Fargo 3: not until 2017

Baitac

Joining the cast of the Noah Hawley anthology are Michael Stuhlbarg, Scoot McNairy, Shea Whigham, Karan Soni, Fred Melamed and Thomas Mann, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Season three of Fargo has been rumored to take place in 2010, following the events of the breakout drama's freshman season. It's unclear how or whether it will tie into the events from the first run, though none of the stars from season one will return. Production on the third installment of Fargo is set to begin in January for a debut in 2017.

Stuhlbarg (Boardwalk Empire) will play Sy Feltz, Emmit’s right-hand man and consigliere. McNairy (Halt & Catch Fire, 12 Years a Slave) is set as Maurice LeFay, a stoner with a criminal past. Whigham, who reunites with his former Boardwalk Empire co-star Stuhlbarg, will portray Meeker County chief of police Moe Dammick. Soni (Blunt Talk, Deadpool) will take on the part of scientist Dr. Homer Gilruth. Melamed (Casual, Lady Dynamite) is set as Howard Zimmerman, a mover and a shaker with a knack for spinning a yarn and making a profit. Mann (Me, Earl and the Dying Girl) rounds out the cast as Thaddeus Mobley, an award-winning science fiction author.

Really glad to hear about Stuhlbarg's casting. Whigham's too, I've seen him in several things since Boardwalk and he's always good. Stuhlbarg I've only otherwise seen in Dr. Strange and he had maybe five minutes of screen time. 

...though none of the stars from season one will return.

Is this actually confirmed? That would be a real bummer. I wasn't expecting Molly to play a major role, but if she doesn't at least cameo I'll be sad. Not having Lou back seems like a bad idea too. Though they may just be doing the "lie to the audience to preserve the reveal" thing that's so popular these days. 

Between the out of nowhere reveal at the end of last season that seemed to be an attempt to more directly connect seasons one and two and the announcement that it'd be "a few years after season one" I expected season three to be connected to the first season in major ways. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Thanks for the update. Same month as American Gods.

Should be a good month. I'm also eagerly anticipating Hawley's "Legion" show in Feb. Maybe if "logan" delivers on its trailer it'll be a very good month for the X-men franchise.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Season 3 Official Trailer

I have literally no idea what season three is about based on that trailer.

Still, first two were great.  No reason to stop now.

4 hours ago, Calibandar said:

I'm a bit sceptical. I never love the the dual roles for 1 actor thing.

In addition to Dr. Strangelove Orphan Black had one actress playing a bunch of roles and did it well. (at least in the early seasons I'm not caught up.) I watched The Prestige the other day and didn't think twice about both Jackman and Bale playing multiple roles. I think pretty much as long as Eddie Murphy isn't involved it's usually fine. 

Archived