Fargo 3: not until 2017

Baitac

Just now, briantw said:

I mean, still pretty disgusting if someone rubs their dick all around in your mug and then forces you to drink something out of it.  And when Sy complained about it later it seemed like all he said was that Varga rubbed his unmentionables in it or something like that.  Don't remember the exact wording.  I don't think he ever mentioned Varga pissing in it, and the angle seemed all wrong too as Varga moved the mug around a lot like he was just trying to touch every inch with his dick.

I realized the didn't tell Emmit about the piss drinking, but I figured that was a pride thing. I'll go back and try to check gimme a minute I still have it on DVR.

It's certainly possible I'm wrong.  I watched it late at night and I was a bit drunk.  It just felt like the way Varga rotated the mug while he was doing it that he wasn't pissing.  And there was no sound effect to indicate him pissing.  There was also a sound effect for when the Russian filled the mug with water if I recall correctly.

7 minutes ago, briantw said:

It's certainly possible I'm wrong.  I watched it late at night and I was a bit drunk.  It just felt like the way Varga rotated the mug while he was doing it that he wasn't pissing.  And there was no sound effect to indicate him pissing.  There was also a sound effect for when the Russian filled the mug with water if I recall correctly.

No, you are not wrong I was. I too had had a few and also the sound of Yuri filling it from the water cooler is pretty subtle. I did not hear it over the air conditioner. So when Yuri handed him a full cup and Sy reacted with "are you out of your mind" I figured he was offering him Varga's urine. 

From mug to mugging (well, beating) it was a gruesome episode but drove on the story and the conflict.  Varga's sudden anti-Semitism felt strange but I'm resigned to his character growing more monstrous each episode.  David Thewlis leering as the henchmen silently menace does make it seem, as Sy said, like a break from reality. 

I'm glad Nikki survived.  Considering her blatant, undisguised attempts at theft and now blackmail for large sums, she seemed overconfident in her personal safety.  

The police are much, much weaker characters this season. 

54 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Varga's sudden anti-Semitism felt strange but I'm resigned to his character growing more monstrous each episode.

i thought it felt off too, but I'm not sure I can articulate why.  I guess it seems like his calculating, malevolent, contempt for pretty much everything runs deeper than "superficial" issues like religion, or even race, if that makes any sense.  And if anyone were ever to gain his respect, it would be purely for a comparable capacity for cruelty, or a shared delight in financial machinations, no matter the religion of the other.  I think his apparent anti-semitism is likely an affectation to make Emmit squirm just a bit more. That, or its an obvious pretext for why he wants to drive Sy away.  Either way I don't think its sincere.

7 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

The police are much, much weaker characters this season. 

I'd say that about all the characters tbh. I'm enjoying this season, but it's my least favorite of the three so far. Which is a shame as I actually think S3 has the best cast yet, but the writing and story have been a little weaker.

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

I am enjoying this season but also not as much as season 2 which as so great (I've still not seen S1).  There have been plenty of laugh-out-loud lines (I think my favorite is when Emmit says something like "Well, unless you're dumb as a monkey you'll get on Facebook and befriend him right away" about some situation where that would be kind of absurd), but I just don't find the episodes as gripping as with S2.  

Agreed, this season is a bit limp.  Not terrible, but not quite firing.  For me, S1 was even better than S2. 

30 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Agreed, this season is a bit limp.  Not terrible, but not quite firing.  For me, S1 was even better than S2. 

While both seasons were great I think I prefer season 1 more also. Billy Bob really brought the heat. Obviously hoping the current season picks it up a little too. 

Though I preferred Billy Bob as the antagonist in season 1, I remember thinking the middle episodes really dragged. Could've done with being a couple episodes shorter. So I far preferred season 2, which engaged me from start to finish.

May have been less of an issue if you binged it though.

Enjoying the current season, though not as much as the last.

6 minutes ago, Impmk2 said:

Though I preferred Billy Bob as the protagonist in season 1, I remember thinking the middle episodes really dragged. Could've done with being a couple episodes shorter. So I far preferred season 2, which engaged me from start to finish.

May have been less of an issue if you binged it though.

Enjoying the current season, though not as much as the last.

Agree with this completely.

While S2 didn't have any one character come even close to BBT, the sum of its parts made it more entertaining and consistent.

This season has a couple episodes that have literally put me to sleep. Whether I tried to watch too late at night or not, it's taking this season too long to get shit going. Varga doesn't do much for me, his two minions are a recycled character(s) of the series at this point, the Stussy's are great at being Minnesotans (getting boring), Carrie Coon's character is alright, but her new comrade is weak. I'll keep watching but I'm afraid this tale is going to burn out on me. 

I've lost that loving feeling for this show. In its attempt to be Fargo shocking it's become boringly gross. I used to feel sympathy for those characters whose lives turned to shit because of circumstance or fate or an unlucky encounter with pure evil. This was because as viewers, we were meant to have the feeling  that "there but for the grace of God..."  This is no longer the case for me. There's no connection anymore.

When I started this thread a few years back, I was thrilled because it was Fargo. The cherry on top was that my friend and board member Salome Sandwich was in it. Not only was she in the show, she was in the national commercial for the series. Now I feel let down and sad. I'll continue to watch but in all honesty I no longer care. Very disappointed. :(

12 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Didn't expect Ray to

Hide contents

to die so soon.

The scene in Emmet's office between Gloria and Varga was pretty good. 

:agree: Gloria seems to be the only one not intimidated by Varga. Varga weaseling his way in on the convos always makes me laugh.

Some interesting developments this episode. I liked it.

Archived