What will happen between Jaime and Brienne?

iceheart91

So, since we all know for sure that Brienne and Jaime will confront each other next episode, the real question is, what will happen between the two of them? I think that Jaime genuinely does care for Brienne, probably more than he's willing to admit, but is that enough to completely sway him into changing sides and leaving Cersei and his house? I don't know. Brienne is the only person in his whole life that made him change his outlook on his life, and when someone has that big of an impact on you, how can you not trust them and listen to them? The hopeful part of me wants nothing more than to see him switch and fight for Jon and Sansa alongside Brienne and Pod, but I'm not sure how likely that is to happen. If it came down to a fight between the two of them, and he somehow got the upper hand, I don't think he'd kill her, mainly because I don't think he'd have it in him. The same goes with Brienne. I think her feelings towards him are a little more obvious than his (I still love Torienne though, aye), and because of this, I could really see her trying to break through to him and being like, "look, if you don't cut the shit, I'm gonna have to fight you". I also really don't think she's capable of killing him, either, with the exception being only if he asked/told her to. Am I crazy for thinking that? Maybe, ha. 

What are y'alls thoughts? 

I wouldn't put it past the show to have Brienne behead Jaime. After all, Brienne is their hitman. 

But I don't see her fighting Jaime to death right now indeed. I think that even though honor commands her to fight him, she loves him like she loved Renly and she will let him go back to KL.

However, I think there are chances that Jaime will join the fight against the WW alongside Jon and co once the KL events have unfolded (and I believe it means once KL has been burned to the ground by Cersei's madness and wildfire). 

It made it pretty clear that all he wants is to get back to Cersei so I doubt he will suddenly have a change of heart and join with the North. He may allow Brienne to escape when he storms the castle(that's what it looks like from the preview) because he still respects her.

Brienne will tell Jaime about the WW and Jaime will think she's gone nuts. He will still let Brienne through to Riverrun.

In the final episode of this season, Jaime will probably storm Riverrun. He will meet Brienne & fight her.

28 minutes ago, Trollosi said:

Brienne will tell Jaime about the WW and Jaime will think she's gone nuts. He will still let Brienne through to Riverrun.

In the final episode of this season, Jaime will probably storm Riverrun. He will meet Brienne & fight her.

Even if the blackfish stays at the castle and Brienne stays at the castle, Why would he fight Brienne ? he has over 8000 men. + Jamie saved Brienne life  gave her a Valerian sword, if Brienne kills Jamie she deserves to die.

7 hours ago, iceheart91 said:

f it came down to a fight between the two of them, and he somehow got the upper hand, I don't think he'd kill her, mainly because I don't think he'd have it in him. The same goes with Brienne.

Pun intended or happy accident?

With Brienne's prowess and Jaime's maiming, it would be pretty ridiculous or take some stupid luck for Jaime to best her.  The stupid luck is usually called Bronn, since he is the best and the coolest ever (sarcasm as I am sick of his invincibility).

I'm fairly certain there will be tension between the two, but I don't think they will have to fight. At least not intentionally. There will be some event that takes them both out of the camp and closer to where their book cliffhanger takes place. Whether Brienne convinces Blackfish to stand down or not is anyone's guess. I'm saying yes, otherwise Jaime won't be leaving so easily.

1 hour ago, Trollosi said:

Jaime would have to be on a suicide mission to even try that. He has one  hand and as someone mentioned up thread she's the shows hit (wo)man. She would chop him into mincemeat in no time. (not that I think she'd ever kill him).

4 hours ago, Mayura said:

I wouldn't put it past the show to have Brienne behead Jaime. After all, Brienne is their hitman. 

I love how the show has all but turned Brienne into the Scourge of the Underworld:

Writer/editor Mark Gruenwald originally created the Scourge in 1985 as a plot device intended to thin the criminal population of the Marvel Universe, in particular eliminating those supervillain characters he deemed to be too minor, redundant, or ill-conceived. 

22 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

It looked like Pod is in some trouble in the preview.  So maybe Pod's death at the hands of Freys or Lannisters will be the real rift between the 2.  

Confusingly they also showed Pod and Brienne in a boat...but maybe that was before hand.

21 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

It looked like Pod is in some trouble in the preview.  So maybe Pod's death at the hands of Freys or Lannisters will be the real rift between the 2.  

I don't think so. I think that was Bronn grabbing Pod as a type of joke. In the sneak peak for episode 8, I believe you can see him in a boat with Brienne looking back behind her.

2 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

If you pause and look at that scene it looks like Bron is doing the neck choke on Pod.  My guess is Brienne is in the tent talking to Jamie, Bron sees Pod standing outside and comes up behind in a joking manner.  I mean he was around the kid for like 3 seasons before Tyrion left and that is how I imagine Bron joking with Pod, especially after the last time he saw him he figured he would die with Brienne.

1 hour ago, iceheart91 said:

I don't think so. I think that was Bronn grabbing Pod as a type of joke. In the sneak peak for episode 8, I believe you can see him in a boat with Brienne looking back behind her.

And I just saw this, lol.

3 hours ago, Soccer69 said:

If you pause and look at that scene it looks like Bron is doing the neck choke on Pod.  My guess is Brienne is in the tent talking to Jamie, Bron sees Pod standing outside and comes up behind in a joking manner.  I mean he was around the kid for like 3 seasons before Tyrion left and that is how I imagine Bron joking with Pod, especially after the last time he saw him he figured he would die with Brienne.

That's actually kind of awesome, and good misdirection from the original trailer.

12 hours ago, Mayura said:

Haha.

I wonder if Brienne tells anybody (Jaime or Blackfish): 'hey, by the way, I found Sansa, that's half of our oath'.

Archived