Lyanna Mormont Appreciation Thread

LadyArwen

Anyone else suitably impressed by the talented young actress who played Lyanna Mormont? I thought she did an excellent job. She gave me life when she held up a dismissive hand to her maester when he tried to whisper in her ear. Not to mention when she put a stop to the "small talk". She clearly has no time for anyone's nonsense. 

I've always liked the matriarchal Mormonts. Thankfully, Lyanna Mormont was portrayed favorably in the episode. It's not always easy to have a child actor portray a powerful character, but this young lady handled it well. 

I'll be honest. The second I saw her, I laughed my ass off. But then I listened to her and quickly realised that this little girl was a bigger badass than Brienne. 

People often ask me how I think Ramsay should die and I always say, "It doesn't matter. No death is good enough for him."

But now I know. I want Ramsay Bolton to die by the hands or cunning of Lyanna Mormont. 

This was the greatest character introduction I can think of in the show since Oberyn.

I agree. In the inside the episode that was the only time D&D showed any sign of life this season normally they look tired or doped on something... well they still did until they talked about how lucky they were to get this girl; they named her(the actress) but I'm to lazy to look it up.

Although why in the name of the gods is she with them at the battle camps. It makes zero sense.

Saiyan, how would that happen? Do you really think she'll be leaving Bear Island? Much less be in a position to be harmed even is she is allowed to get anywhere near the battlefield in the slim chance she does? How would she be in any danger?

And no wonder D/D look perked up in ITE. it's the only time they know they're not doing anything potentially controversial.

Have yet to see the episode but it sounds as great as I hoped (this part anyway.)

(wish cousin Jorah could have met you, sweetie *sigh*.)

7 minutes ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:

I agree. In the inside the episode that was the only time D&D showed any sign of life this season normally they look tired or doped on something... well they still did until they talked about how lucky they were to get this girl; they named her(the actress) but I'm to lazy to look it up.

Although why in the name of the gods is she with them at the battle camps. It makes zero sense.

There was something creative, original and respectful to the source material in the scene. It definitely showed.

Also, I think that was Bear Island?

10 minutes ago, Saiyan said:

I don't know but in this picture it's definitely a child.

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Bastard-BOWL-1-630x655.jpg

And it can be Rickon (but according to rumors he will be shot by an arrow during the battle by Ramsay) or Lyanna (or maybe Robin but he's in the Vale right now)

Don't she would get anywhere near battlefield. She was at the camp but that's about it. I mean how would Ramsay capture her because he's got already a kid as a prisoner.

Besides according to truede

what is name of this user on reddit I think. Said that Lyanna will actually make a speech to make point to other Northern lords who refused to go with Jon and Mormonts were willing to fight. Means it's likely after the battle and not before. Jon needs to prove himself on the battlefield in order to be considered a King.

6 minutes ago, Bastard of the Dreadfort said:

There was something creative, original and respectful to the source material in the scene. It definitely showed.

Also, I think that was Bear Island?

Though, I thought they were back on the campaign being on Bear island wouldn't make since as they got the "Mazins" and what nots after the Mormonts and why would she be out there with I thought that was her Maester and the random on her right our left. Also the wildlings were there fighting with the haha "Southerners"/Northmen there would be no reason to drag 2000 men to the island camp them close and hidden. Either way the show doesn't care about logistics.

27 minutes ago, Morna The Maid said:

Saiyan, how would that happen? Do you really think she'll be leaving Bear Island? >>>Much less be in a position to be harmed even is she is allowed to get anywhere near the battlefield<<<< in the slim chance she does? How would she be in any danger?

And no wonder D/D look perked up in ITE. it's the only time they know they're not doing anything potentially controversial.

Have yet to see the episode but it sounds as great as I hoped (this part anyway.)

(wish cousin Jorah could have met you, sweetie *sigh*.)

Baggage Trains and high value prisoners are typically the first thing on any armies minds.. if they(Team stark) are out numbered they don't have the troops to have a force protecting a baggage train and even if it was a small force after the army (Stark) lost then she and the force would have to travel all the way back to bear island and try and hold it. Because she won't live as a traitor they (Boltons) won't allow it. Free island after all. 

Hell the show could use the baggage train to their advantage. I can't remember the name of the battle but The Hungarian army knew they had victory in hand so when the battle started the vanguard hit hard while the flanks went for the baggage train leaving the van completely undefended incase of a counter attack which was what happened within less then an hour the van fell or scattered while the flanks were making off with the baggage train the Hungarians lost but some lucky soldiers out there made off with what would now be about 11 million in loot. 

I say some because the flanks were then run down by light Cav.

Also that reminds me. The Boltons had alot of Heavy Cav when they defeated Stannis but all the previews show them having Infantry and spear/pikemen. What happened to all that Heavy Horse? 

Archived