Lyanna Mormont Appreciation Thread

LadyArwen

21 hours ago, Darren Allen said:

After just this one scene, this character is my favorite in the series.

D&D have shown that they're not above giving young children brutal, brutal deaths. I'm going to be so upset if she's strung up on the cross before Bastard Bowl.

All this praise of her sound to me almost like a death sentence. We know how the show works by now. :huh:

4 hours ago, David Selig said:

None of these examples are of 10 year olds actually being more than figureheads and making crucial decisions like this.

There's no clear evidence of them being mere figureheads either. The whole concept of nobility and royalty is moronic and can lead to unfit or young leaders.

I was wondering actually, are the Mormonts on Bear Island just survivors of Robb's war? I am sure there were at least a thousand troops if not more before the war? So the 62 Mormonts left are just the survivors of the war or new recruits?

On 6/6/2016 at 9:56 PM, David Selig said:

A 10 year old girl ruling a House on her own. So realistic..

If you paid atenttion to this scene you would have seen that she is not ruling the House on her own, she has counsel. I bet that those men would walk into fire for her.

On 06/06/2016 at 8:54 PM, Drz said:

62 Mormonts vs. Ramsay's 20 good men, who would win and at what cost? =)

Come on, people talk about 62 men, but she clearly said - apart from my legions. So she is talking about knights and sellswords apart from the common soldiers who will number in the hundreds (or maybe thousands)

1 hour ago, GeorgeIAF said:

If you paid atenttion to this scene you would have seen that she is not ruling the House on her own, she has counsel. I bet that those men would walk into fire for her.

She is ruling in her own right. At the age of 10. Sure, she has advisors, but so does every lord or king.

For me, in an episode that saw both the return of the Hound and the appearance of Ian McShane, Lyanna Mormont stole the show.  And did so in the vein of the Mormont women that appear in the books.  HBO might push for McShane to get an Emmy, but the young actress who played Lyanna Mormont (Bella Ramsey) is the one who truly deserves it.  She has spawned thousands of memes and gifs and her screen presence exceeded that of not only McShane but Tim McInnerny, who played Robett Glover - two other newbies we were introduced to. 

12 hours ago, Darren Allen said:

She's actually saying SansER. Some British accents tend to turn words ending in "a" sounds into "er" sounds. 

I am British, but that really sounds like Sandra to me. Maybe it is just the accent, but that probably should have been picked up during the edit.

12 hours ago, Darren Allen said:

She's actually saying SansER. Some British accents tend to turn words ending in "a" sounds into "er" sounds. 

I am not British so I can't identify different regional accents as well as others, so maybe she did. But to my ears, and apparently others, it sounds like Sandra, which if it is, either means LM is purposely dragging Sansa :lol::dunno:, or should have been fixed in editing :dunno:.

She is the best character, the best actress and that was the best scene of the entire series. I loved Ser Davos' (another of my favorites) line at the end when he said of her men "If they are half as ferocious as their lady, the Boltons don't stand a chance." 

That girl did a really great job, her scene was one of the best in the episode. This show has an amazing track record for finding excellent child actors.

I thought the Sandra thing was on purpose, just a way of mocking them to show how little she gave a shit about these strangers that show up trying to act all important. She was in the middle of insulting Sansa over her marriages when she called her that, so it makes sense.

Archived