Am I the only one rooting for Cersei/Jamie/Tommen?

Radu Alex

3 hours ago, TheSTARKempire said:

I would rather trust an other before I trust a lannister excpet Jaime and Tyrion. I even have doubts about jaime and tyrion. Jaime is not on a redemption path. He is just aware of the wider implications his decisions can have and he is now using his head to make the best out of situation he finds himself in. were he serious about redemption, he could have declared to the whole world that robert's children were actually his and packed his stuff to be on his way to the Wall. Tyrion is too smart; outmanoeuvring wont be easy and  you might find yourself in constant fear of what he might do to you when you no longer has much use for him. Ceresi is a madness made flesh, it is known.

So to redeem himself he must condemn both his children to death? How exactly will that do anything but cause more destruction? 

41 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

maybe a little but, but what happen during robert reign

While true, I think the main difference is that Robert was stupid while the Unworthy was maliciously intellegent. Robert created a situation because he didn't know better and didn't care, while the Unworthy seems to have been creating everything on purpose. And then Robert took better care of his bedmates given that he didn't execute any of them, or their kin. And so on.

33 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

While true, I think the main difference is that Robert was stupid while the Unworthy was maliciously intellegent. Robert created a situation because he didn't know better and didn't care, while the Unworthy seems to have been creating everything on purpose. And then Robert took better care of his bedmates given that he didn't execute any of them, or their kin. And so on.

Aegon the unworthy was king for a longer time

what robert did during his reign (Badstuff)

- Put a bastard into Delane Florent

- Isolated himself from Cersei

- Failed to produce a trueborn heir

- Indebted the ironthrone

- Failed to kill off rival claimants (Viserys and Daenerys)

Probably not.

As for myself, I have no qualms with waiting for Cersei to crash and burn. I'm interested in seeing what happens to Jamie and will be sad about what happens to Tommen and Myrcella as they've done nothing except being born bastards of incest.

Whether this will be a good guys win in the end story has yet to be seen, but the primary Lannisters (except Tyrion) dug their own grave and it would be a cop-out for them to be saved from the consequences of their own actions. Joffrey wasn't spared; Tywin wasn't spared; and I doubt that Cersei will be spared. A shame since she'll likely bring her children's death down upon them.

Well, one wants the children to survive, but that's really it. Nobody roots for Cersei in the sense that you want her to win or even rule in her own right.

And Jaime effectively no longer is in camp Lannister, anyway. He is done with Cersei, his family, and even his children (in the sense that he actually wants to tell the world the truth about them).

I am rooting against Cersei. I will be happy when she gets her comeuppance.

I am neither rooting for or against Jaime. I find his character and storyline interesting and I want to see where it goes.

I want Tommen to die because I expect him to, and want to see the fallout, the consequences of that. While reading it, I will feel sorry for him, but I am not rooting for him to survive, he is doomed. I am not cheering for him to die, but he should die.

4 hours ago, LionoftheWest said:

I don't think Robert was stupid, he just didn't give a f*** and was lazy. He was happy letting Jon/Ned do the work, along with the small council. Agree with the Unworthy stuff though.

12 hours ago, Radu Alex said:

In Jamie, Tommen just managed to get what is currently one of the best army commanders that Westeros has. Of course - if he doesn't get killed. You emphasize a lot the moral aspects and GRRM also makes sure we take notice of them. I concentrate more on his value as a military leader, something the Lannisters didn't really have until his transformation. 

I don't believe Tommen really has Jaime. He has already abandoned Cersei and I think it entirely possible Jaime will abandon any vows he has sworn to Tommen to do what he believes is right. He is currently walking into a trap and I wouldn't be surprised if his story interacts more with Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, and possibly Bran and Jon from now on.

I kind of agree with OP that I don't really want the "good guys" to sit the iron throne. I'd like to see them quell the Others threat and then have to submit to someone more powerful. As for Dany and the targs, I wouldn't go so far as to call them Aryan. I think grrm chose that appearance on purpose, he sought to evoke certain ideas about them and then twist them like he usually does. They appear to be "perfect", like the Aryans, but are quite often twisted with power and madness, like the Nazis.  I for one see Dany conquering Westeros and then RUINING the entire continent because she has become so power-mad and/or demented in the process.

Jaime/Cersei/Tommen, I disagree with you.  I like Jaime, I like where his arc has gone, but Cersei I still hate and Tommen I couldn't care less for.  The Lannisters are designed similar to the Targs imo, beautiful and strong, yet cruel and power hungry.  I don't see why you would root for them.  Jaime and Tyrion I like and sympathize with, sure.  Cersei, well, let's say that I enjoyed everything that has happened to her.  She set in motion everything that has happened to her.  Call me cruel, meh

Both Tommen and Mycella will die. Sadly this is their fate.

I am pretty much convinced that Cersei won't live to see either of her brothers again. In fact, I'm not entirely sure that the Tyrion and Jaime ever see each other again. Actually, I have to admit of all the characters, I have the least idea of where Jaime's story is going. And by all the characters I mean in the book. I really have to read Jaime. I just now realized I've never done that.

I stopped reading characters after reading Sansa and realizing I think her story is going in a direction that is likely to piss off just about everyone. Sigh. :(

9 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Well, one wants the children to survive, but that's really it. Nobody roots for Cersei in the sense that you want her to win or even rule in her own right.

And Jaime effectively no longer is in camp Lannister, anyway. He is done with Cersei, his family, and even his children (in the sense that he actually wants to tell the world the truth about them).

Jaime is effectively done with the "Baratheons" of King's Landing camp. He is not abandoning his actual Lannister family from Casterly Rock.

26 minutes ago, Dofs said:

Jaime is effectively done with the "Baratheons" of King's Landing camp. He is not abandoning his actual Lannister family from Casterly Rock.

He is. He cares more about Brienne than about Cersei or his children. He is cordial and friendly with Genna and Daven, sure, but he isn't with them right now, nor is it likely that he'll ever get back to them.

He has chosen honor and the white cloak over his family for good.

Just now, Lord Varys said:

He is. He cares more about Brienne than about Cersei or his children. He is cordial and friendly with Genna and Daven, sure, but he isn't with them right now, nor is it likely that he'll ever get back to them.

He has chosen honor and the white cloak over his family for good.

He is abandoning Cersei? Sure. I don't see any indication that he is abandoning his family in Casterly Rock or his children.

1 minute ago, Dofs said:

He is abandoning Cersei? Sure. I don't see any indication that he is abandoning his family in Casterly Rock or his children.

He has he is going to reveal the truth about his children (and presumably to the world as well considering that he thinks that one consequence of him telling the truth is that the Martells will end the betrothal with Myrcella, suggesting that he is actually intended to depose Tommen as well).

Now, we also know that Jaime is now in the hands of Catelyn. If we assume he is going to survive that encounter - which doesn't seem all that likely considering the reputation of Lady Stoneheart - he'll have to pay a price to survive. And whatever that is it is not going to be about him being allowed to continue to be loyal to the Lannisters. He might even be forced to turn actively against his own kin, helping Catelyn to recapture Riverrun and kill Genna and Emmon.

Jaime turned his back on House Lannister back in ASoS when he decided he was not Lord Tywin's son. He rejected both Casterly Rock and essentially even his own name. Considering that it didn't work out of him to serve Tommen as a Kingsguard (nor did Cersei give him any opportunity to act like a father) there is little chance that goes back to his family.

And there is no sign, really, that he is really close to any of his cousins or other kin. Jaime didn't spend all that much time at Casterly Rock. He was at Crakehall, and then a Kingsguard at court.

New rule: No topic should begin with, 'Am I the only one' as it's incredibly unlikely that you are the proverbial snowflake; Unique and perplexing. 

I like Tommen and I think it's hard to not like Jaime - he's so awesome in Feast. I stopped thinking about winners and losers when Rob Wolf died. It just isn't that story. It's their respective perilous journeys that are important. A character should die when they've reached the end of their arc.

Cersei has a lot left in her and plenty of support, so I'm confident she'll survive the next book, destroying enemies with Lannister ferocity. But in doing so, she will come undone. the woman loves power, and power is dangerous. 

Jaime, I think, has gone rogue. Yay!

Tommen, I think he'll make all the right moves but come-up against the more experienced players as he comes of age, he may even be forced to face off with his mother. I mean, Tommen will have an abundance of ammunition when more of his mother's deeds come to light. And the crazier she behaves the more likely it is that her son will turn against her And chose to believe the rumors. I don't think it will end well but I do think it will be very entertaining. 

42 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

He has he is going to reveal the truth about his children (and presumably to the world as well considering that he thinks that one consequence of him telling the truth is that the Martells will end the betrothal with Myrcella, suggesting that he is actually intended to depose Tommen as well).

Jaime thinks that first of all Tommen and Myrcella have to know the truth about him being their father and he speculates about whether Tommen would want to have him as a father or a throne. That doesn't sound at all like Jaime is abandoning his children - it's the other way around actually - it sounds like he wants to be closer to them as a father and that requires revealing the truth about them.

Now, we also know that Jaime is now in the hands of Catelyn. If we assume he is going to survive that encounter - which doesn't seem all that likely considering the reputation of Lady Stoneheart - he'll have to pay a price to survive. And whatever that is it is not going to be about him being allowed to continue to be loyal to the Lannisters. He might even be forced to turn actively against his own kin, helping Catelyn to recapture Riverrun and kill Genna and Emmon.

This is irrelevant. We have no idea whether this will happen or not, and even if it does happen as you have written, he won't abandon his family by free will in this scenario.

Jaime turned his back on House Lannister back in ASoS when he decided he was not Lord Tywin's son. He rejected both Casterly Rock and essentially even his own name. Considering that it didn't work out of him to serve Tommen as a Kingsguard (nor did Cersei give him any opportunity to act like a father) there is little chance that goes back to his family.

Let's be honest here, one of the main reasons why Jaime decided to stay in Kingsguard in ASOS was to not get separated from Cersei. He asked Cersei to marry him just a few minutes before his talk with Tywin and talked about it again after the talk. Had Cersei agreed to marry, Jaime would have left the Kingsguard instantly. It is also not true that Jaime had decided to not be Tywin's son in that speech. It's Tywin who in rage declared to him that Jaime is not his son any more and Jaime was actually salty about that. 

@Dofs

Tommen and Myrcella don't need they real father, though. They need a man who defends their claim. They are either Robert Baratheon's children or they are dead. There is no middle ground there.

Jaime already has abandoned his family by his own free will. Cersei and Tommen/Myrcella needed him yet instead he went with Brienne to save Sansa Stark from the Hound. That shows where his priorities lie.

The Lord Commander of the Kingsguard is nobody's son, though. He abandons all family allegiances when he says his vow. Jaime stressed that again, and while he might yet have tried to marry Cersei at this point nothing came of that in AFfC.

Archived