Why would Brotherhood without banners kill all those people

SaChr222

Right.  When was the last time we saw or heard of Beric or Thoros?

I was talking to some unsullied the other night and they had no idea who Edmure Tully was when the Frey's dragged him out last week.  It would seem strange to rely on show fan's memories of Beric or Thoros at this point.

Bad writing or they might not be a members of the brotherhood from the start. Sandor is like "they are sooo from the brotherhood" but was there a real evidence, apart from "the night is dark..."? Sandor said that it's hate what keeps him going and he probably hates the brotherhood quite a lot, so maybe he could just assume that they were members of it, because he was blinded by his hatred?

Their special treatment of septon points to fanatism indeed, but seriously... shouldn't they burn him? They are shit Rhllorists.

Also, fire would have done a good job triggering Sandor, if he absolutely has to go on this axe-crusade.

2 hours ago, duysim said:

Because lady stoneheart is the leader of the bwb. And she heard the story of the mother who's son got murderd in front of her eyes. Then stoneheart demand the bwb to kill them all and hang that guy who killed that boy.

Im sorry for my english but i hope you understand what im saying

What was she lurking in the bushes next to them?  And she can Ian McShane talk but Hound can't hear 40 men women and children scream and get slaughtered?

18 minutes ago, wolverine said:

Right.  When was the last time we saw or heard of Beric or Thoros?

I was talking to some unsullied the other night and they had no idea who Edmure Tully was when the Frey's dragged him out last week.  It would seem strange to rely on show fan's memories of Beric or Thoros at this point.

Yeah, but there definitely had to be some reason for D&D to have Sandor invoke the BWB name.  You could have just used random outlaws and have the same scene and provoke Sandor to violence.  Would the casual viewer even remember the Hound's fight with Beric and what was going on.  So I assume the BWB are going to be part of the story somehow.  Perhaps (as someone else posted), D&D are just going to transform the BWB to the Brave Companions.

1 hour ago, wolverine said:

Yeah, I am starting to get sick on ANYONE who seems good in the books getting fucked over as well.  It is starting to seem like the theme of ASOIF is "if you are not a ruthless conniving cocksucker, you will get fucked."

Of course - it's an apocalyptic tale, the downfall of Westeros, societal collapse and all that. I think it's going to get meaner yet - it's actually going a bit slowly ATM.

2 hours ago, sifth said:

Stone Hearth doesn't exactly manage the group the way Beric did. 

I love how most people seem to forget they lose their way in AFFC's.

They lose their way, to be sure, but wholesale slaughter of people with no apparent connection to the Lannisters is still past anything they would be involved in. 

I agree with those above who suggest that these people in the show are filling a role closer to Rorge, Biter, and friends. This has the flavor of the Massacre at Saltpans. In fact, as the only survivor, there is a potential for the Hound to be wrongly accused of this massacre,  like he was in the books. 

2 hours ago, Punting on the Honeywine said:

It doesn't make any sense.  Even if the BWB lose their way they would steal from people worth stealing from.  And they're not red priest fanatics so it's not a religious hate crime either.  Just bad writing.  

It makes perfect sense if it's a case of, "Give us stuff or we'll kill you."

They made an example.

1 hour ago, Tianzi said:

Their special treatment of septon points to fanatism indeed, but seriously... shouldn't they burn him? They are shit Rhllorists.

Also, fire would have done a good job triggering Sandor, if he absolutely has to go on this axe-crusade.

they didn't burn him because that's not the modus operandi of the BwB under LSH. think this is genuine foreshadowing of her. why kill all the others with bows arrows etc but specifically hang him and focus on it like they did.

in the preview Brienne talks about being honor bound to fight him if Jaimie attacks the castle. now that can't just be in relation to the promise she made Sansa i'd wager its from the promise she made Catelyn now LSH.      

1 minute ago, a dragon is still a dragon said:

they didn't burn him because that's not the modus operandi of the BwB under LSH. think this is genuine foreshadowing of her. why kill all the others with bows arrows etc but specifically hang him and focus on it like they did.

in the preview Brienne talks about being honor bound to fight him if Jaimie attacks the castle. now that can't just be in relation to the promise she made Sansa i'd wager its from the promise she made Catelyn now LSH.      

Yes, but then again if it's LSH then the motive doesn't add. They shouldn't be religious fanatics, but Lannister-Frey haters.

This whole sequence distressed me.  It didn't really make sense.

Why specifically did Brother Ray focus so much on the hound during and after the BwB?
Why didn't the hound hear the massacre?
Why the ceremonial hanging?... seems too much like a message

Made me think there was something in the ale.  Maybe I am just hoping for something other than a pointless slaughter to awaken the hound.

17 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Yes, but then again if it's LSH then the motive doesn't add. They shouldn't be religious fanatics, but Lannister-Frey haters.

What if show continues on anti-Seven line and Catelyn started hating on the followers of the Seven as the Seven didn't save her and her son while R'hllor's power revived her? That would add the religious twist to Show!Stoneheart.

Archived