Fargo 3: not until 2017

Baitac

Looking good. I know before last season came out Hawley mentioned it was inspired by Miller's Crossing and The Man Who Wasn't there. The first season was basically Fargo with a bit of No Country For Old Men and A Serious Man. 

Has their been any similar indication of which Coen movies they're drawing on for this season? 

Been rewatching the show over the last couple months. The 2nd season had a real opportunity to go down as one of my favorite single seasons of any show. I'm struggling to think of one single writing choice that has hurt a top notch show more than the stupid forced decision to try and make Hanzee into Tripoli, hard to believe the same writer who wrote the rest of the show decided to do that.

So hyped for season 3..Stuhlbarg is the actor im most pumped to see again. Stole every scene he was in on Boardwalk Empire. 

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

Been rewatching the show over the last couple months. The 2nd season had a real opportunity to go down as one of my favorite single seasons of any show. I'm struggling to think of one single writing choice that has hurt a top notch show more than the stupid forced decision to try and make Hanzee into Tripoli, hard to believe the same writer who wrote the rest of the show decided to do that.

So hyped for season 3..Stuhlbarg is the actor im most pumped to see again. Stole every scene he was in on Boardwalk Empire. 

Really? That didn't bother me in the slightest, I found it a nice nod to eagle eyed viewers of the previous season. 

I didn't love the last episode of season 2 but only because it seemed to have shot its load in the previous episode. Otherwise I thought the season was exceptional, especially about episodes 6-8

27 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I didn't love the last episode of season 2 but only because it seemed to have shot its load in the previous episode. Otherwise I thought the season was exceptional, especially about episodes 6-8

Yeah the entire first eight episodes are pretty much perfect. 

I'm in the minority that *really* enjoyed season 1, but found season 2 to be a bit of a disappointment. There was *plenty* to like in the second season, but I just didn't connect with the characters as much as I did with the ones from season 1. I've basically forgotten the ending of season 2. Excited about season 3! ( Because how can one not be excited about carrie coon and Ewan McG) 

I think season two seems more ...confident, if that makes any sense. There's some really great stuff there especially with the music. But Season one just had a more interesting story, and as mentioned better characters. 

I think the first season was better than second, because there were no weak points in story and cast. In season two Hanzee and Peggy were great, Ed and Lou were fine, but for example Mike Milligan didn't work for me. Some of the writing choices as well.

But I'm hyped for season three anyway, the cast seems fantastic. BTW, are there any obvious connections to the previous seasons, like Lou in season two?

9 hours ago, 3CityApache said:

But I'm hyped for season three anyway, the cast seems fantastic. BTW, are there any obvious connections to the previous seasons, like Lou in season two?

I expect to see Molly and probably her family again at some point. Maybe Mr. Wrench too. The controversial Hanzee twist at the end of season two seemed like an effort to connect the first two seasons more directly (even if it made little sense.) So it seems like they do want them all to be connected. One of the producers said this in recent interview:

“We will have a ‘kiss in’ to Season 1 that we think is appropriate because we’re doing a different film each year, but, yes, they’re related geographically. There are thematic touches. And as you’ve seen, we make some character kisses as well.”

but I've never heard the phrase 'kiss in' before and can only infer what that means.

Also one of McGregor's characters being the "parking lot king" makes me suspect he probably owns the parking garage from the movie and season one. Not that that's a huge connection. 

Nice article filling in some details on season 3: cast/characters, timeline. Nothing too spoilery, but maybe a nugget or two some viewers may not want to know ahead of season 3. I see some interesting possibilities from what is mentioned in the article.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/fargo-season-3/37962/fargo-season-3-the-full-trailer/page/0/1

First review I've seen. It's very positive but oddly they only sent out the first episode to reviewers. I'm gonna assume this is to protect plot twists and not because they're concerned about the quality of the series. It does describe much of the plot of the first episode, so keep that in mind. 

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/04/fargo-season-3-premiere-ew-review/

Interesting that the stamp mentioned in the review depicts the myth of Sisyphus. I know that was the title of an episode in season two. 

Anyone else looking forward to The Leftovers and this? I just realized they're both premiering days apart and I'm trying to decide if I should hold off watching one until the other is done. Watching Carrie Coon play two different characters in two different dramas week after week would either be really interesting or somewhat confusing. It'll depend on how different the characters are.  

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

Anyone else looking forward to The Leftovers and this? I just realized they're both premiering days apart and I'm trying to decide if I should hold off watching one until the other is done. Watching Carrie Coon play two different characters in two different dramas week after week would either be really interesting or somewhat confusing. It'll depend on how different the characters are.  

They're both right at the top of my list of favorite shows going right now. No way I'd have the willpower to wait for either one to be over. 

That ending :)

Not sure what the intro had to do with the rest of the show. Could be nothing and Hawley just being cute showing a scene with the Stasi and then the Stussy brothers in the next.

So far so good. The stage has been set for the season. Classic Fargo

I'm pretty sure the opening scene will have a connection at some point. I thought it was a good premiere overall. Wonder what the books hidden under the floor was all about? It's early but David Thewlis seems to have the standout character. I loved the scene of him muscling Ewan McGregor and Michael Stuhlbarg. All 3 were great.

On 29/03/2017 at 1:01 AM, Raja said:

I'm in the minority that *really* enjoyed season 1, but found season 2 to be a bit of a disappointment. There was *plenty* to like in the second season, but I just didn't connect with the characters as much as I did with the ones from season 1. I've basically forgotten the ending of season 2. Excited about season 3! ( Because how can one not be excited about carrie coon and Ewan McG) 

Pretty much the same here. Season 2 never clicked for me the way season 1 did. Still thought it was well written and acted I was just not especially interested personally.

Any U.K. Folks know when/where we can watch this? I only watched the first two seasons as they became available on Netflix. Wasn't sure if there was a channel showing it over here

9 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I'm pretty sure the opening scene will have a connection at some point. .

Not sure. Think it could be an unrelated intro that relates thematically like in A Serious Man. 

Solid opener. Probably the weakest of the three seasons but still very good. Mary Elizabeth Winstead gets the MVP from me for the premiere. 

Both Stussy brothers seem to be in way over their heads already. 

Archived