Who did Sansa write to, because my first thought was not LF.

Gertrude

3 minutes ago, NightStark said:

The Kingsroad goes straight past the Twins, it's a bit of a misconception that you have to pass through the Twins to get North.

LF told her the Vale army was encamped at Moat Cailin, not too much of a stretch that the maester would have a raven for it.

The raven for Moat Cailin I can buy but the Kingsroad goes past the Twins and while I know they are portraying the Frey's as a bunch of tactical idiots how do you miss an army travelling north?

1 hour ago, Ludo Kressh said:

If you watch the episode 8 preview, all Jaime cares about is getting back to Cersei and he says that he would kill every last Tully to do so, so I don't think Jaime is looking for a last heroic act of justice.

But that will take two years according to the Blackfish.

EDIT:  Wherever the raven goes, logistics don't seem to matter on the show.

She's writing to LF. However, consider that she sent Brienne to have BF bring the Tully army north and Jaime has already offered to let BF and his men go free unharmed so it seems a likely resolution. My bet is that BF agrees providing Jaime surrender himself as a hostage until complete at which time Jaime will be exchanged for Edmure when they are through the Twins. Perhaps Frey betrays perhaps not (I'm thinking that he does and BF and/or Edmure die leaving the Tully army with Brienne and Sandor whom she'll run into on her way to or from  Riverrun). Regardless with LF at Moat Caillin the Tully's can't get through unless he allows it or (and I do hope it's the or) Howland Reed's crannogmen lead them through the bogs bypassing Moat Caillin. This will expose LFs duplicity for good and we would finally get to see HR.

37 minutes ago, Jaqitch H'ghar said:

The raven for Moat Cailin I can buy but the Kingsroad goes past the Twins and while I know they are portraying the Frey's as a bunch of tactical idiots how do you miss an army travelling north?

Remember that LF made a deal with Cersei to clean up the north and he becomes Warden.  So the Freys believe he is following the kings orders isnt he?

14 minutes ago, wolverine said:

I think the fact that we did not get to see who it was to seems to make it more likely it is not the most obvious choice (LF).

This was my thought.  Logically it would be LF.  Sansa really has no one loyal to her other than LF, so who can she send a letter to that would jump to follow her.  

It is also funny how she put her seal INSIDE the letter.  Thats not where it goes.

The letter was also too large for a raven wasnt it?   Dont the ravens only carry tiny little messages?   Seems like this one is going out with a Rider.   

1 minute ago, Xarkar said:

This was my thought.  Logically it would be LF.  Sansa really has no one loyal to her other than LF, so who can she send a letter to that would jump to follow her.  

It is also funny how she put her seal INSIDE the letter.  Thats not where it goes.

The letter was also too large for a raven wasnt it?   Dont the ravens only carry tiny little messages?   Seems like this one is going out with a Rider.   

It appeared to be a slip that could have been rolled up and carried by a raven, if not for the immense thick wax seal...

Despite the arguments in this thread, my guess is still LF. Jon just told her that they'll fight with the man they have. Writing to Cerwyn or any other Northern lord seems to be a lost cause anyway because 1) Sansa doesn't know how much would they give them, if any; 2) she doesn't know if the lords would even join them. Jon seems quite oblivious about Blackfish (and apparently he hasn't noticed that Brienne's gone missing - and where's Ghost, by the way?) but let's assume that he sent a raven there, so sending another one wouldn't change much, I guess. Still, it is not certain that Blackfish would come either way because 1) he's quite busy in Riverlands atm; 2) he might not want to leave the fort even in much more stable situation; 3) it's a long way from RR to WF and Jon seems to be in quite a hurry, so BF might easily come late; 4) Moat Cailin is blocked by the Vale army, it is held by the Boltons and Brynden would probably need to cross the Twins. Sansa clearly thinks that Jon's army is not enough and who happens to be close enough to the North with a big army and about who she can be certain that he will come to her aid? Petyr Baelish, tadaaa! Another possibility is Sweetrobin ofc but we don't know if LF brought him along and Sansa is not in a position to waste time sending a raven to the Vale or wherever, espeically when she knows where the army is.

5 minutes ago, Xarkar said:

Remember that LF made a deal with Cersei to clean up the north and he becomes Warden.  So the Freys believe he is following the kings orders isnt he?

A good point. I am just more troubled that the Frey's did not even bother to mention to Jamie that one of their 'allies' marched a large army past there so recently.  

1 minute ago, Jaqitch H'ghar said:

A good point. I am just more troubled that the Frey's did not even bother to mention to Jamie that one of their 'allies' marched a large army past there so recently.  

Well the Frey's are made to appear to be utterly incompetent at everything, other than massacring people at weddings. 

What's with their stupid hats?  Need them to look even more like bungling boobs?  Looks like the Frey uniform is peasants clothing.

4 minutes ago, wolverine said:

Well the Frey's are made to appear to be utterly incompetent at everything, other than massacring people at weddings. 

What's with their stupid hats?  Need them to look even more like bungling boobs?  Looks like the Frey uniform is peasants clothing.

Their hats make them look more like Walder's jester than commanders of a siege.

8 hours ago, Gertrude said:

I have to watch it again, but didn't Jon just tell her they didn't have time to go to the Cerwyns? And Sansa knows the Cerwyns have a recent and specific grudge against Ramsey (not Roose, Ramsey) because he skinned the old Lord for not paying taxes. They need some Northern Houses, right? Cerwyn has been name dropped several times and that was my first thought as to who her letter was going to. I see everyone assuming it's Littlefinger. I see why, but that's not very satisfying to me, not like Sansa using some specific knowledge gained while at Winterfell to sway a House to her cause.

Of course, getting satisfaction out of the show is a long-shot, I know. Convince me I'm wrong about the Cerwyns. If it's Littlefinger after all, I'm calling complete bullshit on Sansa being a boss ass bitch this season.

This last episode was dumb.  They mentioned the Manderlays twice this season but no one thought to go ask them for allegiance? 

Where was Davos' brilliant speech about the army of the dead to House Glover?  

Why are the show writers turning the BwB into villains? 

And why isn't Sansa talking about Baelish to Jon? Why keep that a secret?  None of the Starks know it was Baelish that betrayed Ned and set this whole thing in motion by having Lysa Aryn murder Jon Aryn.  Why would Jon be against the Knights of the Vale fighting along side them?

They've name-dropped Manderly so many times that I have a hard time believing they won't play a part in the battle. MAYBE she's writing them, or MAYBE they'll be pretending to be on the Boltons' side and turn during the battle.

20 minutes ago, Jaqitch H'ghar said:

Look at a map. They had no need to go anywhere near the Twins. Their  best route would be to sail across The Bite. But even if they marched the wouldn't go past The Twins. 

8 minutes ago, takfar said:

They've name-dropped Manderly so many times that I have a hard time believing they won't play a part in the battle. MAYBE she's writing them, or MAYBE they'll be pretending to be on the Boltons' side and turn during the battle.

Jon already said they sent a raven to the Manderlys.

Besides, what can she offer to them? Her hand in marriage? I just don't see it.

It's clear she's writing to LF. She doesn't like it, and it shows, but she has no other choice.

5 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Look at a map. They had no need to go anywhere near the Twins. Their  best route would be to sail across The Bite. But even if they marched the wouldn't go past The Twins. 

The road to the Vale from the Kingsroad is southeast from the Twins and the Freys allegedly control the Riverlands.

15 minutes ago, Jaqitch H'ghar said:

The road to the Vale from the Kingsroad is southeast from the Twins and the Freys allegedly control the Riverlands.

As I said, their best route would be by water. If they were walking, why would they cross out of the Vale so far south into, as you point out, Frey controlled land, rather than crossing north of the Riverlands and the Twins?

1 minute ago, Forlong the Fat said:

As I said, their best route would be by water. If they were walking, why would they cross out of the Vale so far south into, as you point out, Frey controlled land, rather than crossing north of the Riverlands and the Twins?

Since when is the Vale a seafaring people? And the reason they would take that route is if you look at a map the northwestern part of the territory is extremely mountainous. Vale Map

Archived