I've figured out Game of Thrones

LadyLilly

Please Read! & help me get my theory out!

I am fairly certain I have cracked the code to our mysterious Game of Thrones and would love some feedback and support in getting it out.

Whilst watching The Jungle Book recently, I was inspired to think about our Game of Thrones series during some scenarios. GOT is much the same as a war of animals in a jungle or even a jungle as a whole. The wolf-pack and their pledge, council and loyalty, reminded me much of House Stark and their Direwolf representation.

The tiger/lion as House Lannister. Fierce, brutal, prideful...yellow hair lol. Mating in front of their dead cub because the male demands it lol. Etc.

If we think of the houses as their sigils only, we can place them down as pieces of a jungle and we might be closer to knowing how everyone would act in the war to come and who would survive the war of the dead.

The Stag aka House Baratheon. It is no mistake that Stannis and Robert died in the wild. Robert died from a boar. That's what a deer/stag would do lol. And Stannis.... he was like a wounded deer waiting to be eaten by a larger animal.

A pack of stag as strong as they might be could never win a war against Men who Flay... But Direwolves could! And Gendry... it's not strange for a deer to just go running off to god knows where, never to be seen again lmao. Probably to pop up later.

House Targaryen... much like dragons or dinosaurs in our world. It's no mistake that the ENTIRE species got wiped out. And by what??....By the rest of the species! But there is one little dragon left fighting her way through with all her fire and might.

....Oh and lets not forget, a possible half dragon which the rest of the world are interested to know if its true (Jon Snow) "What if this strange animal (bastard) is part dragon (OMG) what will it mean for the world?!?!" "Let us study its heritage. Where did it come from?" Lmao

.............Perhaps a Three-Eyed Raven will know!!!! For ravens live long lives and have seen many things, more than any other animal. Since they can fly high and go to any part of the world they wish.

And The Hound. It's a shame, but a dog is loyal to whomever its present owner may be. It's no mistake that the hound was picked up by a group of loving people and has learned to care for them. And now, is going to get revenge for them?? So soon?? He barely knew them?? But that's the doggy way.

Then again, a dog is more loyal to its first owner. Perhaps we could expect the hound to love a Lannister again once he's home..... perhaps. Though they have now friended the other dog who tried to kill him.

And him and Arya. They warmed up together in a weird way. Because in hindsight. It was really a dog and a wolf trekking the woods together. And of course the wolf would cunningly leave the dog behind. For the wolf would believe it's much better and stronger than a dog. And besides, wolves stick together. Who would she be if she continued to friend a pathetic dog? She used him for safety and because he slowly became loyal to her. But they're two different breed.

The Whitewalkers. They don't have a sigil or repesent any animal or anything. So I'm thinking they would be the weather. A storm. A tornado. Something an entire animal kingdom would fear. Hence, "Winter is Coming"

So the ultimate question ISSSS...... In real life, in our world.. which animal, type of man or whatever (sigil) would survive a horrific storm (whitewalkers) ? I believe the answer to that question would be the ending of our Game of Thrones.

Sadly, in our world. It's the wolves who would survive :(:(:(The Greyjoys possibly (Golden Kraken is a sea monster) and maybe even House Tyrell for they are thorns.

I'm all of a sudden not feeling very hopeful for my precious lions and dragons. Please god look after them lol. sad face A dragon would put up a great run, a great fight in a storm, but if the winds got too tough or lightening hit them or something. They'd be paralyzed and without flight. :(

I am obviously a Targaryen & Lannister supporter :). Well that's all... I could literally go on and on about the links that I have found. The theory is only 3 days new and there's a little more study to be done.

I'm looking for feedback from you and hopefully you can help me get my theory out by sharing on social media and maybe there are some YouTubers or podcasters out there?? ;)lol

I also just wanted to get my predictions out in the public and time stamped before someone else comes along. I believe if this is more deeply looked in to and talked about among fellow fans, we can definitely get some greater theories happening and perhaps crack who will sit on the Iron Throne before the time comes about.

And tbh, I can almost picture GRRM studying the animal kingdom and ancient history for some reason....in order to birth this masterpiece.

Seven blessings to you, Lady Lillia :) 

Please let me know your thoughts, would love to continue to study the theory with someone, but more importantly, get it recognized.

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't read the Jungle Book but analysis of Houses and characters by their sigils and mottos has been done before.  I have to admit a bit of ice ran up my spine at the symbolism of Stannis (a stag) being flayed by the Bolton's but I don't think it likely.  But the Starks surviving winter is extremely likely, with all the symbolism implied.  Either TWOW or ADOS, I can't remember which, was originally meant to be titled A Time for Wolves.

I'm sorry, but I don't see what "code" you cracked. As the poster before me said, the symbolysm of the Houses and their sigils has been studied extensively. All houses seem to take pride of their sigils and take some characteristics of the animal/whatever is represented as their own. This is even adressed in the books and mentioned in the show.

That being said, you do pick animal characteristics and make logic jumps that are kind of arbitrary. Like when you talk about the Raven. The same things can be said about many other birds, turtles or dragons. Or when you talk about the Tyrells. Really, they would survive? Fucking lions and dragons die, but a plant lives? In WINTER? I'm just following your logic here.

Also, stags are fucking badass: remember on the very first episode we see that a stag killed a direwolf. They can totally take on men, flayling abilities notwithstanding.

(Direwolves are also extinct, you know, so according to your theory they would die like the Targaryens.)

So, I'm sorry, but I think many of the things you say are incorrect, and the things that are right have already been said before.

yeah this is a very broad thought on the series, but nowhere near a theory that needs to be published in a timely fashion so you get credit LOL. There's literally nothing concrete in this. It's just a general thought that warrants a "yes, thats true/interesting" reaction. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/7/2016 at 2:59 AM, LadyLilly said:

Please Read! & help me get my theory out!

I am fairly certain I have cracked the code to our mysterious Game of Thrones and would love some feedback and support in getting it out.

Whilst watching The Jungle Book recently, I was inspired to think about our Game of Thrones series during some scenarios. GOT is much the same as a war of animals in a jungle or even a jungle as a whole. The wolf-pack and their pledge, council and loyalty, reminded me much of House Stark and their Direwolf representation.

The tiger/lion as House Lannister. Fierce, brutal, prideful...yellow hair lol. Mating in front of their dead cub because the male demands it lol. Etc.

If we think of the houses as their sigils only, we can place them down as pieces of a jungle and we might be closer to knowing how everyone would act in the war to come and who would survive the war of the dead.

The Stag aka House Baratheon. It is no mistake that Stannis and Robert died in the wild. Robert died from a boar. That's what a deer/stag would do lol. And Stannis.... he was like a wounded deer waiting to be eaten by a larger animal.

A pack of stag as strong as they might be could never win a war against Men who Flay... But Direwolves could! And Gendry... it's not strange for a deer to just go running off to god knows where, never to be seen again lmao. Probably to pop up later.

House Targaryen... much like dragons or dinosaurs in our world. It's no mistake that the ENTIRE species got wiped out. And by what??....By the rest of the species! But there is one little dragon left fighting her way through with all her fire and might.

....Oh and lets not forget, a possible half dragon which the rest of the world are interested to know if its true (Jon Snow) "What if this strange animal (bastard) is part dragon (OMG) what will it mean for the world?!?!" "Let us study its heritage. Where did it come from?" Lmao

.............Perhaps a Three-Eyed Raven will know!!!! For ravens live long lives and have seen many things, more than any other animal. Since they can fly high and go to any part of the world they wish.

And The Hound. It's a shame, but a dog is loyal to whomever its present owner may be. It's no mistake that the hound was picked up by a group of loving people and has learned to care for them. And now, is going to get revenge for them?? So soon?? He barely knew them?? But that's the doggy way.

Then again, a dog is more loyal to its first owner. Perhaps we could expect the hound to love a Lannister again once he's home..... perhaps. Though they have now friended the other dog who tried to kill him.

And him and Arya. They warmed up together in a weird way. Because in hindsight. It was really a dog and a wolf trekking the woods together. And of course the wolf would cunningly leave the dog behind. For the wolf would believe it's much better and stronger than a dog. And besides, wolves stick together. Who would she be if she continued to friend a pathetic dog? She used him for safety and because he slowly became loyal to her. But they're two different breed.

The Whitewalkers. They don't have a sigil or repesent any animal or anything. So I'm thinking they would be the weather. A storm. A tornado. Something an entire animal kingdom would fear. Hence, "Winter is Coming"

So the ultimate question ISSSS...... In real life, in our world.. which animal, type of man or whatever (sigil) would survive a horrific storm (whitewalkers) ? I believe the answer to that question would be the ending of our Game of Thrones.

Sadly, in our world. It's the wolves who would survive :(:(:(The Greyjoys possibly (Golden Kraken is a sea monster) and maybe even House Tyrell for they are thorns.

I'm all of a sudden not feeling very hopeful for my precious lions and dragons. Please god look after them lol. sad face A dragon would put up a great run, a great fight in a storm, but if the winds got too tough or lightening hit them or something. They'd be paralyzed and without flight. :(

I am obviously a Targaryen & Lannister supporter :). Well that's all... I could literally go on and on about the links that I have found. The theory is only 3 days new and there's a little more study to be done.

I'm looking for feedback from you and hopefully you can help me get my theory out by sharing on social media and maybe there are some YouTubers or podcasters out there?? ;)lol

I also just wanted to get my predictions out in the public and time stamped before someone else comes along. I believe if this is more deeply looked in to and talked about among fellow fans, we can definitely get some greater theories happening and perhaps crack who will sit on the Iron Throne before the time comes about.

And tbh, I can almost picture GRRM studying the animal kingdom and ancient history for some reason....in order to birth this masterpiece.

Seven blessings to you, Lady Lillia :) 

Please let me know your thoughts, would love to continue to study the theory with someone, but more importantly, get it recognized.

Wow, great post, I"m sure that took a lot of thought and work!!

Regarding who is going to sit on the throne in the end, though, I became convinced about 6 years ago (after reading ADWD) that in the end there will be no single winner, but rather, the power will be divided 3 ways, as a "tri-archy" (three co-rulers, equal "monarchs").  This concept is discussed in one of Tyrion's chapters, and it makes sense to me for a lot of reasons that GoT/ASOIAF will end up this way (I believe the three co-rulers will be Dany and Tyrion, for SURE, which should make you happy since you say you like Lannisters and Targaryens, and a third that is not so clear...could be a few different people)

Well, keep us updated on your studies and theory, and good luck!!!  Maybe one day I can say I first saw your theory here at Westeros.org way back in July of 2017!!

27 minutes ago, Cron said:

I believe the three co-rulers will be Dany and Tyrion, for SURE, which should make you happy since you say you like Lannisters and Targaryens, and a third that is not so clear...could be a few different people

I don't believe that we will see Tyrion as a ruler. The show is fantasy, it even has magic and dragons, but it wants to appear as realistic. I don't see very realistic that a dwarf will become a ruler. I don't think George Martin will ever do that even though he may love Tyrion's character.

17 minutes ago, Sanrast said:

I don't believe that we will see Tyrion as a ruler. The show is fantasy, it even has magic and dragons, but it wants to appear as realistic. I don't see very realistic that a dwarf will become a ruler. I don't think George Martin will ever do that even though he may love Tyrion's character.

An interesting point of view, but I think a big part of the point of Tyrion's character is precisely that, to break through those barriers.

Clearly, in Westeros, Tyrion's stature has the sort of baggage you describe.  In fact, even Tyrion himself tells us that if he had been born to poor parents he would have been taken out in the woods and left to die, as I strongly recall.  My goodness, his own father talks about how he wanted to throw him into the sea.  

So, yeah, I think those prejudices DO exist in Westeros, but again, I think Tyrion is going to break through those barriers in a spectacular way, in part b/c, in my opinion, he is THE central character (I said "central character," not "protagonist," there's a difference)  of the whole thing, and b/c it's my understanding that he is GRRM's favorite character.  

Also, Tyrion IS fit to rule.  He's not THE smartest person in Westeros, but he's a lot smarter than average, with a lot of connections, and a great understanding of how things work.   He's been Hand of the King and Hand of the Queen, so he's already risen pretty high in "ruling power" not once, but twice.  I think he'll be one of the tri-archs in the end.

Welcome to the forum. It is your first post, so I am trying not to be too harsh. 

You have just put a lot of thoughts together, with no strickt line to follow and barely conected. So you are way away from a theory and clearly nothing worth to share on youtube. I am sorry, but I am just being honest. Most of the stuff you said are illogical (the stag, the rose, the dragons) and some have already been discussed. You just put some simbolism that is already stated in the books (the pride lion, the loyal wolf) and...well that's actually all.

The sigils are of course important, since they kind of categorize the houses and their members.  But it is just a superficial categorization, since the members of the houses are way more complex. Tywin Lannister was not just pride and strong. He was also very smart. Robb Stark was not that loyal, when he broke the word to marry a Frey. 

P.S. What also irritates me is the use of "Lols", "Lmaos", etc. which you use in every paragraph. That leads me to believe, that you did not meant the argument serious. But that is only my problem I guess.

Anyway, Welcome to the forum.

Archived