Arya vs. the Waif

WolfQueenArya

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Not half so hard in the story as in the barking mad theories of fandom. 

This point is clear to me......

32 minutes ago, Fiery Heart said:

Maybe all of this is Nymeria's imagination of what Arya went on to do?

Arya is always enigma. I'm wandering if everything is going to be just as most people want or predict - reunion with Jon, Sansa, Nymeria, Hound or Gendry or maybe all of them plus Bran. There is much things to happen before the reunion with any of those characters would be possible and question is - how probably is that their paths will cross and that all of them will survive battles to come? We saw both in the books and in the show that characters rarely get to what they desire, often be destructed with on the way occasions and problems, almost always in life danger and outnumbered. 

I like to think she's gonna finish her death list first, and by that I mean Freys and Cersei in the first place, if second come true, she's gonna slay unGregor also. But further is hard to predict. For me of biggest importance in series from the begining 'till now will be Others entering south of the Wall. That would change the picture a lot, and could also change Arya's behaviour and thinking. So I'm guessing she's going to KL directly from Braavos.

On 6/6/2016 at 4:53 PM, Rubicante said:

There is one theory that nobody has considered at all.

The Arya who got stabbed in the episode is an imposter.  She is actually Aeron Greyjoy, the Damphair, in disguise.

LMAO. I laughed way too hard at this.

I dig the theory that its the Kindly Jaqen wearing Arya's face. As to why, you know...i dunno. Perhaps to test the Waif? That since Arya failed her training, the Waif trying to punish her and make her suffer would be failing hers? I just dont like the Fight Club theory because it seems kinda cheap.

On 6/5/2016 at 11:57 PM, WolfQueenArya said:

I just read some interesting theories that Arya has this secret plan, that she used a blood bag or an animal. Or Jaqen is being Arya here because she wasn't acting like her usual self and didn't have Needle. I think if one of these theories is true we will find out during this episode. Maybe we will finally get backstory of the Waif, Jaqen, etc before Arya goes back to Westeros. 

I wonder if this chase will be different scenes broken up. That would be pretty cool and Arya can finally have more screen time, which the character and storyline really need. 

I think the "blood bag" idea has merit. If Arya could trust anyone at this moment it would be the actress she saved, and it would be logical for her to draw the waif out with a "fine acting job", including walking the streets with blood coming from her stomach.  I have had the feeling that Jaquen H'gar has been putting Arya against the Waif this whole time...and I get the feeling also that one of the secrets to the "faceless men" is that there are very few of them, maybe only one at a time and Jaquen has been trying to train his replacement, as he is very old (think Melisandre) and the Jaquen face is just another mask... I think Arya somehow survives the waif-maybe killing her (is that REALLY Syria Forel behind the waif)- and either rejects the faceless men or even kills or offers a cup to Jaques and heads to Westeros.

On 6/6/2016 at 1:12 PM, SevasTra82 said:

The boat is leaving for Westeros the next morning, so things have to happen pretty darn quickly.  

Didn't the captain say the ship was leaving in two days? Then "Ayra" offered him money to leave earlier? That doesn't mean he will actually leave earlier.

That's how I remember it, but I am surely not an expert on any of this.

30 minutes ago, old_smith said:

I think the "blood bag" idea has merit. If Arya could trust anyone at this moment it would be the actress she saved, and it would be logical for her to draw the waif out with a "fine acting job", including walking the streets with blood coming from her stomach.  I have had the feeling that Jaquen H'gar has been putting Arya against the Waif this whole time...and I get the feeling also that one of the secrets to the "faceless men" is that there are very few of them, maybe only one at a time and Jaquen has been trying to train his replacement, as he is very old (think Melisandre) and the Jaquen face is just another mask... I think Arya somehow survives the waif-maybe killing her (is that REALLY Syria Forel behind the waif)- and either rejects the faceless men or even kills or offers a cup to Jaques and heads to Westeros.

Yea I think it's either Arya wearing a blood bag to draw out the Waif (as she knows she's coming for her) or Jaqen wearing Arya's face to test the Waif.  Either theory revolves around deception (of both the Waif AND the audience).  Definitely going to be the downfall of the Waif in t-minus 1 hour.  As far as only one FM at a time that isn't the case, as there is a congregation or meeting of various FM in Braavos in the HoBaW discussing contracts (in the book).  As to rejection of the FM, I think it is a possibility, as she returns to Westeros as a Stark.  But I don't think she'll kill Jaqen or take any vengeance.  She's learned valuable skills with the FM.  I'm thinking that maybe she becomes a sort of sleeper cell in Westeros, or maybe even the names on her list are taken off one by one if she indeed becomes a FM, or "no one," as the episode suggests.  

Have to say I am disappointed too. I really didn't want to believe that it was all bad writing! And director one too... Couldn't have Maisie said something that it wouldn't have been in her character to be that stupid in ep 7? Anyways a lot of you were right that she went to Lady Crane. We do know however that Arya is a much better fighter and knows how to take faces off of bodies! So that may come into play! Jaqen looked rather proud of Arya too. I wonder if we will see him again? The chase scene was really intense and fun to watch! Arya went to her hideout where Needle was and led the Waif to her demise. RIP Lady Crane...

did anyone notice if Arya healed herself with the pool water? It looked liked she may have because how otherwise does she survive that sort of stab wound? 

7 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

The chase scene was really intense and fun to watch! 

It reminded me of that Point Break chase scene, very Hollywood generic chase scene in the streets.

Probably fun to film but didnt seem like something a Faceless Man Assassin would do.

What a joke.  Everything that show has revealed to us was just false.  An assassin should be professional yet the waif seemed to take great joy in killing Arya.  No-one is removed from their feelings when they kill yet the waif acted quite satisfied.  You never get a contract on someone you know, yet the Waif got Arya,  This just makes no sense - what on earth was the point of the entire house of B&W????

8 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

So you're saying the other actress who played Arya in disguise, has a non-fitting face? What?

It was another actress. Then a special effect. It is fascinating how our brains, imaginations, and expectations, see what it wants to see, to the point you were convinced you were seeing a mask - but go watch it again. There is no miss-fitting mask.

Arya knows how to use the faces just fine.

I don't have to go watch it again, thats why you had to only quote part of my post and not address the whole thing.  Arya did not magically attach the mask, she physically removed it when she took it off, in all of the scenes where the FM or the waif change faces the face just dissolves, they don't actually remove the physical skin.

Archived