The North storyline is worse then Dorne

Dorne gets alot flak for being the "worst storyline in Game of Thrones" but I submit that that plotline in the North as of tonight is the worst. The characters actions make no sense for example tonight why when talking to Moremont doesn't Jon show her Longclaw? Her family's sword showing how much Jeor respected him? Or how about Karstark and Smalljon? Ramsay is a bastard with no blood claim but these two volunteer to be his sidekicks. Jon is running around moaning about how bad the Boltons are and how he has no men when he did nothing to help the guy last year with an army. The plot is lazy as all hell and very telegraphed (Davos: oh we should stay at the same place Stannis was ambushed that's a good idea. Oh hey what's that burnt wood over there?). An worse they ruined one of the books and show's famous sayings. How in good faith can you say "The North Remembers" after this episode? No Northern of any influence are helping Jon against the Boltons

The north remember means nothing. There is no honor, there is no loyalty and it is a huge crapfest. Starks??? Oh they must be those traitorous bastards who tried to go against Carol so hey all deserve to die. 

With Dorne, apparently all of the other houses are non existent, whereas in the north, all other houses are surprisingly retconned back in just to act the exact opposite way they should. 

The north remembers... To change their underwear. 

YES the North story-line is bad BUT is it really as bad as that stupid story-line to bring back The Hound..

Who the hell are they kidding for introducing a bunch of tree hugging hippies who cant and wont defend themselves..

They deserved to die...

at least they put an abrupt end to some shit story writing instead of dragging that crap out for 2 more episodes.
G.

And how is Jon going to show Longclaw? "Hi, this is your House's ancestral sword. I'm keeping it" or " Hi, this is your House's ancestral sword. Give us your men and I'll give it back"

The Karstarks and Umbers are well explained. The Mormonts are expended. Glover is kind of right, and in any case, he's more afraid of Ramsay that he would ever be of Sansa or Jon. The Starks have no retinue of their own and, at this point, are beggars.

The show is setting the differences of opinions between Sansa and Jon, the divided leadership, the mistrust and the need for powerful armies to raise for them - Manderly and the Vale, and the second one definitely isn't coming for free.

58 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Ok Dorne might be still might be "the worst" but Dorne in the books was still a minor plot while the North is probably the most talked about and loved storylines form all of ASOIAF. So to see this storyline be as badly botched as it was is infuriating

This.  I think Dorne is the worst part of the show (so far), but the northern storyline is definitely the most disappointing for the reasons you mentioned.  With the material they had to work with it could have been really great.  But, I have a feeling it is only going to get worse, so by the end of this season it may in fact overtake Dorne as the worst part of the show. 

2 minutes ago, Pies are coming said:

And how is Jon going to show Longclaw? "Hi, this is your House's ancestral sword. I'm keeping it" or " Hi, this is your House's ancestral sword. Give us your men and I'll give it back"

The Karstarks and Umbers are well explained. The Mormonts are expended. Glover is kind of right, and in any case, he's more afraid of Ramsay that he would ever be of Sansa or Jon. The Starks have no retinue of their own and, at this point, are beggars.

The show is setting the differences of opinions between Sansa and Jon, the divided leadership, the mistrust and the need for powerful armies to raise for them - Manderly and the Vale, and the second one definitely isn't coming for free.

1) "Your uncle respected me so much he gave me your house sword" kinda sounds right

2) Kastark being a b*tch can be a write off but SJ is not well explained at all. If he is so concerned about the wildlings then why did he give Stannis the cold shoulder after he stopped Mance and why did he not just tell everyone else he has Rickon and control the North like how LF does through SR

1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Dorne is the Jar Jar Binks of GOT. It's the one part of the show even show fanboys are willing to admit sucks to prove they are "objective", and then goes on to defend everything else, even though Jar Jar is not even close to being the worst thing about the prequels.

Lol. That's actually so true.

2 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Ok Dorne might be still might be "the worst" but Dorne in the books was still a minor plot while the North is probably the most talked about and loved storylines form all of ASOIAF. So to see this storyline be as badly botched as it was is infuriating

Goodness knows there's ample desecration to go around, but this is the one that that disgusts me the most.

3 hours ago, Pies are coming said:

No, he is not right. 

He told the Starks were not there to protect them. There was a Stark who tried to protect his bannermen in such way which even lead to the loss of his own castle (and do the Northern Lords still think he is dead? So this actually mean in their eyes trying to save his bannermen lead to the fact he risked his own life by giving his man to protect his bannermen)

9 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

Glover didn't want to join what he saw as the losing side thus he pretended that it was the Starks who betrayed the North rather than the Boltons. Notice that he asks which houses have joined Jon before he rejects the offer. 

So he is a coward? And this while in the books he tried to raise an army by himself to take his castle back, is the leader of the secret group who takes Harrenhal, is the only Northerner who we know he is conspiring with Manderley? 

Even while they might fail, the North remembers. They prefer to die bathing in Bolton blood. Glover is no coward. 

And at the same time the narrative let them bash the Starks? <_<

20 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

So he is a coward? And this while in the books he tried to raise an army by himself to take his castle back, is the leader of the secret group who takes Harrenhal, is the only Northerner who we know he is conspiring with Manderley? 

Even while they might fail, the North remembers. They prefer to die bathing in Bolton blood. Glover is no coward. 

And at the same time the narrative let them bash the Starks? <_<

The show is not the books. Characters are vastly different.

2 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

Haven't seen the latest episode, but as a general point, there is a big difference between a storyline being objectively bad and 'not the same as the books'. So far I'm more than happy with the Northern storyline, think its all coming along nicely. Its not the same as the books but why should I care about that.

Norther lords in the show are bunch of treacherous cowards. In the book Hill Clans, Mormonts, Glovers and survivors of battle at Winterfell marching 100 mils through snow storm to fight and die for Ned little girl. Manderly conspiring in Winterfell against Boltons and Frey. Mors Umber is in front of Winterfell with green boys waiting and killing Freys. 

I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned`s little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue. - Hugo Wull

How they turn this into, "Nah, Boltons are OK. They killed my brother and lot of our men, but who care." If anyone, in the show say North remember again, I will puke.

18 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

Sorry but I do not understand this argument.  If they use a character from the books, they should at least give him the same characteristics. They should used have Lady D, the Ryswells, ... not the man who is one of the few persons of whom we really know is conspiring against the Boltons. Or they should use Lord Mazin from the house they created. 

If you adapt a story, you should known this is going to compared towards the books.

Archived