

Martin is billed as a "co-executive producer" — whatever that means.  He also said that if he had his way, she’d be in.

In any event, he has a fiduciary connection to the show’s success, and will not compromise that.

To me the whole hanging the septon thing only managed to tease that it might not have been the Brotherhood's doing.

If they are true followers of the Lord of Light they would've "purified the non-believer" instead of hanging him in a wooden structure.

3 minutes ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

To me the whole hanging the septon thing only managed to tease that it might not have been the Brotherhood's doing.

If they are true followers of the Lord of Light they would've "purified the non-believer" instead of hanging him in a wooden structure.

I'm wondering if people are making it more complicated than it really is. An incident to make Sandor sympathetic to the Faith and want to take up arms against their enemies. Random bandits work for that.

BwB had a sharp turn, IMO. So it may be our good old inconsistency in writing, or yes, a new leader. Or...

4 minutes ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

Yep, it might be not them at all. They were never saints, but still, just murdering smallfolk like that is just not their style. Also I feel the show would not have passed sucha a good chance to depict violence if it weren't for some mystery.

Yeah, I feel pretty sure that those "bandits" were not in fact the BWB. The stronger evidence for BWB/LSH is what appears to be Pod getting abuctded, setting up Brianne agreeing to turn over Jamie.(perhaps, that was as yet unresolved) I think those poor folks who killed "Septon Meribald" are about to be The Hound means business fodder.

55 minutes ago, 2fat2sitahorse said:

Yeah, I feel pretty sure that those "bandits" were not in fact the BWB. The stronger evidence for BWB/LSH is what appears to be Pod getting abuctded, setting up Brianne agreeing to turn over Jamie.(perhaps, that was as yet unresolved) I think those poor folks who killed "Septon Meribald" are about to be The Hound means business fodder.

They played the Lord of Light theme and your man, the leader of the trio, said the words made famous by a certain red priestess. They surely have to be the BwB.

Have to say, when I saw the hanging of McShane, it made me pause. I didn't even kop your man on first viewing wearing a lemony/yellowish cloak.

4 hours ago, FoyeTwenty Boston said:

I don't know about LSH being involved with the Brotherhood in the show. One of those 3 guys that road up to the Hound's group therapy session was a Frey. The one on the left had twin tower brooches holding on his cloak. It wouldn't make much sense for LSH to be allowing Frey men to live

Well, a Frey man wouldn't ride with the BwB. That could only be either a deserter or someone who got this brooche from a Frey - presumably a dead Frey. Totally makes sense.

The guy who was hanged first tells the story of how he killed a boy in front of his mothers eyes. And she was screaming his name. Sounds like what happend at the red wedding. Stoneheart heard it and got mad. Do yes this is for me the ultimite stoneheart forshadowing.

Sorry for my english

9 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

People will still be expecting LSH in season 8, won't they?  Just one of those things some fans can't let go of I guess.  

To be fair, I am still praying they hamfist Aegon into the storyline for seasons 7-8, so I'm no better. 

Yeah... Keep dreaming. Young Gryff really can't be included this far into the storyline.

Brienne meets a friend turned foe

How can it be Jaime if she already "meets" him in ep 8? To "meet" someone sounds like she encounters a person she did not see for a long time. Like the hound, except he was no friend...

Also from the looks of the preview of next episode. It looks like blackfish is getting LSH story line or its being split up amongst a few characters. Going to have to watch again but it looks like blackfish is sending Brienne to get(kill) Jamie 

I'm at the point where if they do it now I'll be mad bc of all of the missed opportunities of mentioning her/the brotherhood/rebels hanging Freys/whoever in the Riverlands since TRW. But, why incorporate that into valuable show time I guess when they can just trot out a 5 minute "Previously on GoT" before the LSH reveal episode, force feeding Catlyn Stark and TRW down our throats. 

Archived