This bothered me a lot.. SPOILERS

Does anybody else think it's lame that Arya and jon have been stabbed now? Will she be resurrected too? Jeez. It's just too much.. Maybe she will survive? But so far as I've seen, nobody survives a stab wound in the belly, right?

Also, do I need to add spoiler tags if I post directly in the episode category?

Yes, I think it's lame - unless they do something really cool with it like make Arya Jon's Nyssa Nyssa, like she dies and reaches out to him and his sword starts burning or something. But I doubt that's going to happen, so it's probably lame.

I think yes, she will be resurrected, I just remebered the resurrection of jaqen after drinking the poison, and the name of the episode is 'no one', maybe by the ultimate sacrifice of jaqen by giving his face instead of hers

why you are bothered? resurrection is a normal thing in Got, Beric was resurrected 6 times

I've seen a few people theorising that Arya was expecting an attack and made herself very conspicuous so as the waif would find her easily, then wore armour under her clothes with blood packs to protect herself but still 'bleed' from the stabbing.  I don't buy it as Arya looked genuinely horrified and afraid. But... If Arya was really the waif and then was stabbed by someone with her own (Waif) face, that would certainly freak her out! We saw Jaq'en with Aryas face in one episode so it's possible for a FM to look like someone without actually removing their face. 

33 minutes ago, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

I've seen a few people theorising that Arya was expecting an attack and made herself very conspicuous so as the waif would find her easily, then wore armour under her clothes with blood packs to protect herself but still 'bleed' from the stabbing.  I don't buy it as Arya looked genuinely horrified and afraid. But... If Arya was really the waif and then was stabbed by someone with her own (Waif) face, that would certainly freak her out! We saw Jaq'en with Aryas face in one episode so it's possible for a FM to look like someone without actually removing their face. 

Blood packs? That's a pretty ridiculous stretch. I could see it possibly being Jaqen wearing Arya's face, but I think it just was exactly what it looked like. Arya got stabbed.

I don't buy the whole 'blood packs' thing, unless they were trying to tell us the waif is utterly incompetent at using a dagger. Three stabs and a twist, I think the waif would know if they were hitting any kind of armor.

The only way I'd be honestly shocked was if they killed Arya and never brought her back.

It'll be some BS about how as she walks down the street being ignored while bleeding, she's truly become no one...or she'll find Jaquen bleeding out and he'll say something about having owed her three lives, as if the interpretation of that was literally Jaquen having to die for her three times.

It wasn't her that was stabbed. It was Jaquen testing the Waif and she failed. Why would Arya stand and gaze over Bravos? Why would she be strutting around town and throwing money down that she clearly doesn't have? Lastly, where was Needle? They end the prior episode with her getting it from the rocks only to leave it behind when the FM are out to kill her. Doesn't add up

6 hours ago, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

We saw Jaq'en with Aryas face in one episode so it's possible for a FM to look like someone without actually removing their face. 

This is what confuses me. They made a point about cutting the face off a dead man in show and it seems like that is the only way to be able to use another persons face.Yet as you mention above we had that scene. Its not been addressed ( unless Ive forgotten) in show about glamours has it ? I don't think they even addressed that scene you mention and wtf was going on there.   

I know we saw Mels glamour reveal, but she is a red priestess - I'm talking about FM etc here. In show only. 

Blood packs are for actors who know exactly where someone needs to be stabbed, and mostly used for film, because it's too messy and risky for live theatre.

I posted this on the other thread - Cragen posted a comment how so many things didn't make sense... and that made my brain click - and this is what made sense to me:

OMG. I think I just figured it out from your post! Seriously. I think the answer is in what you just wrote^^. At least your comment made it click in my head... :wub:

1. "Arya would never be so reckless." I'm assuming this is about her throwing LOTS of money around, booking passage, demanding a cabin, and all very publicly... CORRECT.

And she's not. It wasn't Arya. It was The Waif wearing Arya's face. Perhaps her plan was never to kill Arya, we're just led to believe that with the writing. Maybe she just planned to get her the hell away, and back home. She could threaten to kill Arya, "Passage booked. Cabin. Go the fuck home or you're dead", hence the moved up departure time.

2. "Next, if Jaqen have agenda with Arya and want what is best for her, doesn`t make sens to send Waif after her, if he don`t think Arya could handle her. Just look what trouble Jaqen go to get Arya in Bravos and he would let her go just like that." CORRECT!!

Because he doesn't send the Waif after Arya.

We've been setup from last season to know you can wear multiple faces at a time.

Arya, wearing both the Waif's face, and the old woman's, went after the Waif on her own. 

Arya's smart enough to know the consequences of not killing Lady Crane. She made a judgement call anyway, not only sparing her, but warning her. She was supposed to NOT kill Lady Crane, because the House of Black & White is NOT just assassins for hire.

They're Faceless Men.

The insurance dude was a bad dude, and needed taking out.

The three lives she gave to Jaqen at Harrenhall were all bad men, and needed taking out. Meryn Trant was a bad dude and needed taking out.

"Valar Dohaeris" - All Men must serve. They did not serve. They needed taking out. 

Lady Crane works with a Faceless Man, who becomes her next teacher (in WOW)......

No one else is stabby-stabby as much as Arya. 

What I'd like to see - Episode opens on the bridge on the Waif. She pulls her top layer of clothing off, and it's Arya's parkour kit. She takes that wrap off her head, and it's Arya's parkour hair. She takes off running.... PARKOUR WAIF!

Arya-faced-Waif eventually wanders into the backstage of the theatre and collapses - the actors run to her. 

Parkour Waif reaches the theatre. Before entering, she looks around, takes her face off - PARKOUR ARYA! - and goes inside. 

Dying-Arya-faced-Waif is surrounded by the actors as Parkour Arya walks up behind them, and looks down at the Dying-Arya-Faced-Waif, who looks back at her puzzled. Parkour Arya smiles. Dying-Arya-faced-Waif's face turns into a look of horror, and she dies. Richard E. Grant takes off Dead-Arya-faced-Waif's face. Jaqen steps in and introduces Arya to The Company... of Faceless Men. Her next college course, if you will. The next step of her evolution.

Arya has passed with flying colors. She will now learn the finer points of being a Faceless Man - acting. It's how she'll get back to Westeros - a group of traveling mummers, who are freaking FACELESS MEN! 

Faceless Men are making the world a better place. They assist the dying, and pained. They take out the trash. It's why "Valar Morghulis", along with Jaqen's coin, got Arya passage, a cabin, and a ton of respect from the Captain in Westeros.

I wonder how you say "Don't be a dick" in High Valeryan?

4 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Blood packs are for actors who know exactly where someone needs to be stabbed, and mostly used for film, because it's too messy and risky for live theatre.

I posted this on the other thread - Cragen posted a comment how so many things didn't make sense... and that made my brain click - and this is what made sense to me:

OMG. I think I just figured it out from your post! Seriously. I think the answer is in what you just wrote^^. At least your comment made it click in my head... :wub:

1. "Arya would never be so reckless." I'm assuming this is about her throwing LOTS of money around, booking passage, demanding a cabin, and all very publicly... CORRECT.

And she's not. It wasn't Arya. It was The Waif wearing Arya's face. Perhaps her plan was never to kill Arya, we're just led to believe that with the writing. Maybe she just planned to get her the hell away, and back home. She could threaten to kill Arya, "Passage booked. Cabin. Go the fuck home or you're dead", hence the moved up departure time.

2. "Next, if Jaqen have agenda with Arya and want what is best for her, doesn`t make sens to send Waif after her, if he don`t think Arya could handle her. Just look what trouble Jaqen go to get Arya in Bravos and he would let her go just like that." CORRECT!!

We've been setup from last season to know you can wear multiple faces at a time.

Arya, wearing both the Waif's face, and the old woman's, went after the Waif on her own. 

Arya's smart enough to know the consequences of not killing Lady Crane. She made a judgement call anyway, not only sparing her, but warning her. She was supposed to NOT kill Lady Crane, because the House of Black & White is NOT just assassins for hire.

They're Faceless Men.

The three lives she gave to Jaqen at Harrenhall were all bad men, and needed taking out. Meryn Trant was a bad dude and needed taking out.

"Valar Dohaeris" - All Men must serve. They did not serve. They needed taking out. 

Lady Crane works with a Faceless Man, who becomes her next teacher (in WOW)......

What I'd like to see - Episode opens on the bridge on the Waif. She pulls her top layer of clothing off, and it's Arya's parkour kit. She takes that wrap off her head, and it's Arya's parkour hair. She takes off running.... PARKOUR WAIF!

Arya-faced-Waif eventually wanders into the backstage of the theatre and collapses - the actors run to her. 

Parkour Waif reaches the theatre. Before entering, she looks around, takes her face off - PARKOUR ARYA! - and goes inside. 

Dying-Arya-faced-Waif is surrounded by the actors as Parkour Arya walks up behind them, and looks down at the Dying-Arya-Faced-Waif, who looks back at her puzzled. Parkour Arya smiles. Dying-Arya-faced-Waif's face turns into a look of horror, and she dies. Richard E. Grant takes off Dead-Arya-faced-Waif's face. Jaqen steps in and introduces Arya to The Company... of Faceless Men. Her next college course, if you will. The next step of her evolution.

Arya has passed with flying colors. She will now learn the finer points of being a Faceless Man - acting. It's how she'll get back to Westeros - a group of traveling mummers, who are freaking FACELESS MEN! 

Faceless Men are making the world a better place. They assist the dying, and pained. They take out the trash. It's why "Valar Morghulis", along with Jaqen's coin, got Arya passage, a cabin, and a ton of respect from the Captain in Westeros.

Hum, that's a new approach. I kind of like this theory.

11 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

They're Faceless Men.

Why would the Waif be wearing Arya's face?

Also, at the end of the scene we will probably see that Lady Crane was Syrio all along! High fives all around. But wait, then u see it wasn't Syrio, it was actually Walker Frey and he is about to kill Arya and boom, PARKOUR actual Syrio comes in and stabs Walder Frey and says "not today" and high fives and great conversation all around. The ride off to the sunset lands together, fall in love and get married in the way to Westeros. Then Syrio unmasks BOOM He has been Nymeria all along. Remember Syrio came into the story right after Nymeria ran away.

5 hours ago, The Dames do Moan said:

Why would the Waif be wearing Arya's face?

Also, at the end of the scene we will probably see that Lady Crane was Syrio all along! High fives all around. But wait, then u see it wasn't Syrio, it was actually Walker Frey and he is about to kill Arya and boom, PARKOUR actual Syrio comes in and stabs Walder Frey and says "not today" and high fives and great conversation all around. The ride off to the sunset lands together, fall in love and get married in the way to Westeros. Then Syrio unmasks BOOM He has been Nymeria all along. Remember Syrio came into the story right after Nymeria ran away.

Why? I explained it in my post, but here it is - " It was The Waif wearing Arya's face. Perhaps her plan was never to kill Arya, we're just led to believe that with the writing. Maybe she just planned to get her the hell away, and back home. She could threaten to kill Arya, "Passage booked. Cabin. Go the fuck home or you're dead", hence the moved up departure time."

Let me know if you're still confused.

1 hour ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Why? I explained it in my post, but here it is - " It was The Waif wearing Arya's face. Perhaps her plan was never to kill Arya, we're just led to believe that with the writing. Maybe she just planned to get her the hell away, and back home. She could threaten to kill Arya, "Passage booked. Cabin. Go the fuck home or you're dead", hence the moved up departure time."

A little, so your saying (I listed below what I'm thinking your saying)

1) The Waif never meant to kill Arya just get her the hell outta Braavos 

2) wearing Arya's face she decides she will book passage for her back to Westeros,  (maybe she had to wear Arya's face so the ship captain would later recognize her)

3) she was planning to change her face back and threaten Arya into leaving but not kill her for some reason

4) before she can revert back to her regular face Arya (wearing the face of The Waif) comes up and stabs her.

But why does Arya need to wear the face of the Waif then?

2 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

So, if the Faceless Men and/or the Waif wanted Arya to leave Braavos, why wouldn't they simply instruct her to leave and send her packing? Why would the waif somehow pose as Arya, only to let Arya kill her, as some sort of convoluted plot to get her out of Braavos?

1 hour ago, The Dames do Moan said:

A little, so your saying (I listed below what I'm thinking your saying)

1) The Waif never meant to kill Arya just get her the hell outta Braavos 

2) wearing Arya's face she decides she will book passage for her back to Westeros,  (maybe she had to wear Arya's face so the ship captain would later recognize her)

3) she was planning to change her face back and threaten Arya into leaving but not kill her for some reason

4) before she can revert back to her regular face Arya (wearing the face of The Waif) comes up and stabs her.

But why does Arya need to wear the face of the Waif then?

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. We've never seen the Waif kill anyone. She's never mentioned killing Arya. She has only said that Arya's not ready, yet from the writing, we're led to believe that she wants her dead, and that she hates Arya so much, we'd buy her disobeying Jaqen, by stabbing Arya in the gut. Arya's the only one that's ever disobeyed Jaqen. Not the Waif.

4. Arya-faced-Waif was stabbed by an Old Woman, not the Waif. If Arya walked up to Arya-faced Waif, the Waif would know it's Arya, and would be on her guard. But Arya doesn't walk up to her, an Old Woman does. She doesn't take off the Old Woman's face until after the stabby-stabby, and Arya is in the river. 

Arya has thrown away her final chance, per Jaqen, there will not be another, by not killing Lady Crane. Arya thinks she can not only never go back to the House of Black and White, but she should keep her head down, just in case of retribution, that's why she doesn't wear her own face. I'm sure she thinks her best escape from Braavos is with the traveling acting company.

Why the Waif, and not someone else? She has to return to the HoB&W, to get Needle. Wearing the Waif's face is perfect to get that done. In the previews, when she leaps off that building, she has Needle in her left hand.

17 minutes ago, Lord_Weirwood said:

So, if the Faceless Men and/or the Waif wanted Arya to leave Braavos, why wouldn't they simply instruct her to leave and send her packing? Why would the waif somehow pose as Arya, only to let Arya kill her, as some sort of convoluted plot to get her out of Braavos?

Because as other people have said, it's a test for both the Waif, and Arya. Arya passes and the Waif fails.

Of course, after rewatching the preview until my eyes bled today, both Arya and the Waif are running as if neither have been stabbed, so as lame as I think it is, it's probably Arya with a blood bag... which I'm just not a fan of, especially since she'd have to use the stomach of some animal, since Braavos doesn't have ziplock bags, so they'd be very fragile, and does she have them all over? Since she can't know the Waif is going to stab her in the first place, let alone in the gut.

However it works out, I just want it to make sense.

And I do think that's Sylivo Forel behind the Waif in that photo. Same hair, same costume.... Sylvio being Jaqen would be great.

Archived