Who did Sansa write to, because my first thought was not LF.

Gertrude

I have to watch it again, but didn't Jon just tell her they didn't have time to go to the Cerwyns? And Sansa knows the Cerwyns have a recent and specific grudge against Ramsey (not Roose, Ramsey) because he skinned the old Lord for not paying taxes. They need some Northern Houses, right? Cerwyn has been name dropped several times and that was my first thought as to who her letter was going to. I see everyone assuming it's Littlefinger. I see why, but that's not very satisfying to me, not like Sansa using some specific knowledge gained while at Winterfell to sway a House to her cause.

Of course, getting satisfaction out of the show is a long-shot, I know. Convince me I'm wrong about the Cerwyns. If it's Littlefinger after all, I'm calling complete bullshit on Sansa being a boss ass bitch this season.

edit: screen caps have confirmed it to be a letter to the Vale forces. This thread is now about how ravens work and how the Vale forces arrived at Moat Cailin without being noticed.

House Cerwyn wouldn't make any difference unless thy got thousands of men and Sansa knows or learns that Stark name is not what it used to be...it doesn't mean much. She's writting LF but I thought it might be Royce at first but he holds no power over the Vale army. He's only general, LF controls them through Sweetrobin.

I actually thought she was writing some kind of proclamation, have you seen how weird it looked? Letter is wrapped up and then sealed, this letter makes no sense.

Mormont maester was seen taking one raven, tell me who was it meant to? What if we have a Karstark plot from books?

She was obviously writing to Littlefinger... there are only 3 episodes left, they battle is in episode 9. They need an episode for suspense.... so that's it. Of course, Sansa being an idiot in this show, she thinks she can order the raven to go anywhere.... when actually, it will end up on Bear Island :)). Awkward!! :)

I lean towards Robin.  Since she sees lyanna mormont and I presume it reminded her of Robin who still is a child. 

I hypothesise that she may offer him her hand and unite the north and the vale if he comes to her aid and she becomes lady of Winterfell . Further it will be a way to get Robin to act against little finger in times to come.

4 minutes ago, ricardoromell said:

I lean towards Robin.  Since she sees lyanna mormont and I presume it reminded her of Robin who still is a child. 

I hypothesise that she may offer him her hand and unite the north and the vale if he comes to her aid and she becomes lady of Winterfell . Further it will be a way to get Robin to act against little finger in times to come.

But she is not lady of WF, Bran is.

There is no chance Robin gets a message without LF reading it first. 

My bet is on Blackfish. She's not going to ask for LF's help, I think that was clear from the previous episodes.

Obviously, the geography has never meant anything on the show, so Blacffish could easily reach Winterfell within an episode.

8 minutes ago, TheRevanchist said:

My bet is on Blackfish. She's not going to ask for LF's help, I think that was clear from the previous episodes.

Obviously, the geography has never meant anything on the show, so Blacffish could easily reach Winterfell within an episode.

What is with Jaime and the army infront of the castle 

I think about jaime, Sansa sent a raven to Brienne to convince Jaime to join Jon's war, Jaime is desperately searching for a last heroic action of justice, before that he refused to go and kill sansa when Cersei requested it and he also sent Brienne to help Sansa

40 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I think about jaime, Sansa sent a raven to Brienne to convince Jaime to join Jon's war, Jaime is desperately searching for a last heroic action of justice, before that he refused to go and kill sansa when Cersei requested it and he also sent Brienne to help Sansa

If you watch the episode 8 preview, all Jaime cares about is getting back to Cersei and he says that he would kill every last Tully to do so, so I don't think Jaime is looking for a last heroic act of justice.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

I'd like to think you are right but the show only does obvious things, so my bet is on LF.

I agree, especially because of the conflicted expression on Sansa's face when she finished writing.  It was a major "swallowing her pride" moment.

36 minutes ago, Ludo Kressh said:

If you watch the episode 8 preview, all Jaime cares about is getting back to Cersei and he says that he would kill every last Tully to do so, so I don't think Jaime is looking for a last heroic act of justice.

Speaking of Jaime, I think they have completely destroyed his character this season.  

While I think it is Littlefinger she is writing to it leaves too many obvious plot holes.

1) The master brought a Vale raven.

2) How do they get past the Twins with two armies there?

3) If they were already passed the Twins how did the raven know where to find them?

11 minutes ago, Jaqitch H'ghar said:

While I think it is Littlefinger she is writing to it leaves too many obvious plot holes.

1) The master brought a Vale raven.

2) How do they get past the Twins with two armies there?

3) If they were already passed the Twins how did the raven know where to find them?

The Kingsroad goes straight past the Twins, it's a bit of a misconception that you have to pass through the Twins to get North.

LF told her the Vale army was encamped at Moat Cailin, not too much of a stretch that the maester would have a raven for it.

Archived