Fargo 3: not until 2017

Baitac

At this stage if he isn't corrupt then i'll be quite disappointed in this season's writing.

As incompetence goes, Varga and his two hired thugs are the only men on the show fit to tie their own shoelaces. It's almost implausible to think Sy and Emmit could have become so successful and well regarded when its nothing but one silly misstep after another from them.

1 hour ago, dooog said:

At this stage if he isn't corrupt then i'll be quite disappointed in this season's writing.

But why would Varga have bothered bribing the chief of the county sheriff's department?  It doesn't seem like his business interests would depend much on  that guy, unless Varga is much more local than was suggested so far. (The size of assets he's laundering suggest he's not some small local crook)

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Pretty much. Him denying everything is just silly now.

A lot of things are a little silly now. Like the whole idea of flipping over a prison bus or sending the sickly looking dude from those 90's comedies into the police station to kill Nikki. Like what is the signal to noise ratio on that. 

This isn't meant to be a defense of the moron chief guy.  Just that this season especially seems to be leaning on the "THIS IS A ____ STORY" thing. 

19 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Access to prisoners/suspects is restricted for their protection and to avoid mistrials, not to thwart the plucky cop whose instincts demand they break the rules.  The show was conveniently quiet on how the assassin and Gloria suddenly had access to Nikki despite earlier showing us the tight security.

This may be the byproduct of Gloria not triggering sensors.  That character trait has been a tough one for me to suspend disbelief on since the start of the season.

Next up: Gloria walks undetected through laser security mesh to rob a bank.

Well, the action and pace have really increased the past two episodes. Mr. Wrench was great as was Nikki. I loved the Big Lebowski scene in the bowling alley. Not sure what Yuri's fate was, but dug the backstory. Shame about Sy.

7 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

At this point I sort of feel like the writer(s) killed off the wrong brother. The dead Stussey was a more interesting character.

I agree, but the Stussy brothers are two of the most uninteresting characters this season.

20 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Is the guy from the bowling alley God?

Something like that, but he talks about "others" who he had to convince to spare Wrench. So probably something more like an angel?

6 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

This season contains lots of elements that sound appropriately Fargo-ish, but the final product just falls a bit flat.  I'll see the season out, it's not terrible, but if this had been the first season it would have gone no further. 

Agreed.... totally.... this season is just.... off.... It has moments here and there, but those "Fargo" moments --the dry absurdities and cultural quirkiness-- just aren't paying off this season as in the past.

Her meeting with Varga was the best part of the episode.

I also like how Varga and his henchmen closed the investigation. 

Spoiler

I'm curious to discover who Emmitt is speaking with next episode when he asks "You work for Varga?"

Random thoughts after binging eps 7 through 10.

The Nikki and Mr Wrench teamup was among the top things the show has done. Loved every bit of it. I was happy Wrench got away with a fat bag of cash, Didn't like him killing Emmit.

I came around on Gloria these last few eps after not really feeling much about her. Her and Officer Lopez were a good duo. 

Stuhlbarg continued to be a gem of an actor on this show. 

Shea Whighams character was the worst ever Fargo character. 

Despite this being easily the weakest season I will be sad if this is the last of Fargo. 

I thought it was a great finale. Loved the music from the movie after the highway shootout. I actually liked having Mr. Wrench takeout Emmit. He got him for Nikki. Gloria and Varga was as good as their first meeting. It was definitely the weakest of the 3 seasons, but I still liked it. 

Archived