Sansa and "The game"

YorEmixam

When meeting with Robett Glover I so expected her to tell him to send scouts south of his swamp, that all the bannermens of her cousin Lord Robert Arryn are there and give an ultimatum; honor your oath to the Starks and join our forces, or make yourself our ennemy and the wildlings will glady open your gates and let the Vale Knights finish the job. Of course the Vale force are not hers but Robett do not need to know as of now, improving their numbers a lord at a time with the same ultimatum, and there you have a proper army of northmen, no need for the vale of Petyr Baelish. I really hope she comes up with something good after asking him for help, or maybe the letter was not for him but it seems obvious. I never really cared about Sansa's storyline but ffs she's still not a player and it frustrate me. Every women gets empowered in GoT but the one I actually want to see grow a bit cunning.

2 hours ago, tjmarsh said:

They were really not in a position to make threats since they could have been easily taken hostage and everything they had lost. For example, see Rickon Stark's story. . .

2,000 wildling coming from the north of the moat is a pretty big threat, how many mens does the glovers still have? A hundred maybe?

1 hour ago, Maid So Fair said:

I was kind of hoping that once she has been rejected, she would pull Dany with her 'when I take what is mine my enemies will die screaming' speech. 

Thats to much she has to keep the loved Stark thing, not the fear of Starks.

Or she can play nice with her cousin, tell her cousin and his Vale Lords the truth about Lysa's death and have the little serial killer in the making remove Petyr's head. Sansa sure is playing a game, but it's not The Game. Sweetrobin seemed to like Sansa as much as Petyr, and the Vale Lords hate him, this would be the most BASIC of "King's Landing" moves.

Better to hide all your plots from your general / family member instead and hope another magic army comes your way like it's shaping up... Probably through Petyr's Tardis he's been using this Season.

3 minutes ago, Tchzaelous said:

Or she can play nice with her cousin, tell her cousin and his Vale Lords the truth about Lysa's death and have the little serial killer in the making remove Petyr's head. Sansa sure is playing a game, but it's not The Game. Sweetrobin seemed to like Sansa as much as Petyr, and the Vale Lords hate him, this would be the most BASIC of "King's Landing" moves.

Better to hide all your plots from your general / family member instead and hope another magic army comes your way like it's shaping up... Probably through Petyr's Tardis he's been using this Season.

Petyr word are poison, Sansa could be easily discredited (sorry lack of better word, not native english speakin) in Sweet Robin eyes; mariage to a lannister (who he believe they killed his father)or hell he could even say she has something to do with his mother death. Petyr influence on SR is strong, in the show at least.

Just now, YorEmixam said:

Petyr word are poison, Sansa could be easily discredited (sorry lack of better word, not native english speakin) in Sweet Robin eyes; mariage to a lannister (who he believe they killed his father)or hell he could even say she has something to do with his mother death. Petyr influence on SR is strong, in the show at least.

Well now him thinking non sense ,whatever. Petyr wouldnt do that exept if it further his plan, not that I care about Sansas pride, but to not let Petyr take another step towar his goal.

You don't play the Game in the North. That's how you get your shit kicked in. Sansa's not fit to deal with the Northerners in her father/brother's style, nor is she politically savvy like Varys and QoT. I was gonna say Littlefinger, but show-Littlefinger is terribad.

1 hour ago, Cz-99 said:

You don't play the Game in the North. That's how you get your shit kicked in. Sansa's not fit to deal with the Northerners in her father/brother's style, nor is she politically savvy like Varys and QoT. I was gonna say Littlefinger, but show-Littlefinger is terribad.

You're so right, playing the game in the north might not be the best idea..

4 hours ago, YorEmixam said:

Thats to much she has to keep the loved Stark thing, not the fear of Starks.

IDK the Starks didn't rule the North for thinned of years by being super nice.

It's OOC for Sansa of course, but Fansa hardly has a personality.

Or she could have asked if he really believes that with Roose dead Ramsay will lift a finger to help anybody. 

6 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

IDK the Starks didn't rule the North for thinned of years by being super nice.

It's OOC for Sansa of course, but Fansa hardly has a personality.

Or she could have asked if he really believes that with Roose dead Ramsay will lift a finger to help anybody. 

Well Ned was respected a lot , sharing meals with persons of lower status, duty, honor and all. The thing is being respected will make your men stay beside you, ruling with fear will make your men turn against you as soon as you show weakness. We'll see how loyal the umbers and Karstark really are to Ramsey when he bites the dust.

19 minutes ago, YorEmixam said:

Well Ned was respected a lot , sharing meals with persons of lower status, duty, honor and all. The thing is being respected will make your men stay beside you, ruling with fear will make your men turn against you as soon as you show weakness. We'll see how loyal the umbers and Karstark really are to Ramsey when he bites the dust.

Oh I quite agree (though it doesn't seem to have works in the show? No one gives a shit about Ned) - I think I'm just desperate to Fansa to act like the boss ass bitch I was promised. I'm sick of the show going out of its way to make hee look like a naïve arrogant fool who needs to be constantly put in her place.  

All saying that sansa writed to LF for help, but we dont know that was exacly in the letter. 

IMO - she ask LH " please send a word to Lord Manderly and get us his support" 

why? from some time they saying about fat lord ans his speech. Manderly isn't with Starks now, but it look's that he will be with them in last episode, so the best moment to appear will be with the army of Vale. 

12 hours ago, Facebookless Man said:

It takes intelligence to write intelligent characters.

As things are, Sansa is a player because the script says so and the story will bend backwards to prove it whenever convenient.

Yeah, script says that the Starks have to be giant underdogs when the Winterfell battle gets underway so we can see our beleaguered heroes struggle and ultimately triumph, albeit with high losses. Sansa behaving intelligently and informing people of the giant Vale army (that I guess has been chilling incognito at MC for weeks) would undermine that. Because yes, thousands of Vale knights would change battle preparation and Northern alliances drastically, we no longer have the underdog Starks, and so the battle at WF turns out to be like 10 minutes instead of the probably 30+ minute affair we will get.

If I am not mistaken, the Vale army is SOUTH of Moat Cailin. While Moat Cailin is held by the Boltons. The Boltons probably wouldn't be all to keen to let a huge army pass through. Unless it is supposed to be that the Vale army found Moat Cailin empty and settled there but it would be amazingly stupid from the Bolton's part to let such an important fort unoccupied. So let's assume that there are Bolton soldiers in there and the Vale army is camping south of it and out of sight. Few ironborn were able to hold Moat Cailin for a long time, trained and well fed Bolton soldiers can surely do it as well. So if Sansa told lord Glover about the army, he might politely thank her for the info and then send a raven asap to Ramsay to send more men there.

Plus Sansa's story in season 6 seems to suggest that she wants to play a different game than Jon and that she wants to keep the existence of the Vale army secret so she can use it at the time she wants to.

The only way to win is to not play the game.

If Sansa plays the game she is in LF's power.  She married Ramsay bc partly she was tricked into leaving the Vale and so "stuck" and partly bc she wanted to play the game. 

Ned had not played the game in years until he confronted Cersei about the succession. 

I see retaking Winterfell as part removing Ramsay from her life forever and part going back to where she had status and security---not moving upward in the nobility ranks or getting the iron throne.  Think Rickon plot is to push Jon and settle the heir to Stark line and Winterfell issue. 

Archived