Umm..where is ghost?

House Do'urdan

Lady - dead

Greywind - dead

Summer - dead

Shaggydog - apparently dead (or not?)

Nymeria - missing (God knows where she is)

Ghost - missing due to expensive CGI 

If you thought Stark family has got a raw deal in GOT, think again. Poor dire wolves! 

On 6.6.2016 at 8:06 PM, DireGhost said:

All CGI belongs to dragons.....

well it's "Tits and Dragons" after all.

to be fair: A direwolf would be more expensive to draw via CGI than a a dragon. Animals without hair are a lot easier to do than fury ones.

I guess that is why they show rather pointless dany scenes than direwolfes.

13 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

I don't know where he is now, but I hope he is with Jon in the  battle . I think Rob had more time with his wolf on the show than Jon.  

Because little CGI dragons sitting on Dany's shoulder don't use up as much of the budget. :P

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, SevasTra82 said:

IMO, this is all just bad writing.  They could have easily explained Ghost and Mels absence in some way (like, hey Mel, watch over Ghost as we go travel around).  At least that way we'd have some sort of idea where they are.  

Hmmm...if I'm thinking of babysitters (or, dogsitters), I'm not sure Mel is my first choice given her track record

On June 6, 2016 at 8:19 AM, House Do'urdan said:

Last couple of episodes there has been no ghost...

What is going on?

Just off camera?

Just outside the gate because kids/Direwolves?

Recovering from Jon's resurrection and napping from all the stress? 

I love Ghost. I say an entire parallel show from the Direwolves POV. George! Get on that please!

On 6/6/2016 at 3:38 PM, DireGhost said:

Lol I could see this happening....

Yea especially when actual dogs are used for the Direwolves, not 100% cgi. I sense your sarcasm just adding to it...

No sarcasm at all. The fact that they need to use actual animals increases to the cast. Animals are notoriously hard to work with and can cause delays. In all serious the reason we will never, ever see Ser Pounce again is that the cat caused filming to fall behind schedule an entire day trying to film the seen with the cat, Tommen and Margaery. Fur really is very expensive to computer generate. There is no doubt in my mind the concept of the Dire Wolves have been nothing but a headache for the show runners so they are killing them off. We will never see Nymeria on the show again. I guarantee it. 

Obviously, he's hanging out with Rhaegal and Viserion, wherever in Planetos they've gone off to... 

(Seriously, we have had several semi-pointless dialogue scenes filled with people who could, just as an aside, say "Oh darn, that dragon's killed another goat," or "Gosh I wonder what happened to those dragons you freed up a couple episodes ago," I mean, I get that CGI is expensive, but to the best of my knowledge just saying the WORD "dragon" or "direwolf" is still free....) 

5 minutes ago, TheGreenBell said:

As a lot of other pointed out already, they have no budget for wolves, only for dragons lol

So basically Dragons > Direwolves as far as end game material is obvious. Wolves seem to be ineffective vs wights & co. Throwing the cgi budget to dragons is a sign of end game importance.

Archived